Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I'm confused about breaks and stalling...

Ok so I started taking herbs for 3 weeks then took a week off. Before i was taking high dosages and noticed pains and slight growing and when i took a break i had really strong pains right away so I thought that ment I was taking too much. Then I stated fresh with a lower dosage for 3 more weeks with some slight feeling of growth and they were starting to feel bigger. When I took my week off I didn't feel any pains. Does that mean I'm at the right dosage now? I thought the strong pains before ment I was over doing it, but should I feel some pains the week off or not? Should I ramp up a little? I've been reserching on here and I'm reading alot of different things about stalling so I'm hoping someone can explain it clearly for me. I'd really apreciate it! I don't want to break so often anymore because I think I'll get better results, but I'm trying to get my dosage right first. I don't want to stall...

it sounds like you are doing your body more harm then good.

when you first start herbs it is better to start on a low dose and then work your way up over the next months. not everyone has to work their way up.

as for breaks, the only time i've heard of girls taking regular breaks is while taking P.M and that was usually during their period. I personally don't reccomend breaks unless you are starting a new program and need to cleanse.

as for stalling that usually happens after you've been dpoing th eprogram for along time, when that happens usually you've grown as much as you will and then need to stop doing your program as intensly and start doing it lightly for maintanence over the following year. you must do you prgram for more than 6 months, or you probably won't see growth, unless you are lucky...also go into the archives/old site and do your research.

I hope that helped a bit.

Thank you for your response! I just wana clarify i wasn't taking extreamly high dosages and it wasn't on purpose. Before i found this site i read an article that gave an adverage dosage for each herb so i followed that. When I found this site i learned you start low and ramp up slowly untill you get growth. I also didn't know that my weight/size would make a difference in my dosages and I am small. That's why i restarted at a lower dosage and i think I have it right now! I didn't realize that breaking was only if your taking pm (which I'm not). So I'm glad I know that now. I plan to take your advice and stick with my BE program for a few months without the breaks. I actually have seen growth even with the constant breaks so I'm sure I'll get even more when I stop doing that. I have been doing a ton of reaserch and this is the only question I didn't find a straight up answer to cuz some of the imformation is contradicting... So thanks again!!!!!! I feel really good about what I'm doing now that i got that straightened out.

>>"Ok so I started taking herbs for 3 weeks then took a week off. Before i was taking high dosages and noticed pains and slight growing and when i took a break i had really strong pains right away"

Strong pains right away is an indication that you were right on target. The longer it takes to get pains after stopping, the further off one was on the side of having too much. But yes, usually the best way to determine the right dosage is to slowly ramp up to it.

Wahaika

Thanks for your response Wahaika!
So since I lowered my dosage I'm getting better results than ever before, but I have no pains on my week off... Does that mean I can keep ramping up? I think my dosage is pretty good right now but could I be doing better with more? I am content with how things are going right now, but I want to get the best results possible. I don't want to have to take breaks anymore so I'm trying to find my optimum dosage and stick to it. So, should I stick with what I'm doing now (since it is going really well)and consider ramping up a little later when this dosage isn't as effective or should i ramp up a little now? (I'm scared I'll end up takeing to much and end up stalling)
Any advice would be greatly apreciated! ; )
Thanks again!

Hi Tayleigh!
Just a question, you did your week off in the cycle days?

Hello Mawa27!
I've been taking the week of my period off and takeing the herbs for the 3 weeks in between. I'm trying to figure out if i should do that anymore though.

I have been getting good results so far with my breaks, but I'm curious what will happen if I don't. I like doing my breaks cause I get depressed during my period and the herbs don't help. I've been fighting depression a few years but I've been doing really doing the past few months. Since I havn't been depressed I think I can handle not breaking...
Also I get slightly chubbier from the herbs i think so i like working out alot on my week off haha! At least I have 2 week to make a desition. Based on what Cselestyna and Wahaika said I think I'm not gonna break this time and see what happens...

Thanks Tayleigh!
I asked because I'm on borage oil and fennel.
I'm also using jasminelle and this month I got breast tenderness one week before. I tried herbs 2years ago but didn't work, maybe because I was a big smoker and my weight was 40 kg x 160 cm... Sad
Now i'm ok, i'm 49 kg and don't smoke anymore, it's a year now Smile

Mawa27 That's great you Havn't smoked!
I've never smoked in my life but i can relate to being that light when my depression was at it's worst. I have a stable weight at almost a hundred pounds now which is heathy for my height cuz i'm short. : )
I bet I'll see good results with my Be program if i maintain this weight which shouldn't be hard.

How well does borage oil work? I tried taking some fish oil but it made my hair oily which is gross! so I'm thinking about trying a different oil... either borage or flax. I'm gonna wait to get it though cuz i still have all this fish oil left! I'm worried about not breaking during my period cuz I think the herbs make me more emotional, but maybe i'll use up the fish oil that during that week since omega 3 is suposted to help your mood. I think the other oils have omega 3 too and if they don't make me oily that'd be great!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon