Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Agnus Castus/Vitex

Does Agnus Castus raise progesterone or estrogen? 

This helped my skin a lot but did nothing for my breasts.  It gave me headaches on the days leading up to ovulation, up until I ovulated.  What would be the reason for this? If estrogen peaks at ovulation, this seems like a sign of estrogen dominance, but I was on Vitex which is meant to raise progesterone and balance out the high estrogen?  However it was only on Vitex that I had headaches at this time - off the pill my skin got worse before ovulation but I didn't have headaches.  Does this mean Vitex wasn't boosting my progesterone and levelling out my estrogen as it's meant to? It seems it raised the estrogen due to the symptoms, but is this possible if it's a progesterone herb? 

I'm very confused by this! Was it just the brand I was taking? What does it mean for estrogen/progesterone dominance or levels?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Agnus Castus/Vitex - by Beth-x - 17-04-2018, 10:12 PM
RE: Agnus Castus/Vitex - by Dynseli - 25-04-2018, 09:54 PM