Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Corset Training Thread

I love the look of a smaller waist but I want to keep my weight, I'm assuming I can acheive this with tightlacing? and Im still young enough to know that I want children in the future would corseting affect anything ?

Hoorah, great thread thanks for making it! Lots of inspirational women on here but I agree with Moccachino, that 'Barbie' bird is scary as hell and not really a great advert for the corseted form.

See, I told you guys. Dr Stone has said that about rib removal copious times!! In fact if you speak to him on Realself.com or in person as I have for my job, (I had to interview him) he often puts patients right about feasibility of this procedure and asks the psychiatric question of BDD. 'Barbie' reminds me a little of the Romanian model who has the tiniest waist I will try to find a link hang on....

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/model-show...waist.html

She looks like a waist trainer to me.

Out of curiosity do any of you know of Orchard Corsets, they're supposed to be good.

Hopeful, given that so many women in the 19th century gave birth to a huge number of kids I think it's safe to say that corsets don't make you infertile. Sure, not everyone had a dozen kids living in there household, but that's only because the infant mortality rate was so high. As a matter fact, most Victorian women weren't even willing to stop wearing a corset during pregnancy, and instead switched to a much less restrictive "pregnancy corset", and yet it doesn't seem to have kept them from popping them out like a factory. Of course, they must have loosened their corsets even more as their tummies expanded. Modern tightlacers don't wear corsets during pregnancy, and I'm not suggesting that you or anyone else should, but the fact that Victorians were actually able to do so goes a long way towards proving that a corset can't crush your uterus to death.

In response to your other question, of course a corset can cinch your waist no matter your size or shape, but it will only make it look smaller not firmer, and the displaced fat has to somewhere. It doesn't just disappear. Don't forget that ab exercises can also help pull your stomach in without causing weight loss.

(25-09-2012, 10:31 PM)Babakins Wrote:  Out of curiosity do any of you know of Orchard Corsets, they're supposed to be good.

Orchard Corsets is excellent for Off-the-Shelf items. Check the measurements of each style for the length of the corset and the differences waist-to-hip and waist-to-bust in order to get the best fit for your measurements.

Watch their videos, quite a lot of information there.
Phone help if needed is a plus, they know their products and most of the women in customer service are also the models of the corsets.

Hey Doll... Now that you've worn it a bit, would you think your punk69 corset will be able to do rib reshaping once you start getting it tighter?

(25-09-2012, 12:39 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  On a serious note, I hope you don't mind, but I feel compelled to say a little something about Valeria Lukyanova, because I'm worried that people will see her and get the wrong impression of corsetry, or even Cosplay, for that matter. I thought about including her on this page myself, but I felt a little conflicted about it for a lot of reasons. I'm guessing that like most people, you already suspect that she has some serious issues, but I want to make it clear to people who don't know, so that they don't think that we're advocating anything crazy. I'll be posting it in a minute.

She reminds me of the Romanian 20-inch waisted model as well, although when comparing the waists of the two women, you can definitely tell that Valeria has corsetted. Her ribs don't look sickly and sticking out like they would with just anorexia. I mean, obviously she IS anorexic, but corsetting has brought her ribs in a bit to where they don't make her look as anorexic as she actually is (and yes mocha, I would definitely agree that she is CRAZY anorexic). I'm surprised her butt is even that big as anorexic as she is (of course, that might also be fake like her breasts and nose). Although I've never seen her pre-photos, thanks for finding that video! Her waist looked so much more normal back than, I'm so surprised! I do like her small waist, honestly, but it would look MUCH better on someone who had thigh meat on them. She just looks so sickly. So yeah, not a GOOD example of the typical tightlacer, but she definitely has tightlaced (I looked for bikini pictures of her anime friend, but I'm guessing she's still in the corset-training process and this doesn't have any nude waist pictures).

As far as the rib reshaping, I really think it's already in the process of doing that. Heck, my SQUEEM was enough to start reshaping them, and this corset is much, much stronger than that. If I leave the corset on for a full day, I have to loosen it a little by the end of the day because of how much my ribs hurt. I just got it tightened down to 25.5" today, and even at 26.5" the corset hurt my ribs by the end of the day. I measured my underbust today with my corset on and measured at about 30". With my natural underbust of 29", and factoring in that the corset adds 2-3" to the measurement, it means my under-corset measurement would be around 28/27". Definitely enough to shape me over time. ;P

I've been feeling the shape of my ribs lately, and they're definitely caving inward more than they used to be before. Which, the progress so far is all thanks to the Squeem. So I can't imagine how drastically things will change with this strong corset! <3

I bought a tight tank top the other day, and wore it over top of my corset. You could see slight lines around the boning and a small bulge at the knot, but other than that, you really couldn't tell it was a corset underneath. It actually hides a LOT better than the Squeem did somehow. I really don't know how people complain about not being able to hide their corsets under clothes, it really is so easy.

My friend and I were talking yesterday, and realized we have the same exact goals; originally, we both only wanted to go down to 23" waists, but now we're looking to get 20" waists in the long-term. We're going to end up looking like Mrs. Anime and Barbie girl one day. xD I'm hoping to have a stable 23" waist by next Otakon in July or August. I can't wait to see how amazing my cosplay looks with a real anime body! (I REALLY can't wait to cosplay a few years from now with an almost non-existant waist!)

We also realized how much longer her waist is than mine. I really am so jealous. Even though I'm four inches taller than her, her waist is maybe 1-1 1/2" longer than mine. Angry I think this corset will help straighten out my scoliosis a little to make me a little taller, but I have no idea how long something like this will take. :/ I think that's why my back hurts so much in this corset when it shouldn't at all; my back has never been this straight before in my life! D: My corset is a little long for my torso, so hopefully over time once it starts to straighten me out, I'll fit it perfectly. I'm also going to be doing more back-strengthening exercises and using my exercise ball to help even more. Who knows, I might end up being a full inch or two taller by the end of this!

Doll, I'm not really sure what you mean. I honestly hope you don't mean that you want a 20" natural waist. First of all, you'd probably have to get down to a 16" corset waist to retain a 20" natural waist. To put it in perspective, 16" is the circumference of an average coffee can. It's also only 1 inch bigger than the infamous Cathie Jung's corseted waist: http://cheeju.wordpress.com/2007/08/29/c...ist-woman/ At that size, the ribcage starts become caved in and spreads out at the top almost like swimmers lats. Her organs have also been pushed so far down that she has a huge pooch. She is 5'6" and her corseted measurements are 39/15/39.

It's good to set your goals high, but I hope you're eventually able to settle on set of realistic body goals that work for you, rather than fall into the trap of ever receding goal posts. I hope you don't think that I'm putting you on the spot. All this talk just worries me a little, and I'm being completely honest when I say that I think you're already beautiful.

Here's one more pic from an article talking about realistic tightlacing goals:

[Image: 16inches.jpg]

I'm with mocha on this one Doll... You're already gorgeous, and aiming that small is just asking for all kinds of problems... Please stick to something more realistic.

I agree with Mocha and Abi, I think you are stunning too and I hope you do this slowly and sensibly. Also have you seen your osteopath as you say you have scoliosis. Maybe they can recommend a plan of action. I know corsets are prescribed for that here in the UK.

Hm...Never really looked at how small that might be. Idk, it's a slow process either way, especially when you start to get smaller and smaller, so I'm sure once I even hit 23" I'll start to feel good about my progress and might not go much lower. I have a friend who can't be more than 22" naturally TOPS (she's also under 5 foot tall), and it doesn't look too thin on her at all. I just plan on taking things as I go and seeing what looks best on my body. I in no way want to be TOO thin, but I also want to look obviously trained to my size. I don't know if that really makes sense to anyone else or not. >.< But I don't know, 22" might be good enough for me once I get there (I'm also hoping to have a 42" butt by then, and 32DDD breasts, so I guess those will really make a 22" waist look petite!)

As far as my scoliosis, I haven't seen a doctor in years. They had me going every year for a few years to get x-rays, didn't tell me anything about my scoliosis at all, and then told me it looked like it wasn't getting much worse and I didn't have to come in anymore. :/ I have no idea what the x-rays looked like, what kind of curve it is, the degree of the curve, anything. And come to find out, there are scoliosis exercises to strengthen your back muscles to help prevent it from getting worse that I could have been doing all along. I swear the doctors around here are only in it for the money. Not one of them would actually like to help people. So with my barely-insurance at this point, corsetting and working out are pretty much all I can do. I'll give it a few months and see if I get any improvements. Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon