Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cold breasts while/after pumping

Anyone else get cold breasts after pumping? Is it normal or could it be due to poor circulation?

As Tinydear mentioned, our breasts get "purple-y, cold, covered in oil, deflated" (had to copy and paste your quote tinydear because you described our situation perfectly!). If there's anyone else who experienced or is experiencing something similar, please let us know.

hi bettie. i'm thinking that  ...oh, btw, that happens to me when i've had them on too long ..so, i'm thinking that under pressure there's reduced circulation, less oxygenation thus the bluish color ..kinda like veinous blood as opposed to arterial. i try not to keep them on longer than 45minutes without just a bit of massage to get some fresh blood. i kinda like the idea of getting something into my bloodstream when starting a session ..you know, something good with healthy carbs, protein ..fresh enzymes from something fresh like fruit or veggies ..why? hhmmm, just a feeling. it reminds me of an article, this dr at the mayo clinic was running tests with curcumin and seeing how it was interrupting inflamatory pathways ..so, when they tested blood levels they couldn't find it until they finally realized that it made its way into tissue almost immediately and no longer in serum ..anyway, whatever, i'm a feeling type of girl ..just thinking at they time of pumping would be a good time to get good blood resources ..fenugreek, red clover, fats, protein, gelatin, gaba, nutritional yeast, etc. to feed breast tissue. then again, with all the information, i really just try to keep things simple cuz the more i know, the more think i don't know. btw, i've been remembering some things about that episode when my breasts swelled so, so much ..i'd been playing around quite a bit ..bo, sheep placenta, a bit of that otc igf under the tongue spray, i think it was a 'now' product ..also, taking small amounts of dhea and pregnenalone under my tongue  ...i was going through a stupid period  ..but, something caused my breasts to freak out ..fwiw.

It has happened to me sometimes and all I have done is put heat around my breasts for five minutes and then stop pumping . I "understood" it as a bad sign , so just in case I always stop when it occurs .

Me too!
It seems that when I do long pumping sessions ie more than one hour, They get cold.
Less than that is no problem.
I like the longer sessions, and I find that releasing the pressure, to where the cups are just stuck on, for a few minutes, then going back up to pressure helps.
Bobbi

My problem is that they go cold and purple-y only after 7 minutes of pumping (within just a minute, really), and I'm honestly not using that much pressure! Any less pressure, I'm pretty sure I'm just wasting time with pumping. Sad

I'm gonna have to get a heating pad or something, and maybe try going on something for circulation. I've even set aside pumping after my 1 hour cardio sessions and that doesn't work either.

Thank you everyone for your replies <3

I just realized something: my breasts are pretty cold in general. Whether I'm pumping or not, they're cold. I only realized that now! Tinydear, are your breasts also rather cold (when you're not pumping)? I think we really need to boost our circulation. Let's try massaging more before pumping.

Solome, yes you have to follow your gut instincts! I remember someone once told me I should have a milkshake or something before my pumping session and I thought "Whaat? Should I have a burger too? Will a Happy Meal go to my breasts?"  Tongue But like u said, certain things do get into the bloodstream very quickly. I do drink lots of water and sometimes take my hops before pumping. Thank u for mentioning fenugreek, I forgot it improves circulation! Miss Ellen suggested drinking salt water before pumping. I still need to try that!

Bobbi, at least you can do an hour without your boobs getting cold! In my case, whether I pump and release, pump and hold, they're still pretty cold. 

Sweetorange, you really think cold breasts is a bad sign? I wouldn't be surprised if many other people's breasts are cold without them realizing it.....will try a heating pad or how about blow drying breasts? Smile

(27-07-2017, 08:23 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your replies <3

I just realized something: my breasts are pretty cold in general. Whether I'm pumping or not, they're cold. I only realized that now! Tinydear, are your breasts also rather cold (when you're not pumping)? I think we really need to boost our circulation. Let's try massaging more before pumping.

Actually mine are always quite warm normally! 

I think I do need to have longer massage sessions before pumping. It's just tough because I only have small windows during the day to pump during and I don't want to waste most of it massaging! Since I already get plenty of that in.

My husband's been on a week long vacation & I only pumped once during it lol. I'll try new techniques for circulation on Monday.

(30-07-2017, 12:40 AM)tinydear Wrote:  

I think I do need to have longer massage sessions before pumping. It's just tough because I only have small windows during the day to pump during and I don't want to waste most of it massaging! Since I already get plenty of that in.

My husband's been on a week long vacation & I only pumped once during it lol. I'll try new techniques for circulation on Monday.

Huh  I've been reading thread & from what I'm getting is that I'm strange because unless it winter & I'm out without my coat my breast never get cold to the touch ; & when pumping & after they are warmer than normal for a short time . That must mean i'm stranger than I thought , I just thought everybody's breast done like mine from the pumping . Huh

(31-07-2017, 01:33 PM)Mindy Wrote:  
(30-07-2017, 12:40 AM)tinydear Wrote:  

Huh  I've been reading thread & from what I'm getting is that I'm strange because unless it winter & I'm out without my coat my breast never get cold to the touch ; & when pumping & after they are warmer than normal for a short time . That must mean i'm stranger than I thought , I just thought everybody's breast done like mine from the pumping . Huh

I would assume warm is better than cold!

(26-07-2017, 06:15 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Anyone else get cold breasts after pumping? Is it normal or could it be due to poor circulation?

As Tinydear mentioned, our breasts get "purple-y, cold, covered in oil, deflated" (had to copy and paste your quote tinydear because you described our situation perfectly!). If there's anyone else who experienced or is experiencing something similar, please let us know.

Hi! I have never experienced cold breast. Maybe it happens when you have been pumping for too long.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon