Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

urgent inquiry for Isabelle/anyone about forgoing period

hello all you wonderful ladies,
quick question for Isabelle or anyone else who can help,

Should I just continue taking my PM pills for three months straight?
the first month, i cycled. took it for 15 days then stopped, got my period in exactly a weekish and then i started PM again on the last day of my period.

But this month, which was my second month on PM, i took it for 20 days..stopped for 5 days..then took it again for 3-4 days..and stopped. I havent seen my period yet.. I stopped on the 9th of oct and its the 26th now..

should i just forget my period and take it for the next three months
or should i actually wait till my period comes
im gettin anxious and want to start boobie growth again!

im not taking any other pills except maca, which i recently started like 5 days ago.

Hi aimingforD,

PM suppresses ovulation. When you stop, ovulation follows soon afterwards, unless your PM dose was really high.

So if you stopped on the 9th, you may have ovulated around the 11th, which means your period should have started yesterday, or it's due any day now.

Was the 9th the first or the second time that you stopped?

Continue as you are going now: The maca will contribute enough to your growth. If it gives you breakouts, try spearmint tea. If you get headaches, add a little fenugreek.

Balletbaby is tricycling, but hasn't reported back with results yet. Do you want to keep your ovulation? The answer to that question really determines how far you can go with PM.

lol, well I'm 21 and not on birth control and..i guess i need ovulation?
would anything bad happen if i skipped it for 3 months? sorry i know its a weird question.

and the 9th was the second time i stopped in the month..so i stopped on the 1st...and then started again on the 5th and carried on till the 9th

my dose was just the normal 2 per day.

Hi aimingforD,

I hope Balletbaby updates, but I don't think the three months will be the problem. Higher doses, certainly 4 capsules and above, may make it difficult to get your cycle started again.

So if I take two pills every day starting from the last day of my period, for the entire month. with perhaps a five day break in the middle, would i be okay?

i want my period to arrive eventually lol..and i dont want it to be breakuthrough bleeding!

im sorry if this is redundant, but i really wanna make sure before that it's okay.

Hi aimingforD,

The five day break in the middle is important. If you don't ovulate during that five day break, you have a second chance if you go from two capsules on day 28 to none on day 1.

Your cycle will be 28 days, and if you miss an ovulation during the five day break, it will be 28 + 2 + 14 = 34 days. I like the idea of having a second go at ovulating, but I'm still trying to figure out what this will feel like in practice. Say you stop taking PM on day 1. But no period. Suppose you ovulate on day 2, you will have a period starting on day 16. But that means two weeks without PM. You could take two capsules again from day 5 to day 15, but all that time you don't know where you are, may think you are pregnant, and feel horrible.

I don't know. Be extra careful during the breaks?

ahh im so confused!
and im getting breakouts! i never used to get pimples!!!

ive been off PM for a few weeks now.waiting for the darn period..its not anywehere in sight -_-

i think i'l jus stick to the 15 day cycle

Hi aimingforD,

Other women who were just waiting for a period for weeks shared similar feelings. Think about it as three weeks of PMT. A bit of fenugreek might help. Try an anti-androgen for the pimples. A mild one at first: spearmint tea or gum.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon