Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New "herb" to try? Moringa Oleifera? Anyone tried it?

I did a search for the term in this forum and came up with only a couple of old threads.

When I was trying to breastfeed my kids, I tried soooooo many galactagogues that did practically nothing for me.  (Which is why I don't see the point in trying some of them again for NBE now, like fenugreek).  The one thing I took that definitely helped a ton though was moringa oleifera powdered leaf.  Just taking a few capsules would almost immediately result in milk engorgement.

Now, lactation and breast growth are NOT the same thing.  Not really.  It is very probable that the reason that moringa is so amazing for lactation is because of the high levels of vitamins and nutrients in it, and the nutritional boost may have a lot to do with the milk boost.

But it's POSSIBLE that it could be linked, no?  Many of the same herbs that are recommended for lactation are also recommended for NBE.

I was wondering whether ingestion could help, or maybe making the powder into a massage lotion with an oil or aloe, or both?  The powder is VERY green.  You'd definitely want to do it in the shower or something.  Tongue

Curious if anyone had heard anything about moringa from other reading or other forums.

I don't know as I could not find much information on how it works for lactation.  It is however very nutritious.  I couldn't tell if the added lactation was from nutrition, hormonal effect or both.  It's a popular food, especially in formerly malnourished areas, so if it had a huge effect on NBE someone would have written about it.  There were a handful of products I suppose.

In any case it's a really good idea because good nutrition is #1 for NBE.  Fresh is more nutritious than dried, and drying destroys certain nutrients much more than others.  So you may want to grow it.  The trees are supposed to be very easy to grow and grow in a variety of conditions.  Here are some sites I found:

https://moringafarms.com/growing-moringa/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moringa_ol...ultivation

Whether fresh or dried I'd suggest ingestion for the nutrients.  Not all nutrients are absorbed through skin.As for fenugreek you might try a 50% saponin extract and try again.  But nutrition is better to start.  I'd say nutrition or nutrition + fenugreek over just fenugreek alone.  Other nutritious foods are listed near the end of my 3rd sig link.  There are also a couple nutritional mixes in the 1st link.

http://moringabustdeveloperoil.blogspot....ringa.html

Did you find this? 
It looks like a big have ONLY this particular seller. But hey if they are on target then why wouldn’t you try topically it certainly wouldn’t hurt. You reminded me to start taking moringa  again as it’s the miracle tree as they say and I’ve been meaning to but I forget. 
Perhaps it would work by supplying superfood nutrition If you were lacking and being in a powder form “maybe” more absorbable.
The fact it boosts lactating maybe a prolactin boost Which might only be temporary but man the goodness it provides would be worth taking it anyway, I’m pleased you brought this up  Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon