Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

BO just isn't worth it.

I was researching the effects of BO because it's so popular on this forum, and I've found numerous of sites that warn against taking it as well as testimonies from women that had adverse effects to their skin, hair, body, breasts and overall health, but I stumbled on this comment from a doctor and I felt compelled to share. Now I realize that a lot of people (both men and women) have seen great results with BO, but that doesn't cancel out the risks of taking it or equates it to being healthy or good for your body. Like this doctor has stated, prions can lie dormant in your system for years and years, only to resurface and cause problems later on in life. When it comes to taking herbs for breast enhancement, of course there is always a risk, but I would suggest that anyone interested in going the herbal route do a lot of research on that particular supplement and also at the very least be aware of the risks you are taking. Also, there are more well-researched herbs on the market that don't have as many ill effects that would probably be a better option. But of course, that decision is wholly yours alone, and I hope no one takes offense to this, but I just really felt the need to share and get this info out there. Afterall, everyone on this site is trying to get big/bigger boobs but I don't think that should mean compromising your health.

One last note: I would also think twice about ingesting animal placenta too, as I've also researched and found that they also can disrupt health and cause harmful side effects. (Pig/horse/sheep/lamb placenta)

Lots of love. 

http://www.justanswer.com/homeopathy/61w...ption.html

"Taking bovine glandulars is really not a good idea in the long run. There are certainly possible side effects, especially the longer you use them. For one thing, the endocrine system in our bodies (the system that produces hormones of all kinds) works on a very delicate feedback system....when we ingest something like this supplement, we are interfering with that feedback system. It is hard to say exactly what effect this will have in the short run, or in the long run, but in general I think we've learned over the years that messing around with the endocrine system is generally not a good idea for our health. 

Another concern is that there are infectious agents called 'prions' that can possibly be carried by cow glandular products. Prions are scary for a number of reasons. They are not eliminated through any of the currently used 'purification' techniques for most supplements (like heating, filtering, etc.). In other words, you can't guarantee that they aren't in the pills. Also, they can lie dormant in our nervous systems for years, then manifest later as some kind of neurologic disease (the most famous prion-caused disease is Mad Cow, but there are others). 

So, in general, I really recommend that you not take bovine glandulars at all. Problems with fertility, libido, etc. can be taken care of through much safer means. I suggest you consider consulting with a homeopathic doctor near you (try looking at the online directory of the American Institute of Homeopathy), or one who will do a phone consultation. Fertility issues can also be addressed through acupuncture."

Wow, thank you for bringing that up. I hadn't considered anything like that, it's really interesting, I never would have thought it would be legal to be able to sell something like that.  Sad
I decided to research about it a little further. You get the highest risk of getting Mad Cow disease if you consume the brain and the spinal cord, and since bovine ovary isn't part of the central nervous system, it's very low risk to take bovine ovary pills. However a lot of people who take bovine ovary supplements also take bovine pituitary gland, which is medium risk.
And as long as the country the ovary from the cows are from has a low Mad Cow disease risk, I think it's fine. I'm definitely going to be wary about pituitary gland though. 
I'd also be interested to hear more about the risk of taking placenta supplements.  Big Grin

I know this is kind of late in responding but I have also read on Bountiful Breast I think it was to take BO for no longer than a year and a half, though they say 6-12 months is usually sufficient for women to see the results they are going for. My plan was to take BO for only a year.

If you are careful about what BO you buy (where it is sourced), the risk of getting mad cow is virtually zero. New Zealand and Argentine cattle have never had occurance of mad cow, which is why they are the most promoted sources for BO. For example, Swanson sources its BO from Argentine cattle. There are other brands that use New Zealand cattle. As long as your BO is from these two sources, it is pretty safe.

Hey Honeydew and Pink Chiffon! 

I just want to state that I don't mean to discourage anyone who has previously taken, currently taken, or is thinking about taking BO. That's not my intention. If anything, I wanted to share something that I discovered, and with anything herbal there are of course risks. I think it's very important for NBE users to research and be aware of risks, and then for them to determine whether the risks are worth it. For me, in the case of BO, the risks outweighed the possible benefits for the reasons I stated above. But once again, this was more of me sharing (which I love to do on here Big Grin ) because it's so easy to jump on board of something that seems to produce results without looking into it. 

In the case of New Zealand and Argentina not having cases of Mad Cow Disease. That's not true. If you do a google search, you will find that people have died recently from contracting Mad cow disease in that area. It's also important to remember that Mad Cow Disease is only one of many different types of diseases that you can contract from prions in cows. Also note: there are no ways to purify prions. 

Here's a case in New Zealand where a man died of CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, a variant form of Mad Cow Disease). He's one of five New Zealanders confirmed to died from it in 2012: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/7...ters-death

As far as Argentina goes, do you realize that Argentina's beef was banned in the US in 2001 and was only recently lifted in 2015 because of severe and widespread cases of contracting foot-and-mouth disease? http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/us/argenti...an-lifted/

So you see, there are risks with BO, and my only intention was to inform the forum of these risks so that they can make an informed decision going forward. Of course, everyone is free to do as they please! I would just suggest, that you go with a trusted brand, don't buy cheap BO, look into where the cows are sourced, read reviews and studies if the company has any available. Also look into how they ensure that their BO is not infected. 

I wish nothing but success for all members in their NBE journey, no matter what methods they choose! <3 Hope that you guys are growing beautifully!! 

Xoxo

Hate to say it 5 humans died from mad ccow in NZ a few years ago.
Plus you got glyphosate altering the microbiome in cattle/humans favouring pathogenic strains and causing leaky gut at growing rates.  People are only learning now what IBS and related gut issues are due to chemical intervention in cattle grains feeds fertilisers etc... 

Sadly I think there will be more cases in any country allowing heavy pesticide use cause now it's hidden too.

(21-04-2017, 12:13 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Hate to say it 5 humans died from mad ccow in NZ a few years ago.
Plus you got glyphosate altering the microbiome in cattle/humans favouring pathogenic strains and causing leaky gut at growing rates.  People are only learning now what IBS and related gut issues are due to chemical intervention in cattle grains feeds fertilisers etc... 

Sadly I think there will be more cases in any country allowing heavy pesticide use cause now it's hidden too.

Thank you for chiming in on this, Ella! You make some great points too, and I think these are all things that at the very least people should be aware of before making a decision on BO. 

Xoxo

(21-04-2017, 12:48 AM)ZaraAri Wrote:  
(21-04-2017, 12:13 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Hate to say it 5 humans died from mad ccow in NZ a few years ago.

Thank you for chiming in on this, Ella! You make some great points too, and I think these are all things that at the very least people should be aware of before making a decision on BO. 

Xoxo

Yeh makes me angry we even have to consider things like this! Man made chemicals destroying our health and the planet. Perfect case in point antibiotic resistance... imagine what they pump into the cattle we eat daily and subsequently all Dairy then they wonder why we don't respond to antibiotics anymore... cause we consuming it daily in out food *sobs* 

Sorry off track x

(21-04-2017, 01:44 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Yeh makes me angry we even have to consider things like this! Man made chemicals destroying our health and the planet. Perfect case in point antibiotic resistance... imagine what they pump into the cattle we eat daily and subsequently all Dairy then they wonder why we don't respond to antibiotics anymore... cause we consuming it daily in out food *sobs* 

Sorry off track x

Girl it makes me angry too!! I feel like we're on the same wavelength here! It was one of the reasons why I gave up meat and dairy! I'm convinced that because of the changes in practice when it comes to manufacturing meat/dairy the stuff is not as good for you as it used to be.

(21-04-2017, 02:04 AM)ZaraAri Wrote:  
(21-04-2017, 01:44 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Yeh makes me angry we even have to consider things like this! Man made chemicals destroying our health and the planet. Perfect case in point antibiotic resistance... imagine what they pump into the cattle we eat daily and subsequently all Dairy then they wonder why we don't respond to antibiotics anymore... cause we consuming it daily in out food *sobs* 

Sorry off track x

Girl it makes me angry too!! I feel like we're on the same wavelength here! It was one of the reasons why I gave up meat and dairy! I'm convinced that because of the changes in practice when it comes to manufacturing meat/dairy the stuff is not as good for you as it used to be.

Agreeed i recently learned a meat dish can leave you in a state of inflammtion for SIX bloody hours!
I nearly died when i learned that, things all fell into place with the whole meat/cancer link...
Oh how id love to give up meat. Ive had malabsoprtion of everything issues with my gut conditoin plus restricted diet. Last think I can afford to do is miss out on protein though sadly cause im not allowed beans legumes etc. Makes it hard to give up meat!
But i learned some tips to reduce is toxic factor, never the same as abstaining though sadly!
I would love to be meat and dairy free. Good on you Smile

(20-04-2017, 10:43 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  I know this is kind of late in responding but I have also read on Bountiful Breast I think it was to take BO for no longer than a year and a half, though they say 6-12 months is usually sufficient for women to see the results they are going for. My plan was to take BO for only a year.

If you are careful about what BO you buy (where it is sourced), the risk of getting mad cow is virtually zero. New Zealand and Argentine cattle have never had occurance of mad cow, which is why they are the most promoted sources for BO. For example, Swanson sources its BO from Argentine cattle. There are other brands that use New Zealand cattle. As long as your BO is from these two sources, it is pretty safe.

Hi, I just wanna ask, is this really true? Where did you hear that BO shouldn't be taken for more than a year??

A few years ago, I took Ultra Breast BO for about one year and grew a solid cup size from it, permanently. I was thinking of starting up BO again but since UB is apparently out of business, I'm thinking of going for the year-long package of Bountiful Breast.

But I guess I shouldn't take Bountiful Breast since I have taken BO for a year before from another brand? Or do they mean you shouldn't take any BO for like two consecutive years??

Sorry for all the questions ><
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon