Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

"Spring is the best time for NBE"

Can we stop treating this theory like it's anything but speculation? There is no proof that there's any one good time to start a program. You can say, "Well, it looks like people had more success at this time..." but that's the same attitude that got people thinking full moons made the crime rate go up. Until it is tested and supported by evidence, there is no reason to believe it's legit.

And before you say, "Wahaika said it"...Wahaika is not an herbalist. He is not a doctor. He's just a guy who acts like an authority on NBE and has the fortune of not having to actually physically prove any of his suggestions with his own body, because he's male. I'm not calling anyone out here. I'm stating facts.

I agree with "A", and I will log in add my comment. I am one of those exceptions who started in November, and grew well. I do think the theory is worth exploring, but rather than it being the time of year, I think it has more to do with how your body/brain reacts to springtime, sunlight, etc.

Excercise, stay warm (add Kelp, L-Tyrosine, Cayenne Pepper), bundle up and go outside to get sunlight, eat healthy, and avoid the winter shutdown/hybernation mode that our bodies want to go into. I also lost 15lbs at the same time over the winter months, which is a bad time to start a diet, but it's possible.

No offense to anyone, but I think it's wrong to tell people "not to start" when they are new and hang on every word.

In addition to Kelp and L-Tyrosine, don't forget the B complex and GABA.

I would call attention to "with his own body, because he's male" and just say that this is an invalid argument, and "but that's the same attitude that got people thinking full moons made the crime rate go up. Until it is tested and supported by evidence, there is no reason to believe it's legit."

The thread was submitted as a theory and well supported with evidence, including the rise in threads of women who grew during those months in the following year.

And by the way, I agree with A too on some level. I have stated many times that this is all theory.

I don't understand why the attitude though. Too much fenugreek?

have you started in the fall/winter and seen some growth. the reason wahaika has mentioned it so many times, its because there was plenty of proof that ppl starting in spring had MORE / BETTER success than the women who started in the fall/winter.

thats the only reason he is saying it. he did a huge amount of research, and i have lots of respect for him.

A and sissy2345...Wahaika has been around here for a long time and has done alot of research on NBE, hormones, herbs. He has never claimed to an herbalist. He only makes SUGGESTIONS! And as he has said about when is the best time to start, it is a THEORY...not a scientific or herbal fact. He simply gives women suggestions based on his extensive research over the years. He gives suggestions on alot of differant things too. I have asked him several questions and after reading up on what he suggested..... what do you know, he was right on it. He makes suggestions, not guarentees....Do you know why he started the research in the first place? Hmmmm.......why not ask? Maybe this would give you a better understanding as to why he is here.

If you do not feel his theory is something to go by, then by all means don't follow it. And if you read all the threads on his theory Wink you will see that he knows that not all women fall in this theory spectrum. That some do have growth in winter months.

Wahaika has been so helpful to some many for awhile. He is not trying to give false hope....just suggestions.

Go to the old site and read some of the things he has written, you might learn something about NBE, hormones and herbs. I know i have.

If you feel he has nothing worth reading, then don't read it. But please do not put him down.

Happy growing!
laisegirlWink

I'm new to this website and the old site, but I've been doing some readings in the old site, and wahaika's threads are very informative.

There are alot of information out there, but what you do with them is your choice. No one is forcing them down your throat saying that you should believe every word of it to be true/facts.

Let's all play nice now.

Why is it when anyone gives an opinion, or disagrees with someone, it starts a fight? This wasn't an attack on Wahaika, it was actually about time that someone pointed it out though, I see the newbies come in here and think he's a god.

Laisegirl, I've been around for several years now, I've known from the old BE Board why Wahaika got involved with NBE. I've also read every thread in the old forum, long before you were around I think. I also can see how he has been helpful to some. I grew and still am growing without his help, but still have found his research informative.

I still think it's wrong to "tell", yes "tell" some not to start now. Lately I've seen newbies ask for help, and were not given suggestions, rather they were told what to do. That's all, plain and simple. I have nothing against Wahaika, or you two for that matter, but let me ask you this.....how's your program going, or anyone that hangs on to his every word??

Now......did I say that he's full of S**t? Of course not, I think that he was on to something with his theory, and I'm pretty sure I've said that many times. I'm not going to get into an arguement with anyone on this matter.

I'm suprised at the fenugreek remark, was that called for just because someone pointed out a fact that you didn't like Wahaika? By the way, I don't take fenugreek, and hormones are perfectly balanced.

--Sissy

Wow, Sissy235, no need to get so defensive.
I've known about NBE for a long time, but was thrilled to come across the forum and actually find someone who is so knowledgable and helpful, but isn't trying to sell a product! He faithfully and willingly shares all that great information and isn't exactly getting anything in return. Be thankful for someone like him who's willing to help us along and give advice and encouragment.. and isn't a scammer/spammer, but someone who knows what he's saying. I think you should perhaps have a little more respect? And so what if newbies cling to his every word. He knows what he's talking about, so they're getting great advice. And that can't possibly be a bad thing when it comes to NBE.

I swore I wouldn't get into an arguement, and I'm not. I'm not defensive either, just giving my opinion, which obviously you don't like, but you are also entitled to your opinion. There has been no attack on Wahaika, my words were written clear and without ill intent. It's not actually necessary for you to tell me who to respect.

Again, I ask why when someone has an opinion does it cause an arguement? Please respect my opinion, and let it go, and know that I respect yours, even though it's different than mine. Ok?

Butterfly, I wish you and all the others luck with your program in the springtime, ok? Seriously, you and everyone else, I mean that.

Hello Sissy2345,

No offence taken. But I do have a question on something that bothers me:

>>"I still think it's wrong to "tell", yes "tell" some not to start now. Lately I've seen newbies ask for help, and were not given suggestions, rather they were told what to do."

Tell? Can you point that out for me? If I am coming across that way then I have some work to do on how I communicate things. I am obviously coming across wrong. Thanks!

Also, the fenugreek comment was directed at "A" and was meant to be humorous. Maybe I need to include more emoticons or something.

Wahaika

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon