Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

LET'S GO!!! MY NBE-routine and BEFORE-PICS

Following Isabelle's advice I've reduced the linseed from 10 to 2 grams per day. As a vegan I need a minimum of 2 grams for my omega-3's. But I'll try to find other vegan omega-3 foods.
I'm having a huge pot of chickpeas with a handful of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seed oil for dinner. After this: 3g arginine-powder mixed in some water. YUM.SadBig Grin

Thank you Portia and Sandra,

Unfortunately, flax is the only realistic vegan omega-3 option. You can solve the problem by taking more oats than flax. Oats decrease SHBG. I tried it with oat flakes from the supermarket breakfast cereals aisle, and I kept growing.

Thank you, Isabelle.
My problem is that I can't eat gluten... so, my vegan, gluten-free, soy-free (allergy), sugar-free (very high risk to get diabetes when I'm older) diet is quite restricted and oats (gluten) are not allowed too...
But I've found out that I need about 1 tablespoon of canola oil per day to get my omega-3's. So, that's the solution for my problem.
Fortunately I have canola oil here so I can put away the linseed and start with more oil Smile

(06-05-2012, 03:58 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  Thank you Portia and Sandra,

Unfortunately, flax is the only realistic vegan omega-3 option. You can solve the problem by taking more oats than flax. Oats decrease SHBG. I tried it with oat flakes from the supermarket breakfast cereals aisle, and I kept growing.

Isabelle,
So eating oats flakes for breakfast is good for NBE? I usually eat packaged oatmeal but wondering if I should change it to just pure oats with honey (so it's still sweet), do you think that would be a better choice? I like the packaged oatmeal because it's quite convenient.

What do you think about arctic fish liver oil for omega-3? I've been taking that for a few years now and am still taking it, do you think it'll have an inhibiting effect on my growth?

This is my first month taking PM and I'm really excited and can't wait to see some growth!

Portia,
Yea that is totally tiny lol. My waist is currently around 64cm and I want it to be around 60cm. I'm Asian as well!! Haha yes we are blessed with the Asian gene. I'm 30 but I think I saw somewhere that you have been pregnant before so I guess the age & the fact that you've been pregnant may affect the development to be different, but am still excited cuz most of our stats are still somewhat similar and we are starting around the same time. Will definitely follow your progress and hope we both have great growth!!

Hi Portia74,

Then chia seeds could be another source of omega-3s for you.

And Sandra,

I eat oat flakes with honey, but if you're used to the oatmeal, just keep taking that. Is there anything on the package about vitamin content? 100 g (4 oz.) of my flakes give me 64 % of the Recommended Dietary Allowance of vitamin B1, and 30 % for folic acid.

Oats is an androgen, so you do need an anti-androgen to balance that. There is an anti-androgen in PM, but during the first 6 months, that may not be enough. People who break out just take saw palmetto for those first 6 months.

Fish oil has a bad track record for growth. Cod liver oil has a better rep, but I haven't seen much proof yet. Be careful, and keep measuring or take pics.

Thank you, Isabelle. I'll try to find some chia seeds in my wholefood store. Smile

Yesterday I've decided to leave FG and WY out of my program and to use only the PM cream three times a day in the luteal phase now.

It's not possible for me to take it.
It's horrible.
FG can ruin your sexual life.
It smells so strong when you sweat!
And, as for me, I can't relax or get orgasms when I notice me smelling like a fenugreek tree.
NO!
SCRAM!

And a tip: It takes your body about 3-4 days to get rid of the smell. So, if you plan a hot night and are on FG stop taking it 4 days before.

(07-05-2012, 09:07 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Portia74,

Then chia seeds could be another source of omega-3s for you.

And Sandra,

I eat oat flakes with honey, but if you're used to the oatmeal, just keep taking that. Is there anything on the package about vitamin content? 100 g (4 oz.) of my flakes give me 64 % of the Recommended Dietary Allowance of vitamin B1, and 30 % for folic acid.

Oats is an androgen, so you do need an anti-androgen to balance that. There is an anti-androgen in PM, but during the first 6 months, that may not be enough. People who break out just take saw palmetto for those first 6 months.

Fish oil has a bad track record for growth. Cod liver oil has a better rep, but I haven't seen much proof yet. Be careful, and keep measuring or take pics.

"(It's not possible for me to take it.
It's horrible.
FG can ruin your sexual life.
It smells so strong when you sweat!
And, as for me, I can't relax or get orgasms when I notice me smelling like a fenugreek tree.
NO!
SCRAM!)"

Lol Tongue, we share the same dislike for the smell, quite awful I agree. And Isabelle told me as well, to use it during luteal to help with headaches. And I thank her for this information but I couldn't even get it in my mouth! So, I decided to go straight for the progesterone cream during luteal, but only if I get a headache and always use minimal dose. The fenugreek would have helped me make more of my own progesterone when I needed it, but adding the cream instead would save me the trouble, lol. But I do appreciate the beautiful Isabelle!

(09-05-2012, 07:37 PM)sgc42 Wrote:  "
Lol Tongue, we share the same dislike for the smell, quite awful I agree. And Isabelle told me as well, to use it during luteal to help with headaches. And I thank her for this information but I couldn't even get it in my mouth! So, I decided to go straight for the progesterone cream during luteal, but only if I get a headache and always use minimal dose. The fenugreek would have helped me make more of my own progesterone when I needed it, but adding the cream instead would save me the trouble, lol. But I do appreciate the beautiful Isabelle!

Ah, same here, I'm so fed up with smelling like curry!!! When I finish the pot I'm not buying it again

I won't be doing Lutheal break as I'm on the Depo injection for birth control

do you think I should still use a Progesterone cream? I have lots of prog from the injection - not that birth control has ever helped my breasts get any bigger, lol

I only intend to use it for the purpose of balancing estrogen so I don't get estrogen dominant again, hopefully. I believe I was lacking in progesterone. So with your bc, I wouldn't think you should use the pc cream. Isabelle, would this be accurate?

Correct. It's medroxyprogesterone acetate, much stronger than anything fenugreek can do.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon