Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hello World

I'm mostly an occasional lurker here.

I am a mtf pre-op transsexual from Toledo, Ohio who is attempting to take an herbal route to my HRT because I cannot afford the medical route.

I am 5'4", 140 lbs (I lost a ton of weight recently but just can't seem to lose the last like 10-20 pounds), have a 36" hip, 27" waist, 32" under-bust, and 35" bust. Unfortunately, I also still have a "double waisted" look due to my tummy bulge

I have been on saw palmetto for just about a year now, having started at relatively low doses and gradually increased it to its present 640 mg twice daily of standardized extract. I've been taking that dose for nearly 9 months.

I've been on chaste berry even longer, originally using it for it's mild opiate as part of a soul search to cure my then debilitating depression. Little did I expect what would occur late last year about one month after my birthday and over half a year after starting my soul searching - I discovered that I wished I were a woman. To the degree that I truly felt I should have been one to begin with.

After that discovery I ramped up my chaste berry dose to attempt to increase my bodies production of progesterone while simultaneously taking saw palmetto and licorice root, all three trying to decrease my testosterone.

I toyed with soy isoflavones, but while they did seem to give me some puffiness and tenderness, I never seemed to truly develop and was spending insane amounts of money on the extracts... soy, I figured out quickly, was not an effective way to increase my estrogen. So I just gave up and settled into a "holding pattern" of just simply trying to suppress my testosterone.

About three months or so ago, I decided it was time to go full-time living as a woman. My workplace, while CLAIMING Rolleyes to be fine with my transitional status up to this point, immediately took quite unkindly to me beginning to dress and act and indicate a preference to be referred to as female. Angry

I tried to struggle through while looking for a way out, and while I succeeded in finding a beauty school I felt I could comfortably attend - they didn't simply state a policy of acceptance, but literally took me as and treated me as a normal female even though I know I make an incredibly butch looking one no matter how hard I try... I am only to begin attendance on September 10th. I still had over two months to go.

Things got worse and worse as my boss, supervisors, (including my own brother being perhaps the worst of them), and co-workers disregarded me and treated me as less than the dirt between their toes while pretending to be supportive of me in words until finally, I got so depressed that I slept basically through an entire weekend and left the pool to go to hell.

Within the week I was fired for "loss of motivation". Dodgy

I have since filed for Social Security Supplemental Security Income claiming to be disabled by my Gender Dysphoria and other issues, related and not. I am now waiting to get a summons to see a government shrink to assess my claim...

Should I get those funds, I'll still be extremely lacking in financial means even compared to when I WAS working, so... medical transition is STILL beyond me. Even if I should not get those funds, through the generosity of friends and family I should still be able to afford herbs.

My dad bought me a Noogleberry which I have begun to use, though I must admit fairly irregularly. It does seem to be helping a little bit.

Oddly, the first time I used it I seem to have drawn out copious amounts of some kind of clear fluid which caused severe pain and scarring on my breasts... Huh This has not repeated itself and I am now able to achieve some fairly reasonable swelling which seems to last for about 8 hours with no horrid side effects. Cool I'd probably say I'm able to achieve the appearance of a full A cup to small B cup. Big Grin

I discovered this site through the Noogleberry forums as a place for information on things to do alongside noogling, and here I discovered something that might work for me better than soy: Pueraria Mirifica.

I am presently considering changing up my herbal routine, dropping the licorice as it causes too severe of side effects, dropping various other things that I have been using to treat the undesired effects of the licorice, and with the money saved from those, adding pueraria mirifica.

My goals are less about breast enhancement per say than about sweeping changes across my body, breasts being only a part of the whole. I want to flatten my tummy, decrease my waist size, widen my hips, and get bigger boobs. My behind is already quite big enough, if anything, I fill the seat of my panties a little too tightly. Which is where most of my "hip" measurement is actually coming from Blush

I think that I eventually would like a C cup and to get my figure as close to an hourglass as possible. Blush But then, don't we all?

I'm unlikely to do any nude progress shots because I'm just not comfortable doing so, but I might do some underwear-only. Maybe. More likely that I'll just continue lurking and occasionally pop up and comment on something.

Hi Abi and welcome. Smile

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, work-wise.

A few pointers that may help with your breast development:

For information on general herbs and supplements the best thing to do is wade through Isabelle's thread http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&page=158.

General consensus of opinion is that taking PM with hops/FG, etc, is a waste of time and money, generally most people go one way or the other.

You seem to be a bit confused about testosterone and its role in all this. It is DHT ( dihydro-testosterone) which is the gremlin as far as breast development goes, not testosterone itself. SP blocks the conversion of T to DHT and it is DHT that is largely responsible for male secondary characteristics such as body hair, male pattern baldness, etc. Actually having T around is probably a good thing, because the body naturally converts excess T to to Estrogens, which is exactly what we want, so you don't need to stop T production, except in terms of going 'all the way' for GRS.

Liquorice is a good source of phyto-hormones but it is recommended NOT to take it for more than about a month without a break because it can affect the heart, cause low blood pressure, lower potassium levels and various other nasty side effects.

Hope this helps.

No, I'm not really confused...

I WANT to go all the way. My regimen is less about boobs per say and more about trying to approximate an HRT regimen using herbs. And maybe a little "plus some".

My goals are to re-balance my hormones to more closely approximate a female, herbally.

I know all about different phyto-estrogen's competing against each other and your bodies natural estrogen... I know quite a bit about a lot of the herbs people on these forums use, actually...

I'm familiar with and doing things to counteract all the side effects of my licorice abuse. I will actually probably save money by dropping licorice and it's counters and using PM.

I'd be interested in a different herb for combating testosterone, but doubt anyone here could help with that.

Actually, I found this just now: It seems that Chinese Skullcap contains baicalein, a very powerful 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase inhibitor... must learn more...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon