Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Take Pm 3rd-5th day of menstrual cycle - estrogen receptors more sensitive to phytoes

Question 

I've read that taking pm 3-5 days after your period starts is better because your estrogen receptors are more sensitive then.. is this true?

Hi

Its really not necessary miroestrol has a long half life....if that is correct it will not make a difference.

carla

Could you please elaborate =) I googled "miroestrol half life" and only two links came up haha.

Hi Valerie

You will not be able to google it. There were a number of papers done at the University of Ready in England in the early 1960's. They did work with miroestrol then and there,

best c

(13-02-2010, 10:34 PM)valerie Wrote:  Could you please elaborate =) I googled "miroestrol half life" and only two links came up haha.

I believe what carlaa's saying by PM's "half life" is that it empties from your system slowly - meaning, when you start taking miroestrol, it builds up in your system slowly, and when you discontinue it, it remains in your system for a period of time after you quit... i could be wrong, but I remember "half lives" from science classes meaning the time it takes for a given substance to degrade by half...

so I guess what she's getting at is that when you choose to pop the pill or not really doesn't exactly equate to when it's present in your system or not, per se... as it takes a while to build up or to empty back out...

does that help? Or, please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumptions, carlaa's statement was rather ambiguous... and I personally don't know anything about Miroestrol's half life, just going by what was stated above...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon