Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spironolactone/Aldactone with PM

Is this safe to take to take Spironolactone (anti androgen) with PM? I am a 21 year old biological female taking Spironolactone for hair loss that was was related to being on Accutane for acne a few years ago... I'm also taking Diane-35 (tricycling and using active pills for 9 weeks then sugar/placebo pills for 1 week period) which is a low dose estrogen and antiandrogen birth control pill. I've read contradicting information about whether it is okay to continue taking BC whilst on PM and am really confused about whether I need to stop taking this or not. Thank you in advance. :-)

Hi Balletbaby,

So far Run.Rabbit's program in cycling PM with a combination bcp works fine. Check her program thread.

Thank you Isabelle! Have had a look at Rabbit's program and am just wondering whether I should quit tricycling my BC? Should I just take the 21 days of active pills then 7 days of placebo pills to simplify things or is it okay to continue taking the 9 weeks of active pills then 7 days of placebo pills as I have been doing? I'm having trouble working out which days of my cycle I should start taking PM when I have such a long artificial cycle... would it be okay to continuously take PM until the 64th day when I would normally get my period?

Hi balletbaby,

Please keep tricycling the BC as you do now: always let the BC take care of the timing of your cycle. It's already an achievement if you can keep PM from messing it up.

Don't take PM up to day 64. In a natural 28 day cycle, estrogen drops on day 25, but not completely to zero. So if you take 2 PM normally, drop to 1 PM 4 days before you start the inactive pills. Go to 2 PM after the inactive pills.

If you cycle PM during the 60 days, that may be more economical in PM, but it may also trigger ovulations, and mess up your training schedule.

Thank you so much Isabelle! Should I start taking PM with my period? Start with the one a day dose for the week of inactive pills then take it up to 2?

Yes, balletbaby,

That looks like a safe way to start. If you get headaches, back off PM a little.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon