Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Will anything actually help hair grow faster?

Will anything actually help hair grow faster?
September 29 2008 at 4:25 PM Maddie (Login purpleboxerz)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently realized that I am to young to get myself involved with herbs and pills for breast enhancement but I was wondering about hair growth. Are there any safe ways to ecourage hair growth and has anybody experienced with it?

Author Reply
Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? September 29 2008, 6:18 PM

Silica and kelp were reported to make hair grow thicker and healthier. Silica is a mineral and kelp is a sea algae that contains lots of minerals. They only affect new hair of course so it takes like a year to start seeing a difference.
For hair growing faster I just know about fenugreek, but unfortunately it's one of the hormonally active herbs which you can't take. You could try googling for any other herbs specifically for hair growth, but ask here first if it's ok for you to take them.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? September 29 2008, 7:36 PM

Silicas disgusting!

My main tips for healthy hair are to not wash or brush it too much, it'll be nasty for a few weeks then it'll sort itself out. Also be careful not to tie it back too tightly as this encourages a receding hairline. Dry it naturally too, that's better than blowdrying and try not to use anything heated like straighteners too often.

Like your skin, your hair wants to be left alone.

Edit Message Delete Message

polly420
(Login polly420)
SENIOR MEMBER hair grow faster ? September 30 2008, 12:16 PM

hi there i use a shampoo + conditioner called FAST fortified amino scalp therapy, its a bit pricey but it works. xcx

SvelteCutie
(Login SvelteCutie) Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? September 30 2008, 8:27 PM

There are many things that help stimulate hair growth. Ayurvedic products are one. Try browsing thru long hair care forum, there is plenty of information there.

Maddie
(Login purpleboxerz) Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 3 2008, 3:18 AM

Thanks and i currently use fast, didn't do anything at all for me and ive had it almost a year.

Tory
(no login) hair growth October 3 2008, 6:32 AM

Hi-- I have (had) long hair down to my butt and every 3 years, would cut off 14-16 inches. Just did a cut 1 1/2 month ago as it's been 3 yrs so it's now maybe 3-4 inches past my shoulders.

I stopped using curling iron & blow dryer and hair styling aids and would occassionally use moouse and/or hairspray when I go out but other than that, I use leave-in-conditioners EVERYDAY. I let my hair air dry and wash my hair every 2-3 days though by the 2nd day, it feels so greasy, usually end up washing it every other day. I use to use hot curlers 2-3 times a week but now with 2 little ones, lucky if I curl my hair once a week.

I had started using leave-in-conditioners since I was in high school when I'd noticed I'd have so much split ends from always using the curling iron, hair spray, perms, etc to get my 80s hair do (LOL) so my dad had bought me the infusion 23 leave-in-conditioner and my hair just drank that stuff up! I noticed a major difference in my split ends and noticed how well my hair would grow and have been using leave-in-conditioners ever since. Now, I do switch brands often with my leave-in-conditioners AND shampoo about every other bottle, I'd switch as they say your hair gets used to the product but I always go back to the infusion 23 leave-in-conditioner as I truely believe in that product. My hubby loves long hair so I'd let it grow down to my butt which usually takes 3 years I've noticed then cut it off (as it'd get too long and heavy causing me to get headaches the older I get I've noticed) but I'm not worried as it's always grown back. I'm 31 now and noticed it'd slowed down some but still growing and I believe it's due to me using the leave-in-conditioners everyday. Hope this helps! Sorry it's so long. I tend to blabble on and on.....

Duelli
(Login duelli) Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 3 2008, 7:31 AM

prenatal vitamins work wonders! I don't know how old you are or if you really need to use prenatals but how about just a good multi vitamin and a healthy nutritious diet?

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 3 2008, 11:44 AM

Biotin. You have to find a B vitimin with Biotin in it, usually the B 100's have it, as B 50's don't. Its the Biotin in Vitimin B that make your hair grow really fast. You could also try and find a straight Biotin supplement, I know there are some out there, but hard to find. You will notice a huge difference with a good B Vitimin 100. It worked for me, and I still take them. B vitimins support the nervous system, so if you buy b vitiamins anyway make sure it is B100 for your hair too and not just B50's.

SensualCancer
(Login SensualCancer)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 4 2008, 4:40 PM

Hi

Just saw this subject and had to comment on them. Yes there are systems and herbs that will help your hair grow faster. I've been taking Gueye's Hair Growth systems every time I cut my hair and I grow it back to where I want it and then stop. This system really does work. You have to take a recommended 9 capsules a day, buy their shampoo and conditioner and use it one a week or more. I'm black so I can only wash my hair once a week or it will fall out. LOL. But you basically have to buy the entire system like the hair oils and stuff or it won't work.And you have to be consistent or it also won't work. No sense in spending all that money if you won't use it correctly...? You can get it on the net. Just type the name in and stores will pop up so you can order.

One thing I must say is you have to throw out the money to get what you want. And the cheaper it is, the chance that it most likely won't work. I've tried a lot of different systems and this one works for me. Others claim they work but I found out that my hair was only growing at it's regular rate with the other vitamins and systems I took.

But it's all natural herbs. It gives you energy, clears stress out of your body, and everything. They also sell herbs to clear toxins out of your body. And these are all natural. I hate pills so I would open up the capsules and let the herbs fall into my juice and you couldn't even taste them. The color is ugly, but it's tastless.

But also prenatal vitamins also works wonders as well.

Hair growth can be stunted because you ARE what you eat. You eat junk and your body will react just like that junk food. Also stress can slow down growth too. Changing your diet and stuff helps as well. Lots of water instead of caffeine works amazingly.

Sorry for blabbing on!

SensualCancer
(Login SensualCancer)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 4 2008, 10:37 PM

Oh yea!! I forgot Hair formula37 (HF37) works as well, but it's more expensive. I stopped taking it because i like herbs more than tablets. But you can check that out too.

Maddie
(Login purpleboxerz) Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 13 2008, 10:12 PM

Thank you SensualCancer for your advice! But unfortunatly I don't think i would be able to get a hold of that system you are using because i am only 13 and wouldnt be able to be anything off the internet without my parents knowing. Is there anything I could buy in stores that would have some effect, other than the B 100?

SensualCancer
(Login SensualCancer)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 14 2008, 6:34 AM

I haven't really found anything in hair stores. But in the meantime, you should go to the vitamin store and they DO have hair supplement vitamins that encourages healthy hair and growth, but they are by brands I have never used so I don't actually know if it's worth buying.

But if you don't want to do that. Just do as the others have mentioned and buy prenatal vitamins. I personally haven't used that either, but I know friends that have and it did wonders for them.

Moon
(no login) Re: Will anything actually help hair grow faster? October 14 2008, 2:22 PM

I'm actually considering trying prenatal vitamis, but I haven't seen any such prepared blends arround here. Which vitmains should it include - folic acid, iron, and what else?

Off topic--anything I can do to improve my hair and make my skin fairer?
March 28 2008 at 12:50 AM Youngster83 (Login Youngster83)
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows if there is anything I could do about this. When I was younger, my hair was naturally shiny and it was a lot thicker too. I don't know if there's anything I can do to make it thicker, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make it shinier without having to put a bunch of gels or oils in my hair (unless it's a treatment, lol). I notice that when I straighten my hair it's not anywhere near as shiny or straight as other girls' hair is. I think the overall texture of my hair has somehow worsened over the years, which is weird, because I rarely do anything to it.

Also, is there anything I can do to make my skin more fair and vibrant. I'd like for it to be like my friend's skin. It's just very fair, and it glows a lot. I don't really have acne or anything, but on the whole it just looks kind of dead and dull.

Any tips?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Off topic--anything I can do to improve my hair and make my skin fairer?
March 28 2008, 4:52 AM

Do you was your hair a lot? Do you blowdry? Do you straighten it regularly?

Is your hair dry or greasy? How long after you wash it before it gets greasy? Do you work in a greasy or steamy atmosphere?

For the skin, maybe exfoliation, bentonite clay masks, sauna...going on the pill has been the only thing that helped mine much. Olay daily facials are quite good too. Maybe just better makeup?

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
March 28 2008, 5:05 AM

A good and cheap deep treatment for shiny health hair is get a can of coconut milk (in the baking or asian isle). After your next wash and while hair is still damp soak your hair in this for at least an hour (leave all day if you can). You will need to cover with a plastic shower cap. It adds moisture, makes your hair feel silky soft and shiny. you will need to lightly shampoo after this treatment.

A good protein treatment I love:
1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
2-3 egg yolks
1 tbsp honey
because of the egg you MUST rinse this out in cool water not warm!

And if you just can't do these you can always take the best conditoner you have, slather it on hair, wrap it up and leave it on for several hours or all day. Instant deep treatment without having to go out and buy anything or mix anything!

To stimulate hair growth which will help to thicken your hair is gently massage your scalp every night with the pads of your fingers. It stimulates bloodflow and helps wake up hair follicles. Now on the skin thing I don't know what to tell you. I have the opposite problem. I'm already way too fair.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 28 2008, 5:07 AM

I think rinsing your hair on cold water is supposed to make it shiny, I was told this and I do it and my hair's shiny even though it's highlighted.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 28 2008, 5:34 AM

Yes that is true. When you wash your hair... after you shampoo try and make the water as warm as possible and squeeze all the water out of your hair and add conditioner. It REALLY helps to leave it on for 3-5 minutes; make sure you don't get any water on it while waiting, let the steam open the hair follicles. And then rinse out with cold water to close the follicles and yes, it does make it shinier and healthier.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
March 28 2008, 5:53 AM

For Hair Care: Lush's Marilyn. It's an all natural beauty product I love to use for special treatments. www.Lush.com

For Skin Care: I used to use Shiseido's White Lucent line. It's completely worth it but kinda pricey since it's a department store beauty product. When I get a job again I'm going straight to Shiseido counter and online to buy more WU Smile

madboobie
(no login)
March 28 2008, 12:53 PM

i would recommend the environ range of skin products. They are a range of moiusturisers with vit A in them, so you need to start with the lowest concentration and work up to the highest, which takes about 6 months or so. The also do a product called C-Boost which contains vit c and is especially good for increasing radiance. There are a number of websites that do it but the one I use is called Natures Face (UK based) and the lady there (Anne) is very helpful and approachable. Obviously I don't know what your budget is though. The products are not cheap (about £25 for a moisturiser) but they do work if you stick with it and give it time (but like NBE really!) The other thing I should mention about Natures Face is that Anne doesn't give you huge hard sell and try to get you to buy hundreds of different products. For example she told me it was fine to use the night cream as a day cream aswell to save having to buy two different products. Also she didn't push several types of cleanser onto me... she said it was fine to use what I was using, so I have continued to do that.
I have to say I have used loads of different (and expensive) skin care ranges (estee lauder / clinique etc) and this one is the only one that has come close to delivering on its promises. We're not talking miracles (what is) but it is very, very good.
Re. the hair, have you tried a hair skin and nails supplement? I did that whan all my nails flaked off following two pregnancies and two years breast feeding, and it set them right.
Good luck with it all
Lol
Madboobie xx

kessy
(Login kesspring)
March 28 2008, 1:22 PM

To have thicker hairs try using a Mane and Tail shampoo. Google, Mane and Tail and you can read more about it.

To have softer and shiner hairs just use a leave-in conditioner with protein. I do the same. U will thank me later :-).

As for the skin I have the same opinion as Louise. You can also try some multivitamins. They do the trick.

momXseven
(Login momXseven)
March 28 2008, 2:04 PM

Something for your face that works really well is Pevonia Botanica Lightening Mask,
http://www.pevonia.com.au/b-prod-lightening.htm

They have a mask, cream and gel. I have only tried the mask and really liked it.

mango84
(Login Mango84)
Re: Off topic
March 28 2008, 2:30 PM

Gelatin will give your skin a glow. Smile

Youngster83
(Login Youngster83)
March 28 2008, 4:54 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, and I'll look into these products/treatments to see which is best for me. As for your questions Louise, normally I was my hair every three days or so. I don't blowdry it, and I've only started straightening it regularly recently. But it is kind of greasy. It usually starts to get greasy around the second day that I wash it. I notice that when I take a shower, even if I cover my hair with extra care in the shower cap so that nothing is sticking out, it looks a lot worse everytime I take it off right after getting out of the shower. It's probably normal, but that's when I feel like it starts getting greasier and ugly. I've done it with brand-new showercaps and the same thing happens so I don't really get it. It's probably normal, but it's annoying anyway.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 28 2008, 8:19 PM

The greasy after shower hat thing is just sweat! Tie your hair in a bun instead and set the shower head lower or stand further back to keep dry! Don't let the bathroom steam up if you still find you're sweaty. If you have a bit of time off work and you can afford to stay in try to let your hair go a week without washing it. If you wash it less, it naturally produces less oil then you don't have to wash it much in future and you don't pull so much out. My hair's naturally dry and it's highlighted and waistlength but it's shiny and thick and it only looks greasy after about 8 days so I usually only wash it once a week. I then put plenty of serum in while it's wet. I also occasionally use a hot oil product although I think putting any sort of oil like EPO or whatever on the ends of your hair (while dry) then washing it would help. Generally I think your skin and hair want to be left alone. I know I used to use all sorts of facial products - masks, scrubs, hot clay, salicylic acid treatments etc and once I went on the pill and my skin got a bit better I stopped using all that stuff and it got even better. I'd be wary of salicylic acid too, I think it gave me wrinkles (although when I asked a friend he kindly told me they were already like that!). The Potters range of skin care products are nice and also made from natural stuff, esp the 'Skin Clear' ointment which is a white zinc cream and is good for both greasy acne or dry eczema and also when rubbed in well on the upper eyelid and beneath the eyebrow makes you look more awake and your eyes wider without the appearance of having made an effort!

Princess Pearl
(no login)
Shiny hair, you can do it!!!
March 28 2008, 8:28 PM

The cuticle is the outer layer of the hair shaft that resembles scales of a fish. Sometimes when hair is frayed or dull, the cuticle has its scales straight out from the shaft. Cool water and acidic rinses can put the cuticle back smoother to create a surface that reflects more light, looking shinier. Even blow-drying with a round brush and smoothing the hair over and over can help flatten the cuticle. Usually that is easier done by a stylist, it is hard to do that on ourselves! Put your hair under heat with a cap like we do in the salon, heat helps the moisturiser or conditioner to penetrate, then use a cool water rinse, and an acidic conditioner for a rinse helps too: this will close the cuticle down to create more shine. Aveda is affordable and all natural. The Deep Penetrating conditioner is fabulous, but it needs heat to really make a difference. After rinsing use Aveda Rosemary Mint conditoner just for the extra shine, it has vinegar in it. Smells really good, like minty fresh. Some with curly hair put a little dab of the Deep Penetrating back into their hair added to their styling aid.

Alfaparf has a nice shine that is used after your hair is all styled, put a little of this oil in your palms and smooth over your hair. It is called Semi Di Lino Cristalli Liquidi Alfaparf has a excellent conditioner called the Cristalli Illuminating Mask. I knew one girl with the most beautiful shiny hair and she said it was fried and like weeds until she used that mask on her hair. My mom heard that and bought herself some and now cannot live without it! For birthdays and Christmas I give her huge Alfaparf bottles of different products, the shampoo is very luxurious. The Semi Di Lino Cristali Liquidi..the liquid shine: My friends swear by it. It just puts a surface shine on, no moisturising effect, it does not penetrate the hair shaft. It smells real nice and clean. The whole product line is very scented.

I can never afford it myself, but Pureology is like a step up from Aveda, being all natural etc. But it is pricey...

Good luck with the hair! Strong shampoo can tear fragile hair up so invest in good stuff, and it will show! Smile I apologize for the hectic style of this post...in a rush and doing 20m things at once.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 28 2008, 10:59 PM

Pearl-
That was excellent information.
Does the 'Semi Di Lino Cristalli' line of products make your hair greasy? I've tried a lot of hair products to make your hair shiny and it always ends up weighing it down and giving it a greasy look.

Youngster83
(Login Youngster83)
March 29 2008, 12:18 AM

Thanks for all the info! Right now, I don't really use any specific hair products. I live with my parents and I'm not the one who does the shopping for all that stuff, so whatever's in the shower is what I use.

For my skin, I use the Clearasil acne cream if I ever get a pimple, and I usually use L'Oreal moisturizer almost everyday. At night I put on Vitamin E illuminating cream from The Body Shop (this one I've been using for about two weeks or so).

Princess Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl)
March 29 2008, 8:48 AM

Dear Jackie, no, none of the Alfaparf products make my hair greasy, not at all. If I put too much of the Cristali Liquidi it will get overloaded, same as any shine or gloss product. It is easy to be heavy handed with those sometimes!

My mom used to put a few drops of lemon juice on my hair when she rinsed it when I was little, to bring out some shine. Maybe I will try it now and see how it works. It may lighten colored hair but I could use the brightening right now!

Youngster: Sometimes they have good stuff in the grocery store, products that used to be sold in salons only. Maybe Mom can find something to help you out? Smile

beachbabe18509
(Login beachbabe18509)
March 29 2008, 11:14 PM

Well I had been having some dull hair issues myself as of late, do to dying my hair waaaaaaaay to many times, I did the whole mayo approach, room tempature mayonaise(not miracle whip, not light mayo you need the nice fattening stuff) lather it into dry hair(yes this part is disgusting.....) top it off with a shower cap, or saran wrap works too, then take a warm towel(throw it in the dryer) and wrap it around your head. wait about 20 minutes then rinse your hair and shampoo, but be sure to rinse really good or your head will smell like potatoe salad. then use your regular conditioner and rinse with cool water! Helped my hair get back on track, also it helps to get a hair cut, I took about 4 inches off my hair, just clearing up all the frizzy dead ends helps to smooth out your hair

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 30 2008, 3:58 AM

Oh ohkay good, that's cool. Thanks. It's not to expensive I think I'm going to order some.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 30 2008, 6:56 AM

I remember when I was younger my mother fried off her hair from so much coloring and used the mayo method. It definitely helped her hair grow back way healthier.

Goatwoman
(Login Goatwoman)
Hair and skin
March 31 2008, 4:10 PM

I take Biotin for my hair. You can find this supplement cheap at Wal-mart. It has done wonders for my hair and it is growing quickly. If you like your hair short you may not want to take it.

For lighter/brighter skin check out the before and after photos of my mom here
http://www.beautifulskincosmetic.com/BEA..._Peel.html

I do not sell these products but I use them also. I love this peel for the face, hands, neck and chest. It has lightened/brightened my skin and taken years off. I am not sure how old you are but for those of us over 40 it is fantastic for sun damage/age spots even my freckles are lighter.

Enjoying this thread I look forward to trying the coconut milk on my hair next washing.

Joy
(Login Joy0025)
March 31 2008, 5:27 PM

Wow, what a great thread! It can be refreshing to talk about beauty issues other than our racks sometimes Smile
Kieyah- I'm interested in trying this coconut milk thing before I splash out on Alfaparf or something similar. Do you condition your hair, or just shampoo it and then put on the coconut milk?
Goatwoman- If you try it please let me know how it goes! My hair is super-fine and wavy and I have such serious issues with frizz that it often seems like it has a mind of its own, and this thread has inspired me to finally do something about it! If anyone else has anymore gems of wisdom feel free to throw 'em out there! One tip I have for getting rid of zits/spots is to dab just a little bit of Neosporin antiseptic ointment (maybe only available in US?..) on them. They'll disappear over night, no kidding. Thanks again girls for all the valuable tips!

***Joy***

Tianna_86
(Login Tianna_86)
March 31 2008, 10:52 PM

I just wanted to add that with dull hair,what you straightening with can make a big difference. I used to use a cheap straightener and my hair was always dull. I bought a CHI, and its just amazing. I also recently bought a T3 Tourmaline wet/dry iron, and this makes my hair like silk. Its not cheap, but it really is amazing. It totally transformed my hair, also you can curl your hair with it. I cant say enough good about these irons. I love the CHI, but the T3 is amazing! (best place to get them is on ebay)

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 31 2008, 10:59 PM

I've got the GHD, my hair's naturally straight so I only use it if my hairs been up in a bun all day and then I need it to look salon fresh (which is about 3x per year!) and it does make my hair look not just straight but professionally finished in about 10 mins and my hair's down to my butt! I think whatever you straighten / blowdry with too much regular heat will make your hair look bad...so will overwashing. I only wash mine once per week and because I don't overwash it doesn't get greasy, then I blowdry it maybe once every two months and hardly ever use heat. It makes such a difference, if only the rest of me was as nice as my hair!

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 31 2008, 11:01 PM

I love my CHI. I had 3 other straightners before but they were crappy next to this one. My hair can be in the biggest possible frizz ball and this will make it smooth. Also, did you ladies know about how you can make curls with the CHI? I found some videos on youtube and tried it and they actually lasted all day compared to when I use hot rollers or a curling iron Smile

Youngster83
(Login Youngster83)
March 31 2008, 11:38 PM

Thanks again for all the tips, guys! Tianna, I'm definitely gonna look into that T3 straightener. I checked out the prices on eBay, and woah they are not cheap! They may be worth it, though. I definitely agree that cheap straighteners aren't as good delivering results as good ceramics ones. I used to have one of those stupid $20 straighteners from that popular brand (I can't remember the name of it now) but it really sucked.

Right now, I own this straightener:

http://www.hair-straightener.net/rev_pro_jad__72.html

The Revlon Jade. It wasn't cheap at all. It was like $45 or something, but compared to the T3, it's pretty cheap. I wouldn't buy a straightener that expensive until I researched it thoroughly though because I don't want to buy something that is just as good as what I already own.

I wanna try that mayonnaise in the hair thing, because I've been hearing about that for ages and it's so cheap and simple to do. From there I'll see some of the other methods you guys have provided here.

Tianna_86
(Login Tianna_86)
April 1 2008, 12:05 AM

I promise you the T3 is well worth the cost. It makes your hair so healthy looking! I really swear by that iron. My hair is curly and frizzy and that iro0n just makes it look shiny and professionally done. Its worth it!!!

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
April 1 2008, 3:22 AM

Joy- just use the coconut milk like you would a deep conditioning treatment.
Here is how I do it. Wash hair first, squeeze out excess water, and add the coconut milk. I find it easiest to do this over the bath tub to catch any drips or over the sink. then cover hair with a plastic shower cap and wrap a warm towel around that. leave on as long as you can, all day works best but at least 30min. Because it is pure coconut milk with no emulsifiers you may find you need to do a light shampoo afterwards. Just delute a drop of shampoo in water and use that, especially at the roots. One can of coconut milk usually lasts me 2-3 treatments on my long hair. I keep the remaining milk in a squirt bottle in the fridge. When the milk is cold it solidifies into a nice creamy texture which actually makes it easier to apply the next time.

Goatwoman
(Login Goatwoman)
Hair
April 1 2008, 12:17 PM

Well I decided to try something else instead of the coconut milk. I took about a pea-sized amount of cocoa butter ( Palmers ) and rubbed it in my hands good then took the ends of my hair ( which are a little fried ) and rubbed the butter onto it ( my hair between my hands ). I love it. It smoothed my ends and my hair shines. Give it a try, but don't use to much!

Joy
(Login Joy0025)
April 1 2008, 12:30 PM

Thanks so much, Kieyah, for the detailed tips. I'm so trying this coconut milk thing tomorrow. I just love how natural it is too, unlike the chemical-laden crap companies shove at us constantly. Hopefully it'll give me soft shiny hair just in time for seeing my boyfriend this weekend. And Goatwoman, sounds like you found something else that works well. Good thinking Smile

Bigger boobies and gorgeous hair and perfect skin for all! Smile

***Joy***

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
April 1 2008, 5:45 PM

Hm. My favourite hair straightener was this one:
http://www.fabaocanada.com/hair_styling/...WG5318.htm
At the time, it was 180 dollars when I bought it. But after like, 2 1/2 years of use it fried or something and wouldn't even turn on anymore. It's for damaged hair and it worked really well to make my hair look silky. Much better than ceramic straighteners. I am going to buy it again when I get the money.

I know metal straighteners SUCK and no one uses them anymore hahaha, but is it true that if you use a higher quality hair straightener and more of a price quantity; it won't damage your hair as much? Or do all heat MOT. for the hair have the same effect?

Lilliane
(Login Lilliane)
April 2 2008, 5:18 AM

As far as the hair stuff goes, The Long Hair Community is the best place to go. For making hair thicker, massage monistat (yes, yeast infection cream) onto your scalp the night before you wash your hair. It'll take a few months, but your hair will show faster growth and an increase in thickness. If you're looking to make your skin lighter, it's always good to get a high SPF sunscreen. I do a once or twice monthly skin bleach too. The recipe is on the Beary Healthy website. I can't remember it off the top of my head and the site is down at the moment, so I'll try to post it later.

jackie
(Login classyfashh)
April 2 2008, 8:23 AM

Oh oh oh !!!!!
Lilly, when you do find the skin bleaching recipe, could you please post?
Thanks !!

NATASHA
(no login)
December 1 2008, 8:59 PM

To make skin fair

make a paste of

pinch of tumeric
dime size of honey
tsp. lemon juice
tsp. rose water
dash of milk "cream milk"

mix and apply to area. leave for 35 minutes and rinse.do this EVERYDAY consistently.

shiny hair, wash hair in olive oil or advocado and aloe vera.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon