Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

SHARE YOUR BEST WAY FOR WAIST REDUCTION

For those who want to try a cream instead of tightlacing, or in addition to tightlacing, a lot of people recommend Yohimburn ES. It's expensive, but at least it has a lot of satisfied users and a plausible mechanism by which it could actually reduce fat and not just water. In my opinion, most other creams work by localized dehydration, which does produce a visible reduction but it's extremely temporary. Products with Yohimbine work by inhibiting alpha 2 receptors. If you look at sites that cater mostly to male bodybuilders, the reviews of Yohimburn are very mixed. That's because Yohimbine only works on estrogenic fat. It can work on men who are already at an extremely low level of body fat because almost all of the fat they have left is either vital fat (meaning necessary to stay alive) or estrogenic fat. Small pockets of estrogenic fat are always the last to go on a very slim man. Most other men will see little or no results. The reason why there's such a huge sex difference is that estrogenic fat is much higher in alpha 2 receptors than other types of fat, so women should get much better results from yohimbine containing products like Yohimburn. I'm going to try making my own yohimbine topical, but I won't describe it here because it could be dangerous, and I have no idea who might be reading this. Sorry, guys Tongue

PS: If you're interested in making your own yohimibine cream, don't be, because it's actually not easier, cheaper, or more effective. I'm just doing it because I have a bunch of old yohimbine pills that I never used.

One more thing, because I'm sick today and super bored. Can you tell? Tongue
This is a video of Bishonenrancher explaining how to waist train. At 5:27 she gives a brief overview of the "roller coaster" method from Romantasy's Corset Magic book. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhu57Ul3ZQg&feature=relmfu The method in the book is a little bit more detailed, and takes out a lot of the guesswork, especially for beginners. It's too bad I don't remember the details of the overview they used to have on their site. I never bought the book, but I'm pretty sure that there used to be much more info about the method on their site. Lately they've become a bit stingy Angry The roller coaster method is a method that, if done correctly, makes it possible to get the same amount of reduction you would get from 23/7 corset wearing, but with MUCH fewer hours of wear. Basically it involve cinching your corset to an uncomfortable level of reduction, and then wearing it for longer an longer periods as it becomes more and more comfortable. You increase the hours little by little until you finish off each "cycle" with one week of 23/7 wear (if I remember correctly), and then start the cycle again by cinching down to an uncomfortable reduction for only 2 hours.

They no longer sell the book, probably because people were giving it away for free. Now they only sell a "customized" training schedule based on the book. They've started charging for lots of things that used to be free. You can't even see all their before and afters without paying (but there are still a decent amount of free ones available). It makes me wonder if the management has changed. I'm really dissapointed with their behaviour lately, but that doesn't mean that the info they offer is not valid. *Rant over*

(30-08-2012, 04:03 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  For those who want to try a cream instead of tightlacing, or in addition to tightlacing, a lot of people recommend Yohimburn ES. It's expensive, but at least it has a lot of satisfied users and a plausible mechanism by which it could actually reduce fat and not just water. In my opinion, most other creams work by localized dehydration, which does produce a visible reduction but it's extremely temporary. Products with Yohimbine work by inhibiting alpha 2 receptors. If you look at sites that cater mostly to male bodybuilders, the reviews of Yohimburn are very mixed. That's because Yohimbine only works on estrogenic fat. It can work on men who are already at an extremely low level of body fat because almost all of the fat they have left is either vital fat (meaning necessary to stay alive) or estrogenic fat. Small pockets of estrogenic fat are always the last to go on a very slim man. Most other men will see little or no results. The reason why there's such a huge sex difference is that estrogenic fat is much higher in alpha 2 receptors than other types of fat, so women should get much better results from yohimbine containing products like Yohimburn. I'm going to try making my own yohimbine topical, but I won't describe it here because it could be dangerous, and I have no idea who might be reading this. Sorry, guys Tongue

PS: If you're interested in making your own yohimibine cream, don't be, because it's actually not easier, cheaper, or more effective. I'm just doing it because I have a bunch of old yohimbine pills that I never used.

Holy crap I'm about to buy Yohimbine HCl this weekend to make my own cream. How did you know?!?? Lol I know it's not really cheaper than Yohimburn (yes, I've spent a lot of time looking into this the past week), so instead I'm going to be buying this thermogenic cream and mixing the capsules into it (the cream has menthol in it already for absorption, so you don't have to worry about that addative). Since you need to already be losing weight for Yohimbine to work, this will make sure that I'm losing weight in those areas. I'm also getting caffeine pills that I'll probably mix in there, too. I'm going to put this on my midsection under seran wrap and my Squeem before my morning walks, but I'm also going to be putting it on my upper arms, as I pretty much can't burn that area on my own. I looked into just taking the pills originally, but taking them internally could cause you to lose your butt fat, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take. Smile Besides, this cream will be much cheaper than Yohimburn and seems to have some pretty good reviews so far!

Quote:The roller coaster method is a method that, if done correctly, makes it possible to get the same amount of reduction you would get from 23/7 corset wearing, but with MUCH fewer hours of wear. Basically it involve cinching your corset to an uncomfortable level of reduction, and then wearing it for longer an longer periods as it becomes more and more comfortable. You increase the hours little by little until you finish off each "cycle" with one week of 23/7 wear (if I remember correctly), and then start the cycle again by cinching down to an uncomfortable reduction for only 2 hours.

Tightlacing is commonly used to describe all corset training, but this is what actual tightlacing is (hence the name). This is the method they used to use in the olden days, when corsettry was at its biggest. The girls would tightlace tighter and tighter all the time (although commonly at a much faster pace and for longer periods of time) and could reach drastic reductions in a very short period of time. I figure if I get a corset, I'll only be able to wear it during the day when I'm not wearing my Squeem (I'll have to wear the Squeem at night to be able to bend for work), so I'll probably end up tightlacing in the hours off from my Squeem, especially since I know I won't be able to sleep in a corset. You can also tightlace for a few hours during the day, then loosen it to the regular size you should be wearing it for the rest of the day. But tightlacing for too many hours right off the bat is dangerous, so it should never be done as an all day thing when you're at a new reduction (like in Pirates of the Caribbean where the girl passes out because she's been corsetted too tightly and can't breathe properly). It's pretty hardcore corseting, and I think that's why it's so uncommon now even among daily corsetters.

So, first I thought this pudge in my stomach was fat. Then I realized it was from digestion problems. Well, I've pretty much gotten rid of my digestion issues (I lost over 3lbs already!), and now I'm pretty sure it's mostly visceral fat, with a very little bit of subcutaneous fat. :/ I guess I've put on about an inch around my waist after high school.

I'm walking/jogging every morning now, taking a walk at night and will be drinking green tea at every meal to help burn as many calories as possible. I'm also going to be taking L-Carnitine supplements and using my thermogenic Yohimbine HCl cream. L-Carnitine helps the body burn fat as fuel, and I think on my own, no matter how high my metabolism, my body only burns the calories I take in each day, and not the fat that's already there. I'm hoping to get rid of most of this within a month, as well as some of the fat on my arms. My Squeem hasn't been able to take ANY of this fat off my waist, so this is my only natural option. If this still doesn't work, I'm going to have to turn to diet pills, and I hate that option. I feel like it's cheating, and much prefer the natural way, but if this just won't work, then there's nothing I'll be able to do to get my body to burn fat on its own.

It all makes sense. I was always so skinny, and over the years, every little bit of fat that packed on never left, and it just kept building more and more on top of it. I could consume 5,000 calories in a day and burn pretty much all of it off with my high metabolism, but I could also consume less than 2,000 calories a day for weeks and never lose a pound. At least now I have a good understanding of my problem and can hopefully fix it with proper diet, exercise and natural supplements.

I think my waist width is mostly due to wide rib cage.... I don't have much fat around my waist.... but I heard tht rib cage is flexible and can change
do u think corset can hold ribs closed to each other? could this happen? or what do u think the best thing may work for me?

I think if there was a thoracic surgeon out there who started reforming the ribcage he'd/she'd be a billionnairre! I know for people who have serious disorders etc have to deal with this alot as it is but I mean cosmetically speaking.

I mean seriously cutting you open and snipping all the ribs on each side and closing them back up again. I ask myself would I do that? Sadly the answer sometimes is yes! Don't judge me I just hate having a boxy figure like a teenage boy!

@Babakins looool I'm afraid tht I would do it too haha
but sometimes I try to compress my ribs close by my hands I think they can be compressed Tongue so I thought corset may help

Corsets are very commonly used to reshape the ribcage. You have to buy one with a more conical shape rather than one that is shaped around the ribcage. Even the Squeem will help (my ribcage is a little wider, and after a month my ribs are already starting to shift). But if there isn't any fat to get rid of, then get a corset. http://www.squidoo.com/corsettraining?ut...ramebuster NEVER buy an S-bend (aka Edwardian) corset because they are meant to misshape your spine and will cause many unhealthy back problems. Look at the chart on that page and notice how the conical corset tapers right down, while the hourglass shapes around your ribs, then starts to cinch in underneath of them. The hourglass would do you no good. Look into it some more, but it sounds like this is your best bet. Smile I personally LOVE conical corsets, and that's what I plan on buying to waist train (you can tell Laura Dore uses those kinds, so look at her waist for reference on the results).

Hey Doll. Would this be a conical? I'm trying to find the best quality I can for the absolute lowest price I can, since I'm suuuuuper poor right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Velvet-Underbust-Corset-natural/dp/B007I1UACM/ref=sr_1_17?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1346448650&sr=1-17&keywords=black+underbust+corset

Being black, I should be able to wear it at school np np. I'm attending beauty school soon and the dress code is all greyscale.

The advertising points make it out to be fairly decent quality for the price. Even if it doesn't last me forever, if it at least lasts me a year, I'd be satisfied.

I actually found something that sounds even tougher and actually costs less! Huh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sturdy-Spiral-Steel-Boned-Longer-Waist-Training-Underbust-Corset-Tight-Lacing-/140684744265?pt=US_Corsets_Bustiers&var=&hash=item20c176d649

Your opinion?

I'm kinda thinking about adding corset training to my plan. I think it might even look rather fashionable with my school clothes. ^^

If I get it and it looks too cheap, this one on ebay even has a 30 day refund guarantee.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon