Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BAD BREATH and Herbs

Is anyone finding that herbs are giving them bad breath?
I am taking Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto and Red Clover/Fennel and particularly in the night, I wake up and my mouth just reeks of these herbs.
During the day I can also taste the residue of the herbs mostly all the time, unless I'm eating.
I worry it's giving me terrible breath, and is bad for me in some way!
Does anyone know a way to get round this? And are other people finding the same thing?

Thanks!

Mouth wash? I don't know, I never get bad breath from all the herbs and vitamins I take.

I saw on a tv program (here in Japan) about how green tea actually helps to get rid of bad breath, which I actually drink a lot of... So maybe try to drink green tea and see if that helps to reduce your bad breath.

Good luck.

I do! I get bad breath, my BF notice it too. I never had it this bad before but like you say it reeks in the morning and such. I don't know if there is any way to help it? I use mouthwash and all but it doesn't help the bad breath at all because it is not coming from our mouth itself, i think it's the herbs that we intake and it is coming from deep within. I do know that before... when I stop taking the herbs, the bad breath went away. And now i'm starting NBE all over again and I know the bad breath will come back. Sad

Maybe you need to drink more water with the herbs? I think bad breath is often the result of slow digestion of whatever it is you´ve eaten, so maybe if you have more water or juice it will help to absorb the herbs faster?

(22-02-2010, 06:39 PM)Bibi Wrote:  Maybe you need to drink more water with the herbs? I think bad breath is often the result of slow digestion of whatever it is you´ve eaten, so maybe if you have more water or juice it will help to absorb the herbs faster?

No, I don't think that is it. =( I don't know what should be enough water to be taking but when I take the herbs I usually drink half of the water in a 20oz, and I do drink water throughout the whole day too.

try getting a tongue scraper. you can get them at the drugstore in the oral hygeine aisle. you use them to scrape the residue and gunk off your tingue, it's amazing actually my boyfriend and i both use them, they are wonderful to get all the extra crap off your tongue...then use mouthwash as well.

as for the bad breath, well the tongue scraper should help lots and remember to drink half your body weigth in oz of water ex 100lb =50 oz water...120lbs= 60 oz water.

hope this helps!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon