Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help! Hormonal disorder (Probably PCOS) and would like to grow huge boobs!!!!!

(01-05-2017, 09:50 PM)Lovely-Dynseli Wrote:  I have to disagree on Saw Palmetto and Spearmint while having PCOS. I'm not too sure about Pueraria.

All of these three herbs (Saw Palmetto, Spearmint, Pueraria) raise LH, which is correlated with PCOS to start with. Pueraria balances out it's LH effects, with countering hormone effects. Either way, Pueraria is not the ideal herb to take when there is PCOS, especially in a severe case.

Ah I assumed PCOS meant too much testosterone and then you'd want to lower testosterone.  But reading some more testosterone seems to be more the result of PCOS than the cause.  So while T is too high, lowering T raises LH and makes the situation tricky.  Raising estrogen and/or prolactin typically lowers LH though.

Any good way to add estrogen for someone with PCOS and low estrogen?  It seems like an herb would be better than bcp for estogen.  So if not PM then hops.  Or a low amount of PM.  Is it the amount of estrogen that aggravates it, or PM specifically?

It sounds like messing with herbs in general is tricky.  devilluke should focus on good nutrition first, since that's always a safe bet. deviluke

(04-05-2017, 06:57 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(01-05-2017, 09:50 PM)Lovely-Dynseli Wrote:  I have to disagree on Saw Palmetto and Spearmint while having PCOS. I'm not too sure about Pueraria.

All of these three herbs (Saw Palmetto, Spearmint, Pueraria) raise LH, which is correlated with PCOS to start with. Pueraria balances out it's LH effects, with countering hormone effects. Either way, Pueraria is not the ideal herb to take when there is PCOS, especially in a severe case.

Ah I assumed PCOS meant too much testosterone and then you'd want to lower testosterone.  But reading some more testosterone seems to be more the result of PCOS than the cause.
That is correct. But, both Saw Palmetto and Spearmint raise LH. Spearmint also raises estrogen, but of how much of that is a byproduct of raising androgens as a result of raising LH is the question. While Saw Palmetto is considered an anti-androgen by lowering the most potent form of androgen, it also raises other forms of androgens, and it lowers estrogens. Saw Palmetto is better as an anti-androgen for males. (some quotes below are in the wrong order, because some answers overlap).
Quote:Is it the amount of estrogen that aggravates it, or PM specifically?
This I don't know if estrogen aggravates it or not, but I would stay on the safe side. It is difficult to tell, because estrogen synthesis is partially a byproduct of high LH and androgens. One part of the ovary synthesizes androgens, signaled by LH, and another part of the ovary converts these androgens into estrogens. High LH is a cause of PCOS. Androgens are associated with PCOS. I don't know if Estrogen would worsen, or alleviate PCOS, because of its association with the two hormones that cause or are affiliated with PCOS.

About Pueraria, it is about LH. Pueraria has conflicting properties that seem to do both of raise LH and lower LH. It may even depend on the species, or even variety as to which it does more of. It would be like one type of orange providing more vitamin C, and less of another nutrient than another type of orange, or a type of lemon. For an extreme case of PCOS, I would avoid Pueraria, because it is not worth the risk to raise LH.

Quote:So while T is too high, lowering T raises LH and makes the situation tricky.
I don't know about this, but if this is the case, my guess is its a feedback loop, of a response trying to compensate for a missing feedback.
Quote:Raising estrogen and/or prolactin typically lowers LH though.
Estrogen is a lot trickier. It hasn't been fully explained, or understood recently. It seems to have different effects, depending on a combination of other present hormones at the time. I think Estrogen's effects are like a complicated gear.
Quote:Any good way to add estrogen for someone with PCOS and low estrogen?  It seems like an herb would be better than bcp for estogen.  So if not PM then hops. Or a low amount of PM.
Hops is good for lowering LH, and it should be good against PCOS.
Quote:It sounds like messing with herbs in general is tricky.  devilluke should focus on good nutrition first, since that's always a safe bet
. .....

I have PCOS and I agree with you. I have found that some of the NBE herbs (exactly the ones you mentioned) do not help with my NBE program. I am using ONLY pro gest cream by emerita now to even out my hormones, occasionally take DIM and use estriol cream. I also drink milk and take BO occasionally. I haven't seen any results but I feel like I'm getting there!

(20-05-2017, 09:28 PM)lmnop Wrote:  

I have PCOS and I agree with you. I have found that some of the NBE herbs (exactly the ones you mentioned) do not help with my NBE program. I am using ONLY pro gest cream by emerita now to even out my hormones, occasionally take DIM and use estriol cream. I also drink milk and take BO occasionally. I haven't seen any results but I feel like I'm getting there!

Hi Imnop. Which type of PCOS do you have? Many women with PCOS tend to have high testosterone/androgens, while others are estrogen dominant. Some have both high testosterone and estrogen and many PCOS sufferers have ovarian cysts, some don't etc.

there a good review. i like you post, it's very helpful. thanks for sharing.

goldenslot

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon