Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is vegan/vegetarian collagen as effective as regular collagen?

(18-03-2017, 09:07 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(18-03-2017, 08:45 PM)EllaC Wrote:  cool thanks for that love.
Yeh id love to stop my hair falling out. Its very porous too!
Gelatin is truely aweful!

You're welcome hun!

Your hair will definitely benefit and it's great for the digestive tract (esp. leaky gut), healing and repairing the intestinal lining. We finally found something that doesn't have any freaky adverse side effects!  Wink
Il let you know how it goes. Had one tablespoon today! I was thinking re breasts a combo of good estrogen metabolisers or sources like flaxseed, ORGANIC NON GMO "fermented" soy (unless thyroid probs) then adding in progesterone sources too ie turmeric thyme, B6 , Vit c ... there's other food sources too... then if any concerns of estrogen dominance, brocilli and it's sprouts and DIM... there's also seed cycling... I reckon if we don't have proportional breasts from puberty it's due to some hormonaL imbalance. Rather than risk herbs this could be another approach. A good B multi is tied up progesterone too. Just some thing to ponder.

(19-03-2017, 05:31 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Il let you know how it goes. Had one tablespoon today! I was thinking re breasts a combo of good estrogen metabolisers or sources like flaxseed, ORGANIC NON GMO "fermented" soy (unless thyroid probs) then adding in progesterone sources too ie turmeric thyme, B6 , Vit c ... there's other food sources too... then if any concerns of estrogen dominance, brocilli and it's sprouts and DIM... there's also seed cycling... I reckon if we don't have proportional breasts from puberty it's due to some hormonaL imbalance. Rather than risk herbs this could be another approach. A good B multi is tied up progesterone too. Just some thing to ponder.

Yes, keep me updated! 
Your plan sounds very interesting and sustainable....I tried flaxseeds once and they gave me acne, but I did exaggerate (two huge tablespoons every single day). I was thinking of eating them again but this time in smaller quantities. Yes, I have heard about vitamin B6, apparently it's also a good anti-androgen (along with zinc). Had no idea what DIM was until you mentioned it! It looks like it's a plant based hormone balancer?? Am intrigued! You're right, our priority should be to get our hormones balanced.

(19-03-2017, 04:14 AM)pom19 Wrote:  bettie, this is the one I am taking:
Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate Beef, Kosher

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1489893163&sr=8-1&keywords=gelatin%2Bcollagen%2Bhydrolysate%2Bbeef&th=1

That looks good Pom! Have you noticed any changes/improvements?

(19-03-2017, 10:26 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(19-03-2017, 04:14 AM)pom19 Wrote:  bettie, this is the one I am taking:
Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate Beef, Kosher

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1489893163&sr=8-1&keywords=gelatin%2Bcollagen%2Bhydrolysate%2Bbeef&th=1

That looks good Pom! Have you noticed any changes/improvements?

I don't know, since I take other supplements such as Biotin, but I do feel good about it since I have been taking it.

(18-03-2017, 06:32 PM)himanshuoe Wrote:  
(16-02-2017, 11:37 AM)bettie32 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if plant based/marine based collagen is as good as animal collagen? I have a feeling animal-derived collagen would be more effective but if you have any thoughts/experience please share!

Marine based collages is always better and one that can be consumed in liquid form is more beneficial. Liquid form collagen gets absorbed easily. It is important to buy collagen which is concentrated or has high bio availability.

Found this website good on this topic

https://www.drinkingcollagen.com/

Thanks for posting the link to that article! I just bought a bag of beef collagen protein powder from Bullet Proof. I really like Bullet Proof and like their products and trust them as a company. I might consider trying the salmon collagen the article said was the most potent after I finish what I just bought.

(16-02-2017, 11:37 AM)bettie32 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if plant based/marine based collagen is as good as animal collagen? I have a feeling animal-derived collagen would be more effective but if you have any thoughts/experience please share!

Unfortunately, there are no vegetarian or vegan whole foods or supplements that contain collagen. 

Some successful experiments have used genetically-modified yeast and bacteria to produce human collagen, which is technically vegan[*]. 

If you don’t eat animal products, your best bet for supporting collagen production is to consume plenty of protein. That way, you’ll hopefully get enough amino acids to support collagen synthesis.

You can learn more about collagen here.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon