Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Triggering period with PM?

I wonder if it's possible to trigger your period to come a couple days early, or even just make it come on time, by taking PM the day before your period is supposed to start?

From the way I understand the menstrual cycle and PM to work, you take PM while your natural estrogens are high (during your period), and stop when estrogen starts to fall (right before ovulation). While ovulating, you shouldn't take PM. But after ovulating, could you start taking PM again to raise estrogen and trigger your period to start?

Disregard this question. I found the answer already.

Hi, I would love to know the answer to this, can you please post what you found?

HI BelaBrasil and Meliss4u,

I would too like to know the answerWink

Sure thing!

Before your period begins your progesterone levels increase naturally. If this increase does not take place, it may extend your cycle. Taking PM (a very strong phytoestrogen) right before your period starts will mess with your progesterone levels and can actually make your period late. From what I gather, and don't quote me on this because I may be wrong, it's actually a decrease in progesterone levels that makes your period start. Your estrogen is not supposed to rise until around 5 days after your period begins (in a typical 28 day cycle), so it is not estrogen that triggers your period to start. This is why a lot of women end up having messed up cycles if they decide to take PM throughout their entire cycle rather than just the beginning.

It's best to take PM only after your period starts, because this is a sign that your natural estrogen levels will be increasing soon.

This graph of the menstrual cycle can help you decide when to take PM and other herbs. http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=67

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon