Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Newbie with question: hormone testing and anovulatory cycles?

Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker who has been in and out of efforts towards NBE. I'm in the process of trying to get a good read on my hormone levels/balance. Last time I posted and read around was quite a few years ago, many things have changed and yet here I am still with no growth  Big Grin

I am now nearly 24 years old. I started my period around age 13 and had minimal to what felt like no growth in my puberty years. Currently I measure about 25" under, 28.5" over. I am petite so I'm really not asking for much here - just filling out my tiny 30B bras would make me very happy!

I began having much heavier periods with painful cramps about 3-4 years ago (after 7+ years of light, painless periods...) and my ob/gyn insisted nothing was wrong and just had me go on birth control.
I took BC for about a month 2 years ago and stopped because it made me extremely unpleasantly emotional, which was taken to the extreme as at that time I was in a very stressful new environment. They did not make me grow.

SO ON TO THE REAL QUESTION:

When I was 18 and 20, I did one of those saliva hormone tests from ZRT. Both results showed drastically low levels of estrogen & progesterone, especially for someone my age. They wrote that it indicated an anovulatory cycle, but other symptoms (or lack thereof) indicate that this isn't a chronic condition for me. But what are the odds that I take this test twice in the span of 2 years, and each time I'm on an anovulatory cycle?

Even with the extremely low level results, my Eg/P ratio was indicated as much too low, suggesting either E-dominance or P-deficiency. I tried using tiny amounts of PC during 2 non-consecutive cycles and experienced significant swelling (which disappeared after the cycle ended). Still have yet to try to do this consistently. Not sure if this confirms my need for more progesterone, and I've read some conflicting posts about whether or not progesterone actually helps with real growth.

I want to get my hormones tested again, and I'm at a point where I have enough courage to ask my doctor about it, but I'm not sure if they will be willing to look into it as I don't have glaring symptoms for hormone imbalance. I'm afraid to spend more money on another saliva test that will only show me low levels of estrogen/progesterone again without indicating what sort of imbalance I have, if any.

Does anyone have experience successfully addressing this kind of thing with their doctor? Is it reasonable for me to be suspicious of some kind of hormone imbalance, perhaps during puberty, even though I don't think I have any overt symptoms?

Would also greatly appreciate other advice/input on what would help my situation if anyone has thoughts or similar experiences. Thank you!

(12-08-2019, 06:02 AM)Carrera Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker who has been in and out of efforts towards NBE. I'm in the process of trying to get a good read on my hormone levels/balance. Last time I posted and read around was quite a few years ago, many things have changed and yet here I am still with no growth  Big Grin

I am now nearly 24 years old. I started my period around age 13 and had minimal to what felt like no growth in my puberty years. Currently I measure about 25" under, 28.5" over. I am petite so I'm really not asking for much here - just filling out my tiny 30B bras would make me very happy!

I began having much heavier periods with painful cramps about 3-4 years ago (after 7+ years of light, painless periods...) and my ob/gyn insisted nothing was wrong and just had me go on birth control.
I took BC for about a month 2 years ago and stopped because it made me extremely unpleasantly emotional, which was taken to the extreme as at that time I was in a very stressful new environment. They did not make me grow.

SO ON TO THE REAL QUESTION:

When I was 18 and 20, I did one of those saliva hormone tests from ZRT. Both results showed drastically low levels of estrogen & progesterone, especially for someone my age. They wrote that it indicated an anovulatory cycle, but other symptoms (or lack thereof) indicate that this isn't a chronic condition for me. But what are the odds that I take this test twice in the span of 2 years, and each time I'm on an anovulatory cycle?

Even with the extremely low level results, my Eg/P ratio was indicated as much too low, suggesting either E-dominance or P-deficiency. I tried using tiny amounts of PC during 2 non-consecutive cycles and experienced significant swelling (which disappeared after the cycle ended). Still have yet to try to do this consistently. Not sure if this confirms my need for more progesterone, and I've read some conflicting posts about whether or not progesterone actually helps with real growth.

I want to get my hormones tested again, and I'm at a point where I have enough courage to ask my doctor about it, but I'm not sure if they will be willing to look into it as I don't have glaring symptoms for hormone imbalance. I'm afraid to spend more money on another saliva test that will only show me low levels of estrogen/progesterone again without indicating what sort of imbalance I have, if any.

Does anyone have experience successfully addressing this kind of thing with their doctor? Is it reasonable for me to be suspicious of some kind of hormone imbalance, perhaps during puberty, even though I don't think I have any overt symptoms?

Would also greatly appreciate other advice/input on what would help my situation if anyone has thoughts or similar experiences. Thank you!

HAve a look at Fertility queen's channel on youtube. She knows quite a lot about hormone and NBE and she grew like four cup sizes.  She has an account on breast nexus as well. 

I would tell you but I know very little about hormones.

The best approach I've learned is just to be forward with them. You had a test done when you were younger, and you want to know where you are now. If they are resistant towards you, and you have good enough insurance to find another doc and pay the copay again, then just go to another doc who will take your concern seriously. You wanting to be aware of potential imbalances as a preventative measure because of a past test, is more than enough cause. They are doctors and they are there to help. If they are resistant you'd want to find another doc anyway who would help you work towards a balanced life.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon