Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw palmetto and muscle growth

Hey everyone,
I have some of the symptoms of too much testosterone so I am using a blend of saw palmetto, nettle, pumpkin seed, pygeum (spell?) and EPO since my area doesn't sell anything else. I weight train and lately I have noticed that I am noticeably more muscular than I was and I am starting to be able to do things I have never been able to do before in a very short time; that is lift much heavier weights and do more reps in pushups and dips f.ex. I was just wondering if there could be a connection between using this supplement and gaining muscles (strenght). Has anyone else noticed this happening?

I have gained 2 kg (appr. 4 pounds) since I started using this and 1,5 cm on my bust but I don't see noticeable fat gain anywhere else. I can't be sure if the 2 kg are pure muscles or some fat gain as well that has spread evenly on my body but I feel like Superwoman Wink

I did some reading about saw palmetto and saw that body builders sometimes use it to gain muscles. How did I miss that when I was reading up about it Wink

Hi cousinrose, i know saw palmetto had the opposite effect on me, i took it for 6 months and i gained about 16 pounds and i had a noticable decrease in muscle mass but that could also be down to my estrogen levels increasing aswell at that time. But since i stopped i have started working out alot and have lost alot of the weight but the muscle has vanished and i seem to have cellulite which is a shame. But i put it down to saw palmetto. It sounds to me if you are gaining muscle then something you are taking has increased your T levels but im not an expert i dont know to much about what could cause this. Im glad you feel great though lol.Big Grin. Good luck. xxxxx

I used SP myself.Personally i will not use it again because I put on the weight.No cellulite from it,but I gained in my hips and thighs like crazy and I did not need any extra weight in those areas.I did gain in my tummy when on it too.Probably the extra weight and you lifting weights turned it into muscle.I say good chance of it being the cause.I have high androgens,but I think I am more balanced now because my growth has been permanent.Will deal with it if it becomes an issue again.Good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon