Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What happens when you pump with slightly smaller domes?

Hello everybody,

I initially started off pumping with the contoured L noogleberry cups but since I got no swelling, I thought maybe if I switched to a slightly smaller cup, it would be more effective. So I purchased the regular L cups as they're slightly smaller width-wise (and much smaller depth-wise, which is so much better for my mental wellbeing!). By the way, I'm about an A cup (or AA...) but my breasts are wide. So length wise, I do not fill up any of the domes. 

Since I've been pumping with these smaller domes, the rims do initially seem to be around my breast (before pumping) but I notice that after pumping, part of the ring marks are slightly inside my breast. This happens especially on one side of the breast (either the outer part or the inner part) depending upon whether I use a scarf of not to tie the domes together. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well!

Basically, my cups seem to slightly exclude a part of my breast and I'm worried this could have negative effects. Could it hinder growth or worse, make breasts deformed or smaller? What do you think happens when you pump with domes that are slightly smaller than the width of your breasts?

(20-02-2017, 03:51 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Hello everybody,

I initially started off pumping with the contoured L noogleberry cups but since I got no swelling, I thought maybe if I switched to a slightly smaller cup, it would be more effective. So I purchased the regular L cups as they're slightly smaller width-wise (and much smaller depth-wise, which is so much better for my mental wellbeing!). By the way, I'm about an A cup (or AA...) but my breasts are wide. So length wise, I do not fill up any of the domes. 

Since I've been pumping with these smaller domes, the rims do initially seem to be around my breast (before pumping) but I notice that after pumping, part of the ring marks are slightly inside my breast. This happens especially on one side of the breast (either the outer part or the inner part) depending upon whether I use a scarf of not to tie the domes together. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well!

Basically, my cups seem to slightly exclude a part of my breast and I'm worried this could have negative effects. Could it hinder growth or worse, make breasts deformed or smaller? What do you think happens when you pump with domes that are slightly smaller than the width of your breasts?

Hi
I've read many pumpers say that the dome needs to be bigger and wider than the breast. Like the Brava domes are. Because then you get the negative tension pull all over the breast for best growth.

(20-02-2017, 06:10 PM)32Dplease Wrote:  Hi
I've read many pumpers say that the dome needs to be bigger and wider than the breast. Like the Brava domes are. Because then you get the negative tension pull all over the breast for best growth.

Hi 32Dplease,

Thank you. That's what I thought and feared. I have read about ladies though who say that even though they use smaller domes, their breast get sucked in as soon as they pump anyway. That could be, but the fact that I see a ring mark "inside" my breast doesn't seem like a good thing. 

I remember reading a post somewhere stating that "smaller domes make breasts longer and larger domes make breasts rounder". If this is the case, it doesn't sound too bad. I'll most likely go back to the bigger domes though they're huge....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon