Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wahaika...one month after baby...can I start growing??

Hello. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and am currently weaning baby to bottle. Can I start a program now or should I wait? I've considered waiting until Spring as thats whats been suggested ofen on this board but can I do anything during the winter to "kickstart" what will happen come Spring? I'm also curious to know if women are able to grow larger than what they got while nursing. I was a small A before pregnancy and remained only a full A while breastfeeding Sad Does this mean I'm predisposed to never having more than an A cup? I'm 24 years old, weighing about 150lbs (10 of which is still baby weight that I need to lose). I've got a very petite top and tend to put weight on in my bum and thighs...definitley pearn shaped...estrogen dominant perhaps?!? Which would mean that I should be focusing more on topical herbs as opposed to internal ones? Any advice on all of this?

Thanks!

(05-11-2009, 09:37 AM)MamaC Wrote:  Hello. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and am currently weaning baby to bottle. Can I start a program now or should I wait? I've considered waiting until Spring as thats whats been suggested ofen on this board but can I do anything during the winter to "kickstart" what will happen come Spring? I'm also curious to know if women are able to grow larger than what they got while nursing. I was a small A before pregnancy and remained only a full A while breastfeeding Sad Does this mean I'm predisposed to never having more than an A cup? I'm 24 years old, weighing about 150lbs (10 of which is still baby weight that I need to lose). I've got a very petite top and tend to put weight on in my bum and thighs...definitley pearn shaped...estrogen dominant perhaps?!? Which would mean that I should be focusing more on topical herbs as opposed to internal ones? Any advice on all of this?

Thanks!

Please look here for information about kick-starting winter: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=55&page=3 (look at the last posting by Wahaika)

Hello MamaC,

Yep, lots of advice and it's all free, so take it for what it is worth.

The short answer is you can start when you have weaned your baby completely and you are far enough down the road of being dried out that you will not restart lactating due to the herbs that are galactagogues.

I have a tangent answer to "Can I start a program now or should I wait?" The answer, and this is just my opinion, is that you should wait. Babies are far better off when breastfed rather than bottle fed. I could go into the benefits of breast feeding vs. bottle feeding but the internet is already full of sites which would do just that. And as for losing baby fat, it goes with the territory of breast feeding and keeping your baby healthy. And then there is the issue of formula. Some women use soy based formulae. I have never been a fan of that. I think that it is too hard on a baby's system to put them on formula. Think about it, when breast feeding they are eating every two hours. When they have formula they sleep all night. Why is that? Could it be that the energy of digesting the formula has them so tired out that they need the sleep? - As in recovery? Again, just my opinion.

It could also be that 4 weeks is not very long - if you restarted breast feeding and supplimented with some fenugreek you could grow to a bigger breast feeding size.

As for being predisposed to an A cup. It could be. But there have been many women who went beyond their breastfeeding size. Being pear shaped is usually a drawback as the herbs tend to go for the thighs and bum because that is where the most cells are with estrogen receptors. The only way to address it is to lose the inches before starting a BE program.

Wahaika

(06-11-2009, 03:45 AM)Wahaika Wrote:  Babies are far better off when breastfed rather than bottle fed. I could go into the benefits of breast feeding vs. bottle feeding but the internet is already full of sites which would do just that. And as for losing baby fat, it goes with the territory of breast feeding and keeping your baby healthy. And then there is the issue of formula.

Expanding on this, I wanted to share something my psychology professor shared with my class last year. Apparently as the baby gets older the breast milk changes to meet her/his nutrition needs. Not something I think formula can do, but I don't know much about baby formula.

Whaika,

Thank you for the advice. To my dismay, I did end up breastfeeding my baby at 4 weeks. Long story short, I had an AWFUL doctor and when I told him I was having trouble with the production of milk in my left breast he had no advice for me or suggestions as to what to do. I did do some research online and had thought about taking fenugreek to supplement but i wanted to find out first why baby didn't seem to be getting anything from my left breat. After being frustrated by the doctors lack of answers or interests and an upset and hungry baby I just gave up and started formula. He is now two months old and has been on formula for one month. He has definitley NOT been the same baby since the changeover, constipation and upset tummies are common occurences :S anyway, i know this is not the site for this but i'm still feeling let-down by the whole situation and a little guilty!

you suggested trying to lose weight before trying NBE...is that b/c the herbs will inevitably go to my bum and thighs before going to my breasts? and if so, why would it matter if the weight was on or off if that is where the hormone's would go anyway? (i hope that made sense..) Could I try to lose the weight through regular exercise and better eating habits while attempting NBE?

does anyone have an answer about this?

thanks!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon