Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hyperpigmentation treatment

Not sure if anyone's interested in doing this hehe, just thought I'd share my program Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

I got burned by the oven a few months ago (stupid stupid stupid) and tried to rescue the scar. Went down a rabbit hole of how melanogenesis works and types of tyrosinase inhibitors. As of today my scars have lightened a lot, but I also found out that my tan was completely gone after a week - and this is not due to quarantine.

The skin lightening industry is so, so much more mature than NBE, so plenty of established research to look into. Here's the paper:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16029683/. Great article, simple and clear. I recommend reading this before you buy anything, so you know what will be working for you and why.

Long story short, you need 1) something that helps your skin cells turn over  2) tyrosinase inhibitors (doesn't matter which route)  3) a base or moisturizer. Here's what I chose, but you can feel free to use up whatever you have handy that's suggested in the paper:

a) aloe vera gel + vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid). I don't measure proportions meticulously, but it's around 10% ascorbic acid. A higher concentration might burn your skin. Apply to the whole body.

b) Glycolic acid 7%, apply to the whole body and wash off after a few hours. Note that this cannot be applied at the same time as aloe vera& VitC. You alternate.

c) Turmeric body lotion + Vit E. This should go with step a), not step b)

Brands and details don't really matter!

Hey, I was just talking about permanent tattooing to make your areola bigger or look bigger at least. I would like to reduce the size of one of my areolas (as it's much bigger than the other). Do you think this will work to bleach the skin on the outer half of my areola?

(31-07-2020, 11:13 AM)koyasha Wrote:  

Hey, I was just talking about permanent tattooing to make your areola bigger or look bigger at least. I would like to reduce the size of one of my areolas (as it's much bigger than the other). Do you think this will work to bleach the skin on the outer half of my areola?

It can lighten up the shade, but will not shrink anything! You can refer to Miss Ellen's thread for making the nipples smaller Smile

I am ok with my general skin tone and successfully use 8-10% hydroquinone to make my nipples and bikini area as light as possible, since I've experienced darkening from NBE herbs. I'm lighter than when I started and am trying to get to the color I was at a young age.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon