Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fatty suggestions please for a plant/egg eater

(06-05-2017, 08:44 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 07:13 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:26 PM)Pink.Chiffon6 If you want a good way to add fat to your diet (which healthy fat is very important), I recommend a high quality MCT oil. It\s an extra of coconut oil (also very good for you but the flavor can be hard to work with) that only has the most efficient burning fatty acid chains in it. A good quality one (I like Bulletproof) will have little to no coconut flavor and is easy to sdd to anything and to cook with. It also is stable at much higher temperatures than other cooking oils. Wrote:  I have a hard time gaining weight too as I have to keep gluten (read wheat) out of my diet. Before taking gluten out, maintaining a healthy weight wasn't difficult. My guess is for most people wheat is a good way to put on weight.

Hope this helps!

Im really struggling lately with this too. Wheat is hidden in everything!!!!
The Drs want me to do a celiac antibodies test but i have to consume gluten for 6 weeks THEN follow it up with a biopsy! No thanks. Id rather just avoid it.  But in the same breath is concerning not having a definitive answer cause you dont know if a little cheating will have a major impact.

I found the coconut oil amazing to put on weight BUT most are made from coconut cream out of cans..... (BPA endocrine disruptors) and then the coconut cream - most have emulsifiers in them! Big microbiome disruptor - leaky gut. How all this stuff creeps into our food is horrrifying. I need to start making my own again.

I feel fortunate that I just have Hashimoto's disease and not celiac's. Cheating here and there doesn't bother me much, but I still can't cheat enough to help put weight on using wheat.

I am with you though. It would be better to know for sure if you have celiac's, as even the 6 weeks of eating gluten would be temporary. I'm a little surprised how long you need gluten exposure to do the test though!

Ah, I wish I liked coconut more. I can't stand strong coconut flavor so coconut oil holds absolutely no appeal for me. :/  I consume a ton of MCT oil though. I also feel like the US has a very good selection of non-GMO and BPA free and healthy options when it comes to food. But at the same time, if you optimize your health, you don't have to worry about avoiding 100% of the bad stuff and can rest assured that your body can handle a certain amount. At the end of the day there is only so much we can do right? And stressing out about avoiding all of it all the time is probably worse for you than letting your body be exposed to a small amount that may be unavoidable and not stressing over it.
Hey PC I'm week 3 In the gluten eating diet pre celiac screen. Am loving it soo much. Piled on the weight too very quickly!
A lot of muscular aches and pains and also instant congestion soon as I eat it! Tummy pain wise though great. Mentally great too. Big weight off shoulders to be able to eat without fear Smile

(03-05-2017, 06:11 AM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  If i was to label myself i eat vegan but i include eggs and honey (i hate labels but best way to explain it i guess).  I am really struggling with the whole putting on weight thing i need to i want to but i eat very clean and i guess i've got to that point where i just need to indulge in naughtie stuff to get some kilos on!  Any suggestions?  
So far ive - started hemp protein smoothies with fruits, coconut milk & oil.  Constant eating (my goal is never to feel hungry - this is very hard lol).  3 meals plus snacks and of late i've started with assurance chien  naughtie stuff (potato chips, sweets and spreads).  Nuts, seeds and avocado.  I guess it just takes time? 

Am almost at that point where i think is NBE even going to work if weight is too low and common sense says no but it's not a lack of trying and i can see if i only could put on 5kg i'd actually have boobies and they want to grow because i have seen some changes.....so come on please give me some fast fat packing suggestions (hhhmm not sure if that sounds quite right lol)....

Hello!
This is my first time here and i just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
Thanks!

(03-05-2017, 07:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  You cheat a little.. so based on that and me being in the same boat...

Naturade Whey weight gain protein powder. Really works...
Nuts and avocados!
GHEE!
Lactose free GREEK yoghurt...
Pea protein shakes with peanut butter..
Cheeses non dairy... But you eat eggs.... So some organic cheese....
Starches like potatoes, sweet potatoe.... Rice .....
Quinoa -just heard it's high in fatty acids and protein source.
Moringa - google youl be amazed
Bee pollen... has every nutrient you need.
Gut health- make sure that's A ok. Malabsoprtion = weight loss
COCONUT YOGHURT - amazing. Saturated fat. Be mindful.

Theres some really good meal replacement protein powders by "garden of life"...  And they are full of pure ingredients.. Can always have one with a meal....

Essential fatty acids like hemp, borage, seabuckthorne - always remember there is a formula of omega 3:6 and if you supplement you want to keep that in balance.

FWIW... i am slim and fast metabolizer and the BEST results i had with NBE was when i ate good fatty foods and i gained some weight. So much so the guys at work were asking if id had an enlargement. So i cant reccomended gaining healthy weight enough.  But always remember balance and moderation. Everything in moderation Smile
Thanks for this ! I recently bought naturade weight gain. But, it has soy protein isolate! also it is not a non- GMO! ai dot know if it harm me

(17-10-2018, 05:13 PM)NShifa Wrote:  
(03-05-2017, 07:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  You cheat a little.. so based on that and me being in the same boat...

Naturade Whey weight gain protein powder. Really works...
Nuts and avocados!
GHEE!
Lactose free GREEK yoghurt...
Pea protein shakes with peanut butter..
Cheeses non dairy... But you eat eggs.... So some organic cheese....
Starches like potatoes, sweet potatoe.... Rice .....
Quinoa -just heard it's high in fatty acids and protein source.
Moringa - google youl be amazed
Bee pollen... has every nutrient you need.
Gut health- make sure that's A ok. Malabsoprtion = weight loss
COCONUT YOGHURT - amazing. Saturated fat. Be mindful.

Theres some really good meal replacement protein powders by "garden of life"...  And they are full of pure ingredients.. Can always have one with a meal....

Essential fatty acids like hemp, borage, seabuckthorne - always remember there is a formula of omega 3:6 and if you supplement you want to keep that in balance.

FWIW... i am slim and fast metabolizer and the BEST results i had with NBE was when i ate good fatty foods and i gained some weight. So much so the guys at work were asking if id had an enlargement. So i cant reccomended gaining healthy weight enough.  But always remember balance and moderation. Everything in moderation Smile
Thanks for this ! I recently bought naturade weight gain. But, it has soy protein isolate! also it is not a non- GMO! ai dot know if it harm me

Hi you’d be hard pressed to find many products at all without soy in some form as an emulsifier. I wouldn’t worry about that too much, even most foods with “healthy or health” on the title all have soy in them and they’l all be gmo too. Can’t avoid it sadly unless you avoid all processed food .

Update on this thread.

My weight has seemed to stabilize. Previously 48-49kg to 53-54kg not a huge increase but on slim frame makes big difference.

Reminder my diet style:
Plants, Eggs, Honey. Gluten free and dairy free. 

I tried whey powders (yes dairy), stomach didnt agree. Tried Egg protein not very nice tasting or texture. Went away from drinking calories costly and not really easy when on the go. Plus i dont think protein intake was my problem. I think high metabolism and lack of eating enough calories (food) during day. 

Things i changed (some of these will be or should be in several categories)

- nutrient dense food; nuts/seeds, avocados, eggs
- increase in legumes eg. Chickpeas, blackbeans, lentils 
- low/medium carbs; i tried no carbs no good because i need substances or i burn through food too quick and need to eat alot to feel satisfied thus lose weight
- breakfast everyday at same time; gf muesli, grinded nut mix, almond milk, honey, cinnamon (used to skip brekky)
- increase dried fruit intake; just a handful a day (prunes, sultanas, apples, apricots etc)
- oil intake; 2 tbspn coconut oil, 2 tbspn inchi oil, extra olive oil in cooking. 
- herbs, ive started growing herbs so my intake has increased as well. 
- naughty stuff; whole egg mayonnaise on whatever i can 
- many of my supps ive switch to whole source eg. Moringa has replaced my multivitamin, this along with other replacements above i should be covering alot of vitamin mineral needs. 

I adhere to the method now of how can i get my meal to be even healthier? Can i add nuts, seeds or legumes. Can i add oil? Or egg? Can i add fresh made guacamole to a dish? Or hummus to gf sandwich/biscuits (crackers). 

Other considerations 
- I still have the occasional sweet or dark chocolate (dairy free)
- i dont drink alcohol, soft drink, coffee, juice or black tea.
- i do drink herbal teas and water
- no dairy or gluten 
- high egg consumption (compared to others) 7-12 per week
- carbs are non-gluten source (no wheat or barely) eg sticky rice, gf flour mix, occasionally white rice
- i buy as much organic produce and stables i can, mainly to avoid pesticides however if something is not available ill buy conventional produce/stables.
- i eat very low processed foods; the few i do are gf bread, hummus, savoury bics (i look at ingredients to make sure they have low or no chemicals (numbers).

Hope this helps some others! 

If i had to pick one thing out of my list it would be increase nuts/seed intake.

(03-05-2017, 06:11 AM)Bonny Wrote:  If i was to label myself i eat vegan but i include eggs and honey (i hate labels but best way to explain it i guess).  I am really struggling with the whole putting on weight thing i need to i want to but i eat very clean and i guess i've got to that point where i just need to indulge in naughtie stuff to get some kilos on!  Any suggestions?  
So far ive - started hemp protein smoothies with fruits, coconut milk & oil.  Constant eating (my goal is never to feel hungry - this is very hard lol).  3 meals plus snacks and of late i've started with naughtie stuff (potato chips, sweets and spreads).  Nuts, seeds and avocado.  I guess it just takes time? 

Am almost at that point where i think is NBE even going to work if weight is too low and common sense says no but it's not a lack of trying and i can see if i only could put on 5kg i'd actually have boobies and they want to grow because i have seen some changes.....so come on please give me some fast fat packing suggestions (hhhmm not sure if that sounds quite right lol)....

I dont know if you found your answer because I didnt read all the replies.

I love veggies and have a lot of self-imposed restrictions when it comes to other food items, and maybe the reason I do not put on weight easily. I am just gonna try nbe and not be bothered with putting on weight. Not sure if nbe will work for me, I will eventually find out.

*Fingers crossed*

(27-02-2019, 09:03 PM)mausmi Wrote:  
(03-05-2017, 06:11 AM)Bonny Wrote:  If i was to label myself i eat vegan but i include eggs and honey (i hate labels but best way to explain it i guess).  I am really struggling with the whole putting on weight thing i need to i want to but i eat very clean and i guess i've got to that point where i just need to indulge in naughtie stuff to get some kilos on!  Any suggestions?  
So far ive - started hemp protein smoothies with fruits, coconut milk & oil.  Constant eating (my goal is never to feel hungry - this is very hard lol).  3 meals plus snacks and of late i've started with naughtie stuff (potato chips, sweets and spreads).  Nuts, seeds and avocado.  I guess it just takes time? 

I dont know if you found your answer because I didnt read all the replies.

I love veggies and have a lot of self-imposed restrictions when it comes to other food items, and maybe the reason I do not put on weight easily. I am just gonna try nbe and not be bothered with putting on weight. Not sure if nbe will work for me, I will eventually find out.

*Fingers crossed*

Yes my solution was eat more dense foods, nuts, avocadoes, coconut oil etc. Weight stable and boobs increasing albeit slowly

(07-11-2018, 12:23 AM)Bonny Wrote:  Update on this thread.

My weight has seemed to stabilize. Previously 48-49kg to 53-54kg not a huge increase but on slim frame makes big difference.

Reminder my diet style:

I tried whey powders (yes dairy), stomach didnt agree. Tried Egg protein not very nice tasting or texture. Went away from drinking calories costly and not really easy when on the go. Plus i dont think protein intake was my problem. I think high metabolism and lack of eating enough calories (food) during day. 

- low/medium carbs; i tried no carbs no good because i need substances or i burn through food too quick and need to eat alot to feel satisfied thus lose weight
- breakfast everyday at same time; gf muesli, grinded nut mix, almond milk, honey, cinnamon (used to skip brekky)
- increase dried fruit intake; just a handful a day (prunes, sultanas, apples, apricots etc)
- oil intake; 2 tbspn coconut oil, 2 tbspn inchi oil, extra olive oil in cooking. 
- many of my supps ive switch to whole source eg. Moringa has replaced my multivitamin, this along with other replacements above i should be covering alot of vitamin mineral needs. 

I adhere to the method now of how can i get my meal to be even healthier? Can i add nuts, seeds or legumes. Can i add oil? Or egg? Can i add fresh made guacamole to a dish? Or hummus to gf sandwich/biscuits (crackers). 

Other considerations 
- no dairy or gluten 
- carbs are non-gluten source (no wheat or barely) eg sticky rice, gf flour mix, occasionally white rice
- i buy as much organic produce and stables i can, mainly to avoid pesticides however if something is not available ill buy conventional produce/stables.
- i eat very low processed foods; the few i do are gf bread, hummus, savoury bics (i look at ingredients to make sure they have low or no chemicals (numbers).

If i had to pick one thing out of my list it would be increase nuts/seed intake.

Just read. We are almost identical in weight and in our food habits except for rice. I eat black/brown rice.
I do skip breakfast :Sad but I start my day with warm ginger-tumeric water Smile

(27-02-2019, 11:32 PM)mausmi Wrote:  
(07-11-2018, 12:23 AM)Bonny Wrote:  Update on this thread.

Reminder my diet style:

Other considerations 
- no dairy or gluten 

Just read. We are almost identical in weight and in our food habits except for rice. I eat black/brown rice.
I do skip breakfast :Sad but I start my day with warm ginger-tumeric water Smile

I used to skip breakfast but now i eat my gf muesli with my blended nut/seed mix, honey, cinnamon and honey and almond milk. I figure i need the calories! 

I start my day with Acv and honey in warm water (tea), how do you make your tea fresh or premade? 

Brown rice really confuses me lol, as does wholemeal bread. Ive read that both are no good for the gut, so i stay away from them. Black rice is actually a seed (i think) ive never venture into the seed rices. I eat mainly sushi rice aka glutinous rice/sticky rice (japanese style not thai), basmati and jasmine occasionally. I figure if all the ancient cultures have been eating 'white' rice for centuries there must be a reason they go to the extra effort to deshell. 

I tell you though i feel more pressure as an plant/egg eater to make sure my family gets a good plate of nutritionally rich foods compared to when we ate meat, never gave it a thought. I guess because of the hard time 'others' outside my immediate family have with the idea of eating plants only vs meat etc, ive had my choices questioned openly in the past more times then i can count and then had to defend my position, i dont defend anymore because i dont judge others for their choices so if they are judgemental i just dont engage it. 

I love people are getting more conscious about food choices and heading back to simple ingredients rather then processed junk we've been getting for last 40 or 50years.

Just to point something out, you can gain weight even as a vegetarian. My friend has been a vegetarian for his whole life. He used to be slim. Then he started to workout and eat 5 meals a day. Now he looks stronger and bigger than all our common friends. Protein powder is the only supplement he takes. No milk, no eggs... but 100% vegetarian is not 100% healthier. He and his parents have joint and teeth problems

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon