Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Eliminate maple/ syrupy smell of Fenugreek

Hey all,

I take fenugreek, saw palmetto, and red clover internally, I massage with fenugreek and fennel. My family and my boyfriend know I have been taking herbs for NBE. Lately, my mother, my brothers, and my boyfriend have all been smelling this syrup like smell. I'm guessing I've become immune to the smell because I hardly smell it anymore, but goodness, if everyone else around me is smelling it, it must be pretty strong. I remember others here saying fenugreek made them reeked of this maple smell, so I knew that must be what was happening to me. So now my question is: Has anyone found a way to lessen or eliminate this smell?? Maybe a certain soap or oil, or maybe even a certain herb?? I have had growth with this routine, and I am willing to stick to it, but it would just be nice to walk around with people thinking I'm Mrs. Butterworth.

~Princess Lyn

Big Grin This is a very interesting subject..... I also take fenugreek and have the same problem. I didn't know it, but my husband sure did, he told me i smelled of syrup but not to worry and that it didn't bother him. We'll knowing that i smelt of a waffle house, i was mortified... I tried to cover the smell with deodorant but decided that my health was more important and stuck to the stone. I tried perfume, but it made things smell worse... Then my husband told me something very valuable... "Wouldn't you rather smell like syrup than sweat??" that was encouraging!! He also told me it was a good way to make sure i kept taking my boobie stuff, because when he didnt smell syrup, he knew i was slacking....

Also: when we went to a wedding (all dressed up, smelling of syrup) one guy we knew leaned in to give me a hug and asked what i was wearing. I looked at him very weird and he said, "you know, your perfume... It smells like cinnamon syrup.... I really, really like it, where did you get it??" Well i was about to die, i was so embarrassed, but i explained to him it was some herbs i was taking... He asked what kind so he could smell like that.. lol

there has been many occasions, where (men especially) people have asked me what i was "wearing" so think of it as masking your stinky pits. I dunno... I quite used to it now and find some comfort.

Hope this helps!!! Smile

WOW, my boyfriend says the same thing, that he doesn't mind the smell at all, at its good that I smell of syrup rather than sweat. LOL, that is so funny. At least we have supportive guys in our lives. It's crazy you actually have people wanting to smell like syrup too. Honestly, I don't care about the smell because I know the results I'm having are more important. I just was wondering if there is a way to mask it or get rid of it so others won't have to put up with the smell.

~Princess Lyn

Thats really neat your guy says that too, it must be a guy thing, always thinking about food... lol. I love my husband. Big Grin He is very supportive, any time i need something for my program he asks me "why didn't you start on that like yesterday" lol He married me knowing i have small breasts and he didn't/doesn't mind, but he sure as hell wont mind if they grow a little. Big Grin Big Grin

Well happy growing to you!!!!

I was just curious if you have posted your program on here yet? I couldn't find it so i assume no, but i am interested to see what it is. Wink

You made me chuckle with the association of fenugreek capsules and smelling like maple syrup. They couldn't be farther on the scale from one another.

well pam.jud they arent as far apart as you'd think. this is just an example on wikipedia.com about fenugreek / maple syrup Wink

In the United States, where maple syrup is popular but expensive, fenugreek is widely used in lower-cost syrup products as a maple syrup flavoring such as Mapleine.

News

In February 2009, the International Frutarom Corporation factory in North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, was discovered to be the source of a maple syrup-like smell that had wafted throughout New York City intermittently since 2005. The odor was found to be an ester associated with fenugreek seed processing. No health risks have been found.[11]

and here is from the wall street journal
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2009/02/05/b...fenugreek/

HAHA... yeah, my boyfriend even asks to help me with massage, he's like, you should teach me exactly what you do so I can help. I thought the smell of the cream would scare him off, but guess not lol. My boyfriend says he is completely ok with my breast just as they are, he loves me just as I am. But I am becoming much more happier with them as they grow, and I know he really likes them more now too. I haven't posted my program because I didn't know if I would stick to the same thing or have to do some tweaking. I have done sooo much. I started NBE in 2006 and because of the problems I cae across I constantly changed my routine. But now I've been following the same routine for a while now. I have kept a record of what I've taken and done to keep track. I haven't taken before pictures, I guess I kind of doubted getting real results since I tried so many things, but now I wish I did. My bra size hasn't increased yet, but most of my bras are much tighter and shortly I will be a bigger size. The reason for that is, not all bras are created equal, some A cups I fit perfectly, others were a tad bit loose.

What's been working for me is:
2 Fennugreek 3 times a day
2 Saw Palmetto 3 times a day
1 Red Clover 2 times a day
& massage at night with fennel & fennugreek extract mixed into a thick body butter. Then I apply heat with a heating pad.

Is your routine on here?? I'm curious to know what you've been taken as well.

~Princess Lyn

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon