Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Managing NBE risk factors

Hello all,

So I have questions about how you manage your NBE risk factors and what you think your risk factors are!

For me, I want to prevent blood clots and lumps/cancerous growths, as well as prevent liver damage.

I take a lot of supplements for NBE and overall health, and I know this is not ideal for the liver. I also am going to start taking PM, and increased estrogen can have all kinds of side effects like a higher chance of blood clots developing, as well as possibly lumps that would change into cancerous tumors.

What are you doing to minimize your side effects?

Here is what I do:
- I have changed my exercise routine: instead of exercising for 1-1.5 hours each day, I exercise in 10-20 minute chunks several times throughout the day. This keeps me active throughout the day and improves my circulation, thus minimizing my risk of blood clots

- I am cutting down on meats and other animal products, as many studies suggest they may be linked with cancer and cancerous growths

- I am eating more nutritious foods and eating less than before... just to give all my organs a break, tbh.

- I've cut out caffeine and alcohol (I used to binge drink quite often). And the caffeine, I cut out because of my anxiety (even chocolate Sad lol).

What else would you recommend that I do? I live in a region of Canada with the highest Cancer rate... Canada itself has a very high cancer rate. So I am trying to be as proactive and smart about this as possible. I already don't smoke and would never consider doing so.

ps. I haven't started PM yet, BUT I have been drinking a cup of milk (soy or cow or flax) for the past couple of weeks, every day. I know it's not much... LOL

All of that is good!

Additionally, I worry about keeping the hormonal balance right, taking the right amounts of the right things, to keep all my hormones in check...

There's also the concern that some of the herbs we use for NBE also mess with other hormonal pathways, a common one being licorice messing with the corticosteroids and aldosterone. The way I used to manage that was to watch my sodium and keep it exceptionally low, take extra B vitamins, and heart health stuff. I'll still be taking heart health stuff and extra B vitamins even though I've quit licorice.

Uhm. I don't worry as much about my liver, mainly because I try to use concentrates and extracts instead of whole herbs.

Actually though, cutting back chocolate might not necessarily be a good thing... Chocolates been shown to be extremely good for keeping cholesterol down and overall heart health. The caffeine in cocoa is minimal enough I doubt it'd have much impact.

www.pubmed.gov has a lot of interesting studies on herbs. If you hit a scientific name just google it. mg/kg means mg of herb per kg of body weight. While real estrogen can cause cancer, most of the popular herbs here prevent cancer not cause it. Even in extremely large amounts there doesn't tend to be any liver toxicity either.

PM and sometimes hops are strong enough to cause feminine problems however, similar to estrogen. Progesterone/prolactin herbs can counterbalance issues. They likewise have enough estrogen effect to likewise increase stress on blood vessels causing spider veins. Bioflavonoids (fresh fruit) can prevent that. Fenugreek can lower blood sugar causing problems for hypoglycemics. B vitamins can help issues (so can sugar, temporarily). B vitamins are good for a lot of hormonal, mood and energy issues in general.

Animal fat stores cancer causing estrogen mimicking chemicals, so that's good to avoid. Don't worry about fish and lean meat. Cutting out toxic chemicals and stimulants is good for your liver and heart too. Ya even light exercise twice a day is great for circulation. Besides that chia seeds are good for omega 3s and antioxidants to clean you up and prevent cancer. Or rice bran for antioxidants and B vitamins. Generally whole grain/nut/bean/seed and whole eggs foods have B vitamins. Chocolate is good but refined sugar is bad. Refined = stripped of B vitamins and more. You need molasses or bran to replace what was removed.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon