Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Accidental LACTATION??

Hi everyone,

I’m so confused and really hope to receive any advice or knowledge on this.

So due to reasons I switched programs from noogling to massaging. The first two weeks before I knew what I was doing, the massages were more exploring than anything during short sessions for about 10 minutes and very inconsistent.

Learning more from these threads and watching some videos I’m now applying a proper 30-40 minutes session including 400 chi rotations, deer massage 50 rotations and fat brushing. I am 5 days into this program and since 2 days back I massage 2 times a day (so about 1 hour / day) and more vigorously towards the end, as I learned it is helpful to be little rough.

I always make sure to massage to the point were I feel increased heat, and that itching feeling from blood rushing to the area. 

And so today I’m standing in my bathroom, head phones plugged in listening to a podcast while massaging away. I did notice a very slight swelling to the breast when I woke up, but nothing extraordinary. I’m trying out this new method (from an old thread here, unfortunately I can’t find it now) were you press the breast flat down against your palm and well, suddenly liquid SQUIRTS out of my nipple!!!

I was a stunned, If I wouldn’t have seen it in the mirror myself I wouldn’t have believed it!

It wasn’t creamy but same consistency as water but with a cloudy color. As milk mixed with water. 

I tried squeezing out some more and got a few droplets out and that was it. This was from my left breast which is smaller. I massages my right breast in the same manner but nothing came out.

I’m just so confused, I don’t have children. I know induced lactation is a thing but was under the impression that this takes A LOT of effort to achieve without the natural process of pregnancy and birth?

I know part of the pros of massaging is raising prolactin, I guess this might be part of it?

I’f it is due to raised prolactin levels, will that affect other hormones such as progesterone and estrogen?

Am I risking an imbalance here?

The only supplements I’m using at the moment is fenugreek and PC

Has this happened to anyone else?? Really any insight here would be greatly appreciated, I didn’t even think of this as possible...

Thanks in advance

(11-07-2020, 03:57 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

Hi everyone,

So due to reasons I switched programs from noogling to massaging. The first two weeks before I knew what I was doing, the massages were more exploring than anything during short sessions for about 10 minutes and very inconsistent.

Learning more from these threads and watching some videos I’m now applying a proper 30-40 minutes session including 400 chi rotations, deer massage 50 rotations and fat brushing. I am 5 days into this program and since 2 days back I massage 2 times a day (so about 1 hour / day) and more vigorously towards the end, as I learned it is helpful to be little rough.

I always make sure to massage to the point were I feel increased heat, and that itching feeling from blood rushing to the area. 

And so today I’m standing in my bathroom, head phones plugged in listening to a podcast while massaging away. I did notice a very slight swelling to the breast when I woke up, but nothing extraordinary. I’m trying out this new method (from an old thread here, unfortunately I can’t find it now) were you press the breast flat down against your palm and well, suddenly liquid SQUIRTS out of my nipple!!!

I was a stunned, If I wouldn’t have seen it in the mirror myself I wouldn’t have believed it!

It wasn’t creamy but same consistency as water but with a cloudy color. As milk mixed with water. 

I tried squeezing out some more and got a few droplets out and that was it. This was from my left breast which is smaller. I massages my right breast in the same manner but nothing came out.

I’m just so confused, I don’t have children. I know induced lactation is a thing but was under the impression that this takes A LOT of effort to achieve without the natural process of pregnancy and birth?

I know part of the pros of massaging is raising prolactin, I guess this might be part of it?

I’f it is due to raised prolactin levels, will that affect other hormones such as progesterone and estrogen?

Has this happened to anyone else?? Really any insight here would be greatly appreciated, I didn’t even think of this as possible...

Thanks in advance

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago as well! Not sure what I was doing differently exactly but one of my breast released a cloudy liquid just like you described! From what I was able to research, it seems like a (relatively) normal consequence of frequent massaging.

I really feel envious if you have been trying to lactate and are now producing breast milk!

I have been a slave to the electric breast pumps for 2 years now. I had some milky discharge at the start, but I have gone dry. 

I have got steadily bigger, so that I need a bra for support, but I am heavy but dry.

(28-09-2020, 04:38 AM)supacutiemelonpan Wrote:  

(11-07-2020, 03:57 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago as well! Not sure what I was doing differently exactly but one of my breast released a cloudy liquid just like you described! From what I was able to research, it seems like a (relatively) normal consequence of frequent massaging.

Well I’m glad I’m not alone lol! It’s a strange thing but at least we’re not lacking prolactin right? ^^ I’ve continued with the massages, I still get droplets sometimes, and still only from one breast (don’t know if I should be worried that it’s only one breast, I massage them both equally..?) but it’s the same amount and doesn’t seem to increase so I’m not bothered really. I also have grown a tiny bit since starting massages so it’s going in the right direction!

(29-09-2020, 10:42 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  I really feel envious if you have been trying to lactate and are now producing breast milk!

I have been a slave to the electric breast pumps for 2 years now. I had some milky discharge at the start, but I have gone dry. 

I have got steadily bigger, so that I need a bra for support, but I am heavy but dry.

I have never tried to lactate and just recently learned that induced lactation is a thing, but when reading on the subject it does seem to require a lot of effort? There for my confusion. As I wrote above I guess I have wild prolactin levels, I just wish my boobs looked like it too, I’m still a tiny B-cup lol. Would happily give you all my prolactin in exchange for heavy boobs! Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

(12-10-2020, 06:50 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(29-09-2020, 10:42 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  I really feel envious if you have been trying to lactate and are now producing breast milk!

I have never tried to lactate and just recently learned that induced lactation is a thing, but when reading on the subject it does seem to require a lot of effort? There for my confusion. As I wrote above I guess I have wild prolactin levels, I just wish my boobs looked like it too, I’m still a tiny B-cup lol. Would happily give you all my prolactin in exchange for heavy boobs! Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

1 capsule of vitex or 5,000 mg mucuna pruriens can reduce prolactin which may in turn raise estrogen, progesterone, and so on to help nbe.  However prolactin helps nbe too so you don’t want to reduce it too much. Vitex also raises progesterone a little, but it’s a small effect so cycling it is optional.  Be warned that mucuna pruriens *extract* is far stronger and would require far less.  Only use a moderate amount of it, as needed.  If you need to adjust amounts then note that vitex is a small effect on prolactin which is not adjustable, while MP’s effect depends heavily on dose.  Both at once might be too much unless your prolactin is really high.

Your profile seems out of date based on what you said in the first post in this thread.  If you’re waiting for your joints to improve before trying nbe herbs then you may want to go back on collagen or MSM because they’re also good for joints.  Finding frozen aloe and thawing it as you drink might help deposit the collagen too. In any case vitex or low dose MP is very mild and unlikely to cause trouble. You may want to be cautious about too many herbs because of the pcos though. Foods suggested in my sig thread can help with general health including joints, pcos and nbe.

(12-10-2020, 09:36 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

(29-09-2020, 10:42 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  I really feel envious if you have been trying to lactate and are now producing breast milk! I have been a slave to the electric breast pumps for 2 years now. I had some milky discharge at the start, but I have gone dry.  I have got steadily bigger, so that I need a bra for support, but I am heavy but dry.

1 capsule of vitex or 5,000 mg mucuna pruriens can reduce prolactin which may in turn raise estrogen, progesterone, and so on to help nbe.  However prolactin helps nbe too so you don’t want to reduce it too much. Vitex also raises progesterone a little, but it’s a small effect so cycling it is optional.  Be warned that mucuna pruriens *extract* is far stronger and would require far less.  Only use a moderate amount of it, as needed.  If you need to adjust amounts then note that vitex is a small effect on prolactin which is not adjustable, while MP’s effect depends heavily on dose.  Both at once might be too much unless your prolactin is really high. Your profile seems out of date based on what you said in the first post in this thread.  If you’re waiting for your joints to improve before trying nbe herbs then you may want to go back on collagen or MSM because they’re also good for joints.  Finding frozen aloe and thawing it as you drink might help deposit the collagen too. In any case vitex or low dose MP is very mild and unlikely to cause trouble. You may want to be cautious about too many herbs because of the pcos though. Foods suggested in my sig thread can help with general health including joints, pcos and nbe.

You are actually right I see..! Yes my arthritis is “fixed” with medication at the moment to the point that I don’t have any swollen joints and pain. Hopefully I can get off that medication but that will have to wait until the summer I think. I checked my old journals also and saw that I have PCO and not PCOS..? I’m still trying to understand the difference but I think I’m going to book an appointment with and endocrinologist to check hormones again but covid is raising in my country at the moment and my medication compromises my immune system so I want to stay away from clinics.

I have actually experimented with pueraria Mirifica during luteal I put very small doses in my tea every other or third day (50-150 mg, I open a capsule so I can’t measure how much goes in) and my breasts responded very well with swelling and tingles. I also use 1/8 tsp PC during luteal. Is it possible to just raise these to “match” prolactin levels  or do you think it’s still necessary to lower prolactin? I’m still on MSM and collagen also.

Thanks for your input!

(12-10-2020, 10:24 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(29-09-2020, 10:42 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  I really feel envious if you have been trying to lactate and are now producing breast milk! I have been a slave to the electric breast pumps for 2 years now. I had some milky discharge at the start, but I have gone dry.  I have got steadily bigger, so that I need a bra for support, but I am heavy but dry.

1 capsule of vitex or 5,000 mg mucuna pruriens can reduce prolactin which may in turn raise estrogen, progesterone, and so on to help nbe.  However prolactin helps nbe too so you don’t want to reduce it too much. Vitex also raises progesterone a little, but it’s a small effect so cycling it is optional.  Be warned that mucuna pruriens *extract* is far stronger and would require far less.  Only use a moderate amount of it, as needed.  If you need to adjust amounts then note that vitex is a small effect on prolactin which is not adjustable, while MP’s effect depends heavily on dose.  Both at once might be too much unless your prolactin is really high. Your profile seems out of date based on what you said in the first post in this thread.  If you’re waiting for your joints to improve before trying nbe herbs then you may want to go back on collagen or MSM because they’re also good for joints.  Finding frozen aloe and thawing it as you drink might help deposit the collagen too. In any case vitex or low dose MP is very mild and unlikely to cause trouble. You may want to be cautious about too many herbs because of the pcos though. Foods suggested in my sig thread can help with general health including joints, pcos and nbe.

You are actually right I see..! Yes my arthritis is “fixed” with medication at the moment to the point that I don’t have any swollen joints and pain. Hopefully I can get off that medication but that will have to wait until the summer I think. I checked my old journals also and saw that I have PCO and not PCOS..? I’m still trying to understand the difference but I think I’m going to book an appointment with and endocrinologist to check hormones again but covid is raising in my country at the moment and my medication compromises my immune system so I want to stay away from clinics.

I have actually experimented with pueraria Mirifica during luteal I put very small doses in my tea every other or third day (50-150 mg, I open a capsule so I can’t measure how much goes in) and my breasts responded very well with swelling and tingles. I also use 1/8 tsp PC during luteal. Is it possible to just raise these to “match” prolactin levels  or do you think it’s still necessary to lower prolactin? I’m still on MSM and collagen also.

Thanks for your input!

Ah I thought PCO was a typo.  Hadn’t heard of it before but Google says it’s not a disease and you don’t need to worry about hormonal trouble from it.  Herbs may be ok then.  If you have low estrogen then a little PM may even be good for the joints.  Yes you can leave prolactin alone if it’s not exceedingly high and raise E and P instead.  Especially since you responded well before.  Enough P can also stop lactation, not that it’s a serious problem.  You don’t actually have to cycle such low amounts if you don’t want to.  Too much more would need cycling.  You may also cycle low amounts with high amounts.  Though too much can sometimes lead to hormonal trouble.  Since you want to look after health right now I’d stick to a low amount just in case. More isn’t necessarily bad but I don’t know, and a small amount of PM will probably have health benefits if your E is low.  I doubt fenugreek would hurt and you can soak 1-6 tsp whole seeds in water for 4+ hours and snack on them if you want to get more of that.  Beyond that see foods in my sig to try to look after your health before doing too much more.   If your E and P is especially low from high prolactin, a moderate amount might be good for health too.

(13-10-2020, 02:23 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

Thanks for your input!

Ah I thought PCO was a typo.  Hadn’t heard of it before but Google says it’s not a disease and you don’t need to worry about hormonal trouble from it.  Herbs may be ok then.  If you have low estrogen then a little PM may even be good for the joints.  Yes you can leave prolactin alone if it’s not exceedingly high and raise E and P instead.  Especially since you responded well before.  Enough P can also stop lactation, not that it’s a serious problem.  You don’t actually have to cycle such low amounts if you don’t want to.  Too much more would need cycling.  You may also cycle low amounts with high amounts.  Though too much can sometimes lead to hormonal trouble.  Since you want to look after health right now I’d stick to a low amount just in case. More isn’t necessarily bad but I don’t know, and a small amount of PM will probably have health benefits if your E is low.  I doubt fenugreek would hurt and you can soak 1-6 tsp whole seeds in water for 4+ hours and snack on them if you want to get more of that.  Beyond that see foods in my sig to try to look after your health before doing too much more.   If your E and P is especially low from high prolactin, a moderate amount might be good for health too.

Thanks, maybe I could use PM during follicular as well then as long as I balance with PC too? I was diagnosed with PCO many years ago when I almost never had periods and back then my tests showed cysts on ovaries and high androgen levels. Was prescribed BCP called Diane which is an androgen blocker often used for PCOS girls and was told to see a gynecologist when I planned to get pregnant. I was very skinny with an unhealthy BMI back then, it seems in my case gaining healthy weight and maybe age (I’m 28) balanced out my hormones. I have very long cycles (32-46 days) but that’s the only thing “off”. I have a typical pear shaped body which makes me suspect I’m estro dominant so it will be interesting to see what my labs say...

When I tried out fenugreek for a short time it actually made me break out so I stopped. I have a lot left tho so I’ll be happy to try it again since it’s suppose to increase hormone sensitivity if understood correctly.

(13-10-2020, 10:09 AM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(13-10-2020, 02:23 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

I have never tried to lactate and just recently learned that induced lactation is a thing, but when reading on the subject it does seem to require a lot of effort? There for my confusion. As I wrote above I guess I have wild prolactin levels, I just wish my boobs looked like it too, I’m still a tiny B-cup lol. Would happily give you all my prolactin in exchange for heavy boobs! :D

Thanks for your input!

Thanks, maybe I could use PM during follicular as well then as long as I balance with PC too? I was diagnosed with PCO many years ago when I almost never had periods and back then my tests showed cysts on ovaries and high androgen levels. Was prescribed BCP called Diane which is an androgen blocker often used for PCOS girls and was told to see a gynecologist when I planned to get pregnant. I was very skinny with an unhealthy BMI back then, it seems in my case gaining healthy weight and maybe age (I’m 28) balanced out my hormones. I have very long cycles (32-46 days) but that’s the only thing “off”. I have a typical pear shaped body which makes me suspect I’m estro dominant so it will be interesting to see what my labs say...

When I tried out fenugreek for a short time it actually made me break out so I stopped. I have a lot left tho so I’ll be happy to try it again since it’s suppose to increase hormone sensitivity if understood correctly.

Normally PM is follicular, starting with your period, and PC is luteal.  Yes you may do a little PC follicular together with PM, and a little PM luteal together with PC.  The pear shape might also be from high androgens rather than high E, especially since you grew from PM before.  Acne is also likely to be related.

That PCO sounds confusing.  I don’t know if you are actually close to PCOS from the description or if it’s no big deal for now.  Or you may simply have PCOS as PCO is one of the symptoms of PCOS (but PCO by itself isn’t enough to be a major problem).  You’d have to ask your doctor.

IMO for androgens try 320 mg saw palmetto *extract* and 2 cups spearmint tea with 5g spearmint leaves in each (around 4 tea bags if not using loose leaf).  If that goes well you may add a little fenugreek with less risk of acne if you like or continue to omit it.  Reishi might work in place of SPE too, though I don’t know the dose.  If it seems like too much androgen reduction with both SPE and mint, you may do one or the other.  Take 100 mg PM and 1/8 tsp PC all cycle since those two worked before.  If you want a little more PM and a little less PC follicular and vis versa luteal that’s fine too.  You can experiment with lowering or removing one or the other each cycle if you like, and/or raising PC a little.  I wouldn’t do more PM than that until after a few months on the foods.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon