Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca Root?

Yes Rosance,

You can take the oils continuously, unless the flax seed oil is with lignans (not cold pressed). In that case, stay below the stalling dose (500 mg/day), and take less in the second half of your cycle.

So Isabelle,

Are you recommending Maca for someone like me (Transgendered)? Early On with NBE or waiting until I "flower" more?

Rebekah

Not immediately, Rebekah,

Make sure all the hormones are tuned right: less hair loss or acne, some fat redistribution, so you're confident that the balance between DHT and estrogens is right. Then take maca to accelerate the way things are going.

Isabelle,

Hmm, thats a tough one.. I have definitely had a 90% hair loss secession as well as fat redistribution (I notice even today that my waist looks more narrower like a hour glass shape and my hips alittle wider and of course my breasts have grown..

The acne on the other hand has worsen. I feel like a teenager all over again.. Alot on my back and one or two on my nose and face, as well as a few on my upper arms and chest area. I have always had back acne problems even before taking NBE stuff but it does feel like I have gotten more acne right now..

Any suggestions here...

Rebekah

(21-01-2012, 04:20 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  Not immediately, Rebekah,

Make sure all the hormones are tuned right: less hair loss or acne, some fat redistribution, so you're confident that the balance between DHT and estrogens is right. Then take maca to accelerate the way things are going.

Hi Rebekah,

Don't start maca before the acne is under control. Try an anti-androgen, like SP, barley grass, borage oil, or spearmint tea. Many other NBE herbs have anti-androgens in them: hops, PM, flax, and WY.

Hi Isabelle,

I am currently taking 2250 mgs of SP and 1000 mgs of Hops for the past two months and still having Acne issues...

Rebekah

(26-01-2012, 03:09 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Rebekah,

Don't start maca before the acne is under control. Try an anti-androgen, like SP, barley grass, borage oil, or spearmint tea. Many other NBE herbs have anti-androgens in them: hops, PM, flax, and WY.

Hi Rebekah,

Hops will work better as an anti-androgen between meals, but even then, 1000 mg is low. I would double it.

For SP, the dose depends on whether it's an extract, or just the powdered dried berries in a capsule. In the first case, a good dose is 600 mg, in the second case, try 3,000 mg.

Hi Isabelle,

As a biological female, I am desperately trying increase my curves. I have been taking flax, msm, and doing massage. I would love to increase my hips and fill my breast out which are very flat at the topSad (pics posted) and shapelessDodgy. Do you think that taking maca will help build more muscle in my hips and backside and my bust? I don't' really want to build too much muscle in my bust and lose the fatty breast tissue, but I am just at a lost as I am very wary of experimenting with hormone mimicking herbs.

Btw, I have no progress to report so I have not posted any new pics.

Yes DareIask?,

Maca will help build some muscle, and some fat too.

Thanks Isabelle. Do I have to be concerned with putting on unwanted pounds though? If anything, I want to lose around the waste and love handles.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon