Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does PM increase fertility?

I recently got off birth control & my period is irregular, comes every couple months. I was wondering if PM helps regulate your menstrual cycle & increase fertility?

It's possible that you are estrogen deficient right now and pm could help you solve your menstrual irregualrities, but it could be a number of other things as well. An overabundance of testosterone often is the cause for infrequent periods, and PM can definitely help with that.
how recently did you stop you BC pills? You need to allow 7 months for your hormones to re-balance and your period to normalize before you start self-diagnosing and medicating.
PCOS can cause an irregular period as well, as the cysts interfere with regular ovulation. PCOS sufferers are usually estrogen dominant, so if this is you, then pm would not be a good thing, you should look to increase progesterone instead.
If you are very skinny this could also cause you to suffer menstrual irregularities, and pm would probably help you, as would a caloric surplus in your diet (recall, estrogen is stored in fat cells, which also contain conversion precursors for estradiol, so fat helps to produce estrogen).
Hypothetically, yes, pm could regulate your periods and restore fertility, but it could also worsen your problem, depending on the underlying causes. First you should speak to your doctor and maybe have some tests done to determine the true nature of your problem.
Are you very skinny?

I've been off BC for about 2 months now, but before that my period wouldn't come for months at a time, which is part of the reason why I went back on BC, to regulate my period.

& lol I'm not very skinny, the opposite in fact. I'm overweight but trying to shed some pounds, hoping that will help regulate my menstrual cycle so I can conceive within the next year.

I was just wondering if PM helped w/ the menstruation cause that'd be a plus on top of helping my breasts develop.

I'd go to a doctor, but I don't have medical insurance & don't know how much an appointment or treatment would cost, would you happen to know or have an estimate of how much it'd cost?

If you are overweight, struggle to lose weight and have menstrual irregularities there is a fairly good chance you have PCOS and are estrogen dominant.
I live in Canada, land of milk honey and free medical care, so I cannot approximate the cost. But you could always do what broke people have been doing since time immemorial: experiment.
If I were you I would experiment with natural progesterone sources, or maybe even a progesterone cream, and see what happened.
PCOS is often accompanied by strong insulin resistance, which leads to weight gain. Fenugreek would be a perfect herb for you because it simultaneously increases progesterone and improves insulin sensitivity.
I would recommend a ketogenic diet (though not in the long term), as it has many proven benefits for PCOS sufferers (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1334192/ )
and can have favourable effects on insulin resistance and alleviation of other symptoms. Particularily if you are looking to increase fertility as you wil lnotice that 2 women in the study got pregant on a ketogenic diet despite having fertility problems and being unable to conceive previously.
The diet is quite is extreme and proper cautions should be taken to mantain health while on it (take your vitamins, fiber supps, etc). And try and make sure you get a big portion of your fats from medium-chain triglycerides, which produce more ketones than any other fats (coconut oil is the best source of MCTs). There is also a diet supplement called PGX which contains MCTs and enough fiber to keep you regular. It also can improve insulin sensitivity dramatically
( http://bioclinicnaturals.com/images/PIM/...r1.pdf.pdf ) I would recommend looking into it.
You should research PCOS and see how many of the symptoms you have, and take it from there. There are some really great programs for boosting progesterone, but I've never followed one and don't know too much about them. You should make a thread directed at Waihaka or Isabelle in the herbal breast enhancement forum, I'm sure they can help you with a program.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, Quest4Boobs! Smile I'll be sure to look into it & take your advice Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon