Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Skin Care Routines?

(15-11-2011, 01:45 AM)GorgeousBlonde Wrote:  I am hardly ever on here, because I am on skincaretalk.com, I learnt so much from the forum about skincare, but I still love this forum to see how people are doing with their NBE

Hey GorgeousBlonde,

How are you doing.. me too love that site..on there more then here lately too..going to do Maybe some DYIng serum.. I plan on ordering shampoo bar and some other things from this company:

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/products/

There is a soap supposely helps with hairloss and growth..the garden one and it can be used on the body.. I want to make everything simple and clemical free..if I can us 1 or 2 soaps to clean the whole body head to toe count me in. I plan on ordering there moisturizer too..I will update and let you know.. just to let you all know I have acne since 21 yrs old but much better since I do oil cleansing method but I am not keeping good with that I am inpatient so that is why I want to buy a soap plus the OCM is suppose to be done once a day or every other..I plan on buying also the dead sea soap..Oh I do a vit c serum and a b3 serum and that works pretty good..and I use burnout sunscreen which is really good too..

How come I don't see anyone trying African Black Soap!?! I used to put a whole bunch of things on my face because of my stupid oily skin with annoying adult acne and scars. I went from acne kits, to plants (aloe vera actual plant), microdermabrasions, cleansers, exfoliating products, toners, cream lightners, and nothing! I then decided to try this Black Soap and wow has it changed my face. I saw results within three days (pimples diminished greatly and I was producing less oil. As weeks passed, scars started to fade away and the amount of acne decreased dramatically as well as my oil. It wasn't enough to take care of my skin to the 100%, but I can say with confidence that it took care of 85% of my face issues. I gave a little bit to my little sister (15 years old- TEEN YEARS!!) and before I knew it, she wanted me to order her a whole block! She said it makes her skin so soft and she sees a difference with her acne. I kept telling my husband to use it due to its many uses and he noticed his face became SUPPER soft with ONE USE! For some weird reason, a lot of his black heads fell right off! I didn't believe him until I touched his nose; it was so soft and no longer rough from the blackheads. I love this soap and the African Shea Butter they offer. I just hate so much how companies make a whole bunch of fancy products that give false promises Dodgy This product is all natural and cheap. I use it two times a day and been using it for about 6 months and am not even half done with it (considering that I gave some to my sister and husband). Girls, check it out, it does wonders. The shea butter is recommended for dryness, scar reducing, and MANY OTHER USES. I only use it at night because of my oily skin though.
Big Grin 

Woohoo Rosance, I'm definitely bookmarking this! I also have adult acne and marks, and some parts of my face look like a google map. I've been tempted to try African black soap in the past but after reading your post I think I must give it a try Big Grin
Do you buy it from the site you linked? Or does any other black soap work too? I usually order my supplements from Iherb.com so I was thinking of buying this one.
Do you know if it helps with dark stains too? (Not acne marks but stains caused by plucking/waxing) I have one in my upper lip and I'm tired of always covering it with make-up Dodgy

Yes, I buy it from that site. The Heritage has awesome amount of reviews and it's cheaper too. And I believe any black soap will do (at least from a well trusted company). Check the reviews for people with results regarding acne, I'm pretty sure there should be many. BTW, I love Iherb Tongue I really do not know if it helps with stains, but if it gets rid of acne scars, I believe it should get rid of stains as well.

P.S. I might give Heritage a try once I am done with mine Wink

Just in case you do not know. When you look at the reviews, press and hold Ctrl key and then press F this will open up a "Find" box where you can type the specific word/s you are looking for and then press enter; this makes it easier to find a certain word. After typing acne, I noticed a lot of people have seen results with their acne with the use of Heritage.
Thumbs Up 

I've been browsing through the reviews and you're right, many people say it helps a lot with acne. I'll buy a bar next time I order my supplements. If the Heritage doesn't help or isn't available (everytime I look at it it's out of stock!) then I'll try the soap from the site you linked, provided they send orders overseas. I think yours have a more "traditional", handicrafted look than the Nubian Heritage Big Grin
I hope it works, because since I started the herbal BE my acne has improved a bit, but new pimples still appear. So thanks for bringing up this subject, Rosance, I'll post here if it helps to cleanse my face of acne, scars and stains. Wink

Thanks for the link, gorgeousblond. I will be doing my 3rd ipl treatment for sun damage and my laser technician has been trying to convince me to try derma rolling. I am going to look it up on that site.

I have the same issue with popping my zits. So after I pop them when I know I shouldn't, I make sure that my post zit area is healing and I put Vitamin E oil on it. Just in little area though. If it goes all over your face it'll have a negative effect

Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.

Ok I see the spammers have been busy lately Dodgy so I'll quote myself here Cool:

Quote:I used a benzoyl peroxide cream from years in the past, and I agree it works wonders on the pimples, BUT it doesn't prevent getting new ones, at least it didn't prevent them on me.
Another problem was that it left my skin super tight and dry, feeling like a cardboard, and even some bits of my skin peeled off. It also discoloured my sheets when I used it at night lol.
But it's true it's great to use on those days when you wake up with a big pimple in the middle of your face, it dries it fine, but in a case of "permanent" acne I would only recommend it to people in their teens or early twenties, when the menace of getting wrinkles is still far away lol. I find it a bit too argressive. But that's just my opinion. Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon