Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is my PM Program ok for PCOS?

(19-02-2013, 07:35 PM)carolanlorraine Wrote:  Hmmm....I didn't know....I've read Vitex in low doses can but 900mg or more will lower Prolactin- But thanks for the input Tibetan....I'll do some more reading.Huh

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12809367

Yep, I just found this out. I thought it was the reverseRolleyes
But Abidrew had taken a decent dose like yours (I believe) and still manage to induce lactation.

Few-all good then....thank you anyhow. In just hope I can keep my pcos under control or eradicate it but still get growth.....There's a fine line to balancing all this.

(19-02-2013, 06:05 PM)carolanlorraine Wrote:  Hey Malina and All

Yeah I got my results back prolactin is way high and so is my testosterone.I'm going back in on Friday to chat with Dr. But I'm sure I have pcos.....
I did purchase DCI today and hoping that will help, aswell as drinking 3cups of spearmingt tea a day. I presume we can drink spearmint throught our cycle if we are cycling pm-right?

Also I would like to add Sp during follicular and Don Quai during luteal.....I believe this should neither effect my nbe nor my pcos.....?

Ciao for now

(04-03-2012, 06:01 PM)Malina Wrote:  
(04-03-2012, 01:21 PM)Alicia Wrote:  Hi Carol, what about adding some more anti-androgen? Isabelle posted a list of herbs and their functions here.

I was never diagnosed with PCOS, but I have adult acne and I've had hirsutism and other mild symptoms of high androgens since I was a child.
I'm trying Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Spearmint tea and Licorice root tea. I also tried hops but had a bad reaction too, not in my mood like Malina (how much were you taking, Malina? I reached 1550mg/day) but in my body: it gave me cramps.

And yeah balancing hormones is a very confusing task, Sad I'm thinking of getting a hormone test too.

Ooo, I like that link, thank you, Alicia! I ramped up to 1800 mg. I tried to do something similar to Eve M program, and it just wasn't for me. I'm still taking Fenugreek and Fennel and I don't see any adverse reactions. I think it's a little easier to control my sugar cravings, so that's something. Do either of you have those with your conditions? For me it's the main mark of my hypothyroidism. It's like a really bad habit/addiction. I usually have a lot of self-control in things. I work out daily, get up early to do it. I can control most things except for my sugar intake. It seems to have gotten easier with Fenugreek.

I may throw some borage oil into the mix. I hear WY is pretty potent and I'm scared about adding something so strong again. Oh, yeah, did I mention that hops also made me shed some hair. Not a pleasant experience overall. I felt great not even two days after I stopped taking it.

What did you think of WY? Did it make you gain weight, did you notice anything different? How much are you taking?
Hi, ok, my first use of this site, interesting reading, my issue is losing breasts in the process of getting hormones balanced just to live life well. I have found progesterone and pregnenalone have helped me so much. I used to get migraines every fortnight, now hardly at all, maybe a bit head achey from time to time, but not the screaming pain I used to get for three days in a row. As well as working out and healthy diet, its great, but the boobs have diminished alot.
Vitex gave me incredible anxiety, so had to stop that and the anxiety went. I find pregnenolone helps with that. I also have had low thyroid, but helped that along with thyroid balancing herbals and all the levels are good now. Interestingly, I started using a breast enlargement cream, and had no effect on the breasts but it gave me the effect of skydive off estrogen in a massive migraine, the worst I have had in long long time! So no more of that for me! It's very tricky stuff, we don't know how products are going to affect us ultimately.

Hi Tikanea, did you use a progesterone cream or supplement? May I know how much growth you got, and whether you have PCOS? I've read about Vitex and Maca but don't think I should start with them, unless in very low doses at the beginnging. I think a progesterone cream should help balance my hormones. TIA.

Hey everyone, so I think I actually had PCOS for awhile, although it was never really confirmed. I was once hospitalized briefly for a ruptured ovarian cyst back in 2008/2009. I was told by different nurse practitioners at Planned Parenthood (where I got my annual PAP smears for about 10 years) that I always had some small cysts and showed some signs, but never really thought much of it. Until I started taking PM and I began to have nipple hair grow that needed to be plucked once every 5 days or so, weight gain around my stomach (never happened in my 26.5 years as my stomach was always flat), bad cystic acne, mood swings, low libido, a missed period for 2.5 months, and hair loss.

I had read about PM and decided to give Ainterol a shot since it had such amazing reviews online, especially Amazon (DOH! I wish I had prowled these forums thoroughly before doing that!). I purchased some Ainterol powder that I had ordered from Amazon and at about 800-1000mg/day although I did amp up the first week gradually) for about 2-3 weeks as suggested (my period was on a 40 day cycle) and I did not get my period for almost 3 months. And when I did get it, it was so insanely light and lasted only a full day. I also began to grow a nipple hair on my left breast and the nipple hair was similar to that of my boyfriend’s nipple hair, so it was not the thin white hair that we have all over our bodies. I also began to gain weight in my stomach area which NEVER happens to me. My stomach area is ALWAYS flat and I actually had a belly. My acne also got worst during this period and it was turning cystic (again) during this time. And it was not just 1 or 2, but 3-5 on my face at any given time. Plus, I was extremely fatigued, little to no sex drive and I was feeling down. My hair began to fall out again, although I was not taking the EPO (evening primrose oil) as much. I had stopped taking ALL of the supplements I was taking, including vitamins and zinc, which I had been taking for about a year now for other reasons (just to be generally healthy and for my super weak and brittle nails). I even stopped using acne cream since I was freaking out and was worried about things entering my body.

I finally decided to just use progesterone cream to try to balance out my hormones and I did that for a month. And great news: I FINALLY HAD MY FIRST NORMAL PERIOD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! So normally, my period lasts 3 days of straight heavy and clumpy bleeding (sorry for the visuals) and then I stop for about 24 hours where NOTHING comes out. And then dark thick brown blood starts coming out but at such a slow rate that I mostly just use panty liners. During this time, my skin clears up dramatically and my breasts deflate a LOT. This time around, I had my period for a FULL 7 days where the flow was heavy at first and then tapered off gradually. I was not having clumps of blood come out during the first 2 days like I normally would (I mean the clumps would be so bad, that while showering without a tampon in, the clumps would sometimes just fall out of me and you could see them run down the shower. And sorry for being so graphic but I think that some of you girls may be able to relate and to understand this and I know that we find comfort in knowing that some people go through the same thing as we are going through). My skin did NOT clear up dramatically during my period this time but was more oily and I actually had period breakouts that were very minor and slight. My skin began to clear up a little towards the end and is getting back to normal. Moreover, my breasts did not deflate dramatically but only slightly and they were not insanely sore this time. Oh! And I did not have to pluck my nipple hair once every 5 or so days but I am doing it about once every 10 days! My stomach fat is dissapearing and my stomach is going back to its flat self. I haven’t really gained or lost weight during this time, except like 2-3 pounds but my stomach looks like I lost 10. A friend even commented if I was starving myself since my stomach looked super flat versus the prior month and I had to take a picture of me on the scale to prove it to him that I did not have an eating disorder (he wanted to make sure I was ok since he cares about me and my health).

My hair is still falling out in clumps and I am periodically chewing on some spearmint leaves, although this is such a tiny amount. I chew on it to help curb my sweet cravings, freshen my breath and to give me a motivation to floss better. I am still using progesterone cream about every day although I do forget some days and sometimes 2-3 days. I use it on my breasts (about 1/4 teaspoon although I just kind of eyeball the measurements), wrists and neck but I alternate the positions. Even if I build up a tolerance to it in my breasts, I am ok as I am just happy to have a normal period and experience ‘normal' girl things! Big Grin Oh and my period came about 30 days after my last period began…which is SO cool since it was on a 40-50 day cycle before and so light and I used to get such bad PMS with such horrible fatigue.

Progesterone cream is proving to be my solution for now until I can get insurance again and get a thorough hormone test. As of right now, the last month has been great and I am very pleased with the results. I just started Rapibust last night since that has no hormones and I am determined to get my body back to what it was before (at least) and as soon as I get insurance, to hopefully begin tackling this issue.

Best of luck girls, I will say a prayer for all of us tonight (or positive thought for those of you who are not religious or do not believe in prayer). We can and WILL get through this! ::HUGS::

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon