Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why do breasts shrink during period?

Month of April was good for me- shapes of my boobs began to change and that change remained even on the days i didnt noogle. 

Started periods and breasts became deflated. Even after ive stopped they gone back to being really small. Why?

(23-05-2017, 09:32 PM)Fruitcake Wrote:  Month of April was good for me- shapes of my boobs began to change and that change remained even on the days i didnt noogle. 

Started periods and breasts became deflated. Even after ive stopped they gone back to being really small. Why?
I have the same problem they deflate and it deflates my motivation ....but mine reinflate in about 4-5days to preperiod size. Ive know others experince this too and am guessing its a hormone.. i found this  ''Fluid retention is caused by either too much oestrogen or too little progesterone''  but mine dont get bigger before period and then deflate they just deflate and reinflate. Love if anyone could chime in on this?

My ND suggests its due to excess estrogen not clearing and a short luteal phase which is my problem. So essentially can be too much estrogen - in my particular situation. I read progesterone can cause it too. Theres a lot of information perhaps misinformation out there. 
Unless we could all afford extensive hormone testing its a guessing game for some. 

I found a wonderful article once by a well established hormone lady doctor and she specified what breast pain means in each part of your cycle, Ie in the beginning, or in the middle or the latter stage. She even went as far as to dissect the type of pain and where it was situated in the breasts! It was a fascinating read but for the life of me i cannot find it again!

(24-07-2017, 04:45 AM)EllaC Wrote:  My ND suggests its due to excess estrogen not clearing and a short luteal phase which is my problem. So essentially can be too much estrogen - in my particular situation. I read progesterone can cause it too. Theres a lot of information perhaps misinformation out there. 
Unless we could all afford extensive hormone testing its a guessing game for some. 

I found a wonderful article once by a well established hormone lady doctor and she specified what breast pain means in each part of your cycle, Ie in the beginning, or in the middle or the latter stage. She even went as far as to dissect the type of pain and where it was situated in the breasts! It was a fascinating read but for the life of me i cannot find it again!

There is alot of misinformation everywhere - itd be handy to know because maybe i could use it to my advantage for NBE...ive stopped taking estrogen increasers (sorry couldn't think of word) trying different angle now so it will be interesting to see if deflate reinflate stops.

Ella do you know where i could get nice easy diagram or explaination of cycles and hormones...and when we talk about cycling something do we include menstruation. I get pretty confused about this bit because i look at charts and menstruation, foll., ovulation and lut. seem to be 4 parts of whole but when others talk about cycling its generally '1st 15days n 2nd 15days' and menstruation and ovulation part of one of the two 15days. I was wondering do you need to go more indepth for nbe or just the vague 15/15 works.

(24-07-2017, 05:57 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  
(24-07-2017, 04:45 AM)EllaC Wrote:  My ND suggests its due to excess estrogen not clearing and a short luteal phase which is my problem. So essentially can be too much estrogen - in my particular situation. I read progesterone can cause it too. Theres a lot of information perhaps misinformation out there. 

There is alot of misinformation everywhere - itd be handy to know because maybe i could use it to my advantage for NBE...ive stopped taking estrogen increasers (sorry couldn't think of word) trying different angle now so it will be interesting to see if deflate reinflate stops.

Ella do you know where i could get nice easy diagram or explaination of cycles and hormones...and when we talk about cycling something do we include menstruation. I get pretty confused about this bit because i look at charts and menstruation, foll., ovulation and lut. seem to be 4 parts of whole but when others talk about cycling its generally '1st 15days n 2nd 15days' and menstruation and ovulation part of one of the two 15days. I was wondering do you need to go more indepth for nbe or just the vague 15/15 works.

Oh yeh i see where you are coming from. To me its 1st 15 then 2nd 15 (ish) and to go further to me is just downright confusing!
There is info on cycling all over these boards in great detail but finding posts is another story, trying typing "cycling" in the search box and you will find many links to go through but you'l find the answers.

(24-07-2017, 06:01 AM)EllaC Wrote:  
(24-07-2017, 05:57 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  

Oh yeh i see where you are coming from. To me its 1st 15 then 2nd 15 (ish) and to go further to me is just downright confusing!
There is info on cycling all over these boards in great detail but finding posts is another story, trying typing "cycling" in the search box and you will find many links to go through but you'l find the answers.

Thanks Ella...yeah sometimes i think too much (15/15 easier) it mite be the case again but ill check it out.

(23-05-2017, 09:32 PM)Fruitcake Wrote:  Month of April was good for me- shapes of my boobs began to change and that change remained even on the days i didnt noogle. 

You may find that your breasts feel fuller and are more sensitive when you're ovulating; and, in fact, they actually do get bigger because of water retention and additional blood flow. This is also when they're most likely to be the same size, however; one study found that breasts have the least amount of asymmetry on the first day of ovulation. During menstruation, breasts shrink again.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon