Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bioidentical Progesterone Results?

Hi y'all! I finally found a doctor that's not just shoving birth control pills in regards to my PCOS. They won't prescribe me metformin like I wanted (because I have low blood sugar and they're afraid it might lower it to dangerous levels) but I found alternative herbs like myo-inositol/berberine that have been shown to deliver similar results like metformin.

However, this wonderful new OBGYN prescribed me with bioidentical progesterone pills 100mg that she wants me to take every other month for the first 10 days. She said if it's agreeable with me and I finally get my period (I haven't had a period since November so we're trying to get the bioidentical progesterone to induce it to decrease the chances of endometrial cancer) then we can continue it on a daily basis at a lower dose, if it helps me out with a chronic dry throat problem I have and with my insomnia.

I'm a ciswoman but I frequent a lot of trans subreddits where they boof their pills (stick it up their ass) because it's more effective, I intend to do the same.

I was wondering if anyone else taking bioidentical progesterone pills noticed any difference with their breasts since taking it? I've heard mixed reviews with transwomen some have great results with breast growth some say it did nothing, some say you shouldn't take progesterone too early because it'll mess with breast growth (however I don't think this will be a problem as my breasts are at least late Tanner 3).

Curious about y'alls thoughts!

(19-03-2021, 11:59 PM)jaykay Wrote:  

Hi y'all! I finally found a doctor that's not just shoving birth control pills in regards to my PCOS. They won't prescribe me metformin like I wanted (because I have low blood sugar and they're afraid it might lower it to dangerous levels) but I found alternative herbs like myo-inositol/berberine that have been shown to deliver similar results like metformin.

However, this wonderful new OBGYN prescribed me with bioidentical progesterone pills 100mg that she wants me to take every other month for the first 10 days. She said if it's agreeable with me and I finally get my period (I haven't had a period since November so we're trying to get the bioidentical progesterone to induce it to decrease the chances of endometrial cancer) then we can continue it on a daily basis at a lower dose, if it helps me out with a chronic dry throat problem I have and with my insomnia.

I'm a ciswoman but I frequent a lot of trans subreddits where they boof their pills (stick it up their ass) because it's more effective, I intend to do the same.

I was wondering if anyone else taking bioidentical progesterone pills noticed any difference with their breasts since taking it? I've heard mixed reviews with transwomen some have great results with breast growth some say it did nothing, some say you shouldn't take progesterone too early because it'll mess with breast growth (however I don't think this will be a problem as my breasts are at least late Tanner 3).

I grew quite a bit when I switched from crappy synthetic progesterone(provera) to 200mg bio identical progesterone capsules twice a day, my breast got fuller and my areolas got even puffier/bigger which I like, I would be wary of trans forums as a transwoman myself I can tell you alot they go on about on sites like reddit and susans is hearsay, competitive lying and baseless information just be wary especially of the ones saying progesterone makes no difference because it does its vital for proper breast growth and proper areola development I see too many trans girls with breasts with their old pre hrt nipples still there because they dont take progesterone, in saying this the "boofing" as u say (lol never heard that word before) is honestly in my opinion baseless because the capsule wont dissolve in there it either needs to be taken orally for the capsule to be broken down and the hormones inside be absorbed or be in the form of a pellet implanted into the abdomen which dissolves constantly straight into the blood stream(which is the method I use for estrogen) hope this helps, take your hormones the way your dr says not the way a stranger on the internet says to u will be wasting your pills otherwise x

(20-03-2021, 09:01 AM)Bustyprincess Wrote:  

I grew quite a bit when I switched from crappy synthetic progesterone(provera) to 200mg bio identical progesterone capsules twice a day, my breast got fuller and my areolas got even puffier/bigger which I like, I would be wary of trans forums as a transwoman myself I can tell you alot they go on about on sites like reddit and susans is hearsay, competitive lying and baseless information just be wary especially of the ones saying progesterone makes no difference because it does its vital for proper breast growth and proper areola development I see too many trans girls with breasts with their old pre hrt nipples still there because they dont take progesterone, in saying this the "boofing" as u say (lol never heard that word before) is honestly in my opinion baseless because the capsule wont dissolve in there it either needs to be taken orally for the capsule to be broken down and the hormones inside be absorbed or be in the form of a pellet implanted into the abdomen which dissolves constantly straight into the blood stream(which is the method I use for estrogen) hope this helps, take your hormones the way your dr says not the way a stranger on the internet says to u will be wasting your pills otherwise x

Thank you for your candid response! I was actually going to message you about this (because I remembered you mentioning you taken bioidentical hormones before) but I didn't want to bother you. I really appreciate you answering my question <3

Yeah I was wondering about that too, since it's progesterone powder whether it could actually be absorbed in the rectum (it'd be more possible with a liquidy formula). Thank you for the input, I guess if it could've been taken anally my doctor would have mentioned that haha!

(20-03-2021, 10:58 PM)jaykay Wrote:  

Thank you for your candid response! I was actually going to message you about this (because I remembered you mentioning you taken bioidentical hormones before) but I didn't want to bother you. I really appreciate you answering my question <3

Yeah I was wondering about that too, since it's progesterone powder whether it could actually be absorbed in the rectum (it'd be more possible with a liquidy formula). Thank you for the input, I guess if it could've been taken anally my doctor would have mentioned that haha!

You would never bother me its ok Im just currently going through the grieving process of a bad breakup with my ex of nearly 6 years so Im not on as much these days for obvious reasons.... Yes your doctor would undoubtedly mention that to you if it was even a thing lol always trust your dr they know best unless its a surgeon sometimes if they are money hungry they will say they can do things that are impossible just to make a quick buck

(22-03-2021, 11:47 PM)Bustyprincess Wrote:  

(20-03-2021, 10:58 PM)jaykay Wrote:  

You would never bother me its ok Im just currently going through the grieving process of a bad breakup with my ex of nearly 6 years so Im not on as much these days for obvious reasons.... Yes your doctor would undoubtedly mention that to you if it was even a thing lol always trust your dr they know best unless its a surgeon sometimes if they are money hungry they will say they can do things that are impossible just to make a quick buck

Oh gosh so sorry to hear that! I broke up with a fiance last year and I'm still pretty bummed out on it, lot of anguish over wasted time and wasted emotional expense. Hopefully you have a good support group with you to help you through this.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon