Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Eve's Program

Hi Eve,
Thanks for sharing all your NBE knowledge with all of us. I have a question - I asked Isabelle about topical Hops which is in your booby batter (I'm using it). She said Hops only works when it's digested (she showed an article that said Hops needs certain intestinal bacteria to be digested). Can you clarify why it works for enhancement. Is it because it's combined w/ the oats, soy & borage oil?
Not questioning your knowledge, just wondering what the mechanism is.
Thanks

Hi Lost. Sorry I'm not Eve, but I think I can answer your question. Hops contain 8-prenylnaringenin (8-pn) and xanthohumol. Xanthohumol is an antiandrogen and 8-pn is a very potent phytoestrogen. Hops usually contains much more xanthohumol then 8-pn. Digestion turns some of the xanthohumol into 8-pn, which means that, depending on whether or not your gut contains the right bacteria for conversion, hops should be much more estrogenic if you digest it. Hops extract is much stronger than regular powdered hops, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work topically. You should probably get the extract rather than the powder. Most herbs don't really extract all that well in oil or water, so making your own might not be the best idea in this case. Isabelle either forgot that hops contains a phytoestrogen, even when it's not digested, or she feels that the amount is not significant enough to be worthwhile. I don't really know, and I don't wanna put words in her mouth. You could try mentioning all this to her and asking her to elaborate, if you think she has another reason I hadn't thought of. She generally knows what she's talking about.

hi Eve
How did you manage the bitterness of hops tea?

Hi Moccaccino,
Thanks for your reply. I have another question: I've been on Eve's program for about a month. I've always had a very flat stomach but now (without change in weight, eating habits or exercise) my stomach is starting to "bulge" out below the belly button. Could it be from the phytoestrogens? I took PM for 4 mo previously & didn't have this problem (no growth in boobs either).
Thanks again

Eve, this may seem like a very basic question, but what was your final size? I think it was written on your picture page, but wasn't that taken down?

(25-01-2013, 05:47 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  Eve, this may seem like a very basic question, but what was your final size?

I'm a 34C.

(13-06-2012, 04:54 PM)sfita Wrote:  hi Eve
How did you manage the bitterness of hops tea?

I apologise for missing this question previously. The hops tea I took was not pure hops. From memory it was about 75% hops with the rest other herbs and I think some of the other ingredients were in there purely for taste.

Hello Eve,

I have been a long time lurker and decided to try your progamme. I purchased all the ingredients and just started today, so hopefully will see some results!

My question is re the Oat (Avena Sativa). I was wondering if you know whether Oatstraw is the same thing.
I have purchased some Avena Sativa in capsule form, but it is probably a little costly to continue buying what I've got now over the long term.
So I've just seen this, but not sure if it is right:
http://www.iherb.com/Starwest-Botanicals...1-lb/22588
I've read that 'Oatstraw refers to both the flowering milky tops and the stem of the plant combined'. Is this ok then ??? confused!

Thanks so much!

Edited to add:
Ok, I think I've answered my own question, Oatstraw is not the best thing to take.
Off to find it at a decent price somewhere!

(26-08-2013, 04:01 AM)manon Wrote:  My question is re the Oat (Avena Sativa). I was wondering if you know whether Oatstraw is the same thing.

Hi manon. No, I didn't take oatstraw. That's a different part of the plant entirely.

bump

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon