Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Having trouble deciding what I should do.

Hello everybody. Smile  If anyone has any advice for this I'd greatly appreciate it.
I am estrogen dominant and high testosterone.  My doctor has me on vitex although I heard on here 500 mg would be better to take than 1000 mg. Any clarifications on this would be great.  Currently I am supposed to be taking vitex and progesterone cream at 20 mg.  I take both of those, but I also added more to my program and am now unsure whether I should or not.  I have read that it is best to stick with that for 6 months and then add to it.
I have added saw palmetto, licorice root, spearmint, fenugreek, primrose oil, red maca, gingko biloba, kelp, msm, multi vitamin, fish oil, flaxseed oil, GI fortify (for stomach problems), probiotics, iron supplement, vitamin d3, 5 htp.
Sometimes I have been doing chicken feet broth but lately have not made it and mean to make more.
My concern is that I'm adding too much too soon... mainly with the herbs like licorice root, spearmint, fenugreek, saw palmetto, and red maca. I know that a few people have grown just on vitex but not sure how long I should test this before adding anything else.  If any of you can help me decide what the best thing to do is I'd really appreciate it.

I don't think many women have grown on vitex alone. But if you want to see if that will work for you before trying anything else, you need to give it 3 months as a bare minimum.

(27-06-2017, 02:37 PM)VickyA Wrote:  I don't think many women have grown on vitex alone. But if you want to see if that will work for you before trying anything else, you need to give it 3 months as a bare minimum.

Thank you for the reply. Currently I'm taking vitex, PC (cycled), primrose oil, flaxseed oil, fish oil, opti MSM, multi vitamin, ginkgo biloba, iron (for anemia), vitamin c, vitamin d3, 5htp, and GI Fortify.  I plan to add red reishi and maybe white peony.  I also think I want to eventually add maca and fenugreek though I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

(26-06-2017, 04:13 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Hello everybody. Smile  If anyone has any advice for this I'd greatly appreciate it.
I am estrogen dominant and high testosterone.  My doctor has me on vitex although I heard on here 500 mg would be better to take than 1000 mg. Any clarifications on this would be great.  Currently I am supposed to be taking vitex and progesterone cream at 20 mg.  I take both of those, but I also added more to my program and am now unsure whether I should or not.  I have read that it is best to stick with that for 6 months and then add to it.
I have added saw palmetto, licorice root, spearmint, fenugreek, primrose oil, red maca, gingko biloba, kelp, msm, multi vitamin, fish oil, flaxseed oil, GI fortify (for stomach problems), probiotics, iron supplement, vitamin d3, 5 htp.
Sometimes I have been doing chicken feet broth but lately have not made it and mean to make more.
My concern is that I'm adding too much too soon... mainly with the herbs like licorice root, spearmint, fenugreek, saw palmetto, and red maca. I know that a few people have grown just on vitex but not sure how long I should test this before adding anything else.  If any of you can help me decide what the best thing to do is I'd really appreciate it.

I can't speak to all of those supps, but I would definitely wait 6 months as advised for the vitex and pc.  I am not estrogen dominant but have high androgens and mid-high testosterone and I love maca.  I will never stop taking it; I get mine from themacateam; they have red, yellow, and black in raw and gelatinized.  I also take liquid extracts of spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to lower Andros and Test.  When I run out, my body definitely lets me know.  I also take fenugreek, msm, and vitamin c.

Licorice root has always concerned me because it is not a long-term herb.  From what I have read in both the herbal and medical community, it can cause blood pressure and kidney problems.  I would definitely reach out to your doctor or pm one of the more experienced nbe veterans on here about using licorice

(04-07-2017, 08:23 PM)Ruby M. Wrote:  
(26-06-2017, 04:13 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Hello everybody. Smile  If anyone has any advice for this I'd greatly appreciate it.

I can't speak to all of those supps, but I would definitely wait 6 months as advised for the vitex and pc.  I am not estrogen dominant but have high androgens and mid-high testosterone and I love maca.  I will never stop taking it; I get mine from themacateam; they have red, yellow, and black in raw and gelatinized.  I also take liquid extracts of spearmint, reishi, and white peony root to lower Andros and Test.  When I run out, my body definitely lets me know.  I also take fenugreek, msm, and vitamin c.

Licorice root has always concerned me because it is not a long-term herb.  From what I have read in both the herbal and medical community, it can cause blood pressure and kidney problems.  I would definitely reach out to your doctor or pm one of the more experienced nbe veterans on here about using licorice

When I first started I used non herbal methods for about 6 months.  I included massage, binural meditation and hypnosis on you tube, cupping, snakebite kits, vacuum pumping and fat brushing.  I kept doing these methods with herbs.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon