Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body temperature

Rainbow 

Quote:When the body temperature is below 98,2 the liver does not manufacture enough enzymes to convert thyroid hormones from T3 to T4, a process that is important for breast growth.

I read this quote from a Bovine Ovary article and it is not clear to me whether this body temperature is needed for NBE in general... My hands and feet are always cold. My morning temperature ranges from 97 degrees F in FP to 97,5 degrees F in LP. I also like to wear light clothing, but I guess that is not as important as not being cold  Rolleyes I will try kelp pills to see if I need iodine since I do eat a lot of greens. I already use sea salt in every hot meal though.

~ Here are some tips I learnt on raising body temperature ~

From naturalfertilityandwellness:
Quote:HOW TO RAISE BODY TEMPERATURE AND INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF HAVING A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY…

1) Eat as much nutritious food as you can every day. Emphasize the more calorie-dense unrefined carbohydrates like root vegetables, fruit, and grains in particular, but also eat a satisfying amount of meat, fat, dairy products (milk is incredible for body temperature), and whatever else that you find enjoyable. But keep it as nutritious and unprocessed as possible. 

2) Eat beyond appetite. This is key. Eating more than you want to eat is what forces your body to get out of its low metabolism rut.

3) Go at least 12 hours straight per day without food – you don’t want to be overeating for more than half the day. So if you eat dinner at 7pm, have breakfast at 7am. I believe this practice can make the body more responsive to the hormone leptin, probably the most important hormone in fertility (because it raises thyroid and progesterone).

4) Get as much sleep as possible. Sleep is an incredibly powerful tool for raising metabolism.

5) Avoid vigorous exercise. This is not a permanent recommendation obviously. You can resume getting more vigorous exercise once your body temperature is fully restored.

6) Emphasize saturated fats over unsaturated fats. Dairy products, red meat, and coconut products are the best source of dietary saturated fats. You should eat these preferentially over nuts, seeds, vegetable oils, avocado, and other plant fats – as well as pork and poultry, when possible.

7) De-stress. While eating a lot, sleeping a lot, and avoiding excessive exercise is inherently de-stressing, it also pays to spend time doing something that you find leisurely or enjoyable and mentally and physically relaxing, which is highly individual. Massage and sunbathing would be my two personal favorites!

Another blogger said she successfully raised her body temperature by one degree after eating a tablespoon of coconut oil every day.

From the excerpt of Eat for Heat: The Metabolic Approach to Food and Drink:
Quote:Do NOT drink when you are NOT thirsty.

The author recommends snacking to keep the body in a state of consistency.
Quote:The most important use of the snack is to lift your body out of an active stress event. It takes a surprisingly miniscule total amount of food to do this. Signs that your body is having a stress event might be cold hands and feet, a sudden urge to urinate, frequent urination, a sudden crash in mood or energy levels, abnormalities in your pulse rate, a headache, nausea, a funky taste in your mouth or dry mouth, a loss of the pink color in your tongue – all kinds of things.
and he recommends eating a salty carby snack to get back at ease.

From mustgrowbust.com:
Quote:Body temp and metabolism are directly related and proteins – like beef, pork, eggs, fish, etc. – are proven metabolism boosters because they require more energy for your body to burn.
Quote:[..] complex carbs are harder to digest and thus, help heat up your body.
Quote:The best superfoods to rev up your metabolism and boost your body temperature are coconut oil, bee pollen, and ginger.
Quote:Omega-3s are great for you – everybody knows it, it’s all over the news. But why do they matter for body temp or breast enhancement? Well, essential fatty acids like omega-3 are the precursors of prostaglandins.

Warming spices, from naturalnews:
Cardamom - cineol in cardamom is known to have a stimulating effect on our lungs, which, in turn, raises our core temperature
Cinnamon - has a drying and toning effect on the mucous membranes of our bodies, thus raising our temperature. It can also increase blood circulation and boost metabolic activity
Turmeric - tightens tissues and absorb excess water from the body. Also normalizes blood circulation and improves blood vessel health
Ginger - has dense concentrations of heat-producing oils called gingerols. Also increases circulation
Cayenne - increases metabolic rate and core body temperature

I will probably try to increase body temp even if it doesnt matter for NBE, because it seems to be a sign of something not working well. Wish me luck  Smile

(24-10-2016, 08:20 PM)burstingplush Wrote:  
Quote:When the body temperature is below 98,2 the liver does not manufacture enough enzymes to convert thyroid hormones from T3 to T4, a process that is important for breast growth.
hhmmmm. interesting. i've read many sources which declare the critical importance of iodine for breast health but i hadn't heard about this t3 ––>t4 conversion. do you know why it's important for breast growth.  for all i know it's somewhere here on this forum. so much to know. so little time.

i shouldn’t post cuz i don’t have anything to add except that i’ve been doing some searching regarding the glandulars/temperature thing and can’t find much  …but, in this line of search, i have run across a lot of information regarding hypo and hyperthyroid stuff and the thyroids thermoregulating relationship to the liver and also, nothing about a t3 to t4 conversion but a lot about t4 to t3 conversion. anyway, i want to continue pursuing this a bit cuz it’s interesting.

Pff this information makes me f@$^ing doomed!! It explains a lot though..i can "eat" herbs/hormones all day long i think then id still be an a cup naturally. this sucks..I am always cold and the winter begun 1'5 month here and i already lost 1.5 kilos....this journey is freaking me out.put in 100 times as much then i get out of it.

(25-10-2016, 03:00 AM)solome Wrote:  
(24-10-2016, 08:20 PM)burstingplush Wrote:  
hhmmmm. interesting. i've read many sources which declare the critical importance of iodine for breast health but i hadn't heard about this t3 ––>t4 conversion. do you know why it's important for breast growth.  for all i know it's somewhere here on this forum. 

I did a search and most of the results were in the Bovine Ovary subforum. Does BO cause the thyroid to make hormones and other methods work up other areas?

Can this be why:
Quote:It’s important to note that not all of the body’s T4 is converted to T3, however- some remains unconverted. The secretion of T4 is under the control of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) which is produced by the pituitary gland. TSH secretion is in turn controlled through release of Thyrotropin Releasing Hormone which is produced in your hypothalamus. So, when T3 levels go up, TSH secretion is suppressed, due to the body’s self regulatory system known as the “negative feedback loop” .
?

Quote:so much to know. so little time.
So true  Blush

This is super interesting! I've always been super cold. But I have the opposite thyroid problem (slight tendency to hyperthyroidism rather than hypothyroidism) and my metabolism is pretty fast.  I wonder how it all goes together. Striking the perfect balance within one's body is impossible, it seems.

Now I want to try taking a spoonful of coconut oil every day.

Thanks for the info, burstingplush, and good luck.

(29-10-2016, 06:57 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  This is super interesting! I've always been super cold. But I have the opposite thyroid problem (slight tendency to hyperthyroidism rather than hypothyroidism) and my metabolism is pretty fast.  I wonder how it all goes together. Striking the perfect balance within one's body is impossible, it seems.

So happy you found it interesting  Smile We might be similar in this way, my metabolism is fast too I think. It came out average in the blood test I had, but I burn calories fast.

My temperature increased a bit! 97,9 and 98 degrees for the last two mornings after taking kelp, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and spices for a week in my luteal, up from 97,5. And my nipples are sore, even though they never are. I think I am responding to subliminals I am listening to  Blush

Have you had any luck yet?

(03-11-2016, 10:03 PM)burstingplush Wrote:  
(29-10-2016, 06:57 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  This is super interesting! I've always been super cold. But I have the opposite thyroid problem (slight tendency to hyperthyroidism rather than hypothyroidism) and my metabolism is pretty fast.  I wonder how it all goes together. Striking the perfect balance within one's body is impossible, it seems.

So happy you found it interesting  Smile We might be similar in this way, my metabolism is fast too I think. It came out average in the blood test I had, but I burn calories fast.

My temperature increased a bit! 97,9 and 98 degrees for the last two mornings after taking kelp, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and spices for a week in my luteal, up from 97,5. And my nipples are sore, even though they never are. I think I am responding to subliminals I am listening to  Blush

Have you had any luck yet?

That's super exciting, that you're seeing results already! Do you do the coconut oil mixed with spices? Otherwise, how are you incorporating the spices?

I haven't tried anything yet. I forgot about the coconut oil.

i've been so busy at work that i haven't been able to do anything fun and haven't been able to read much 
but i did run across this article that i just read and think it's so interesting. anyway, i think it may be of interest, especially to anyone 
that thinks they might have trouble with estrogen dominance or thyroid or adrenal issues. i was looking for the temperature thing ..why it's necessary 
for some metabolic processes like bovine ovary effects but really, everything seems to be connected  ...and, that was what i liked about this article
it's long and here i've copied just a few things. there's much more and i really like the part where it talks about what happens when you have
progesterone depletion and the cortisol connection. damn, there's so much information. so many freakin words.

symptoms:  worn down?  trouble sleeping? problems with your weight?  cold all the time and can’t warm up?  dry skin?  difficulty remembering things?
LOW METABOLIC ENERGY    ....restore metabolic energy—correct the underlying problem.
What causes low metabolic energy? The most common cause is poor thyroid function, poor adrenal function or, most commonly, a mixture of both. Another very frequent cause is hormonal imbalance— especially low progesterone or estrogen dominance in women or low testosterone in men. Restoring metabolic energy helps the body help itself, letting the self-repair mechanisms function well again and restore health.
Every process that goes on inside our bodies requires energy – specifically metabolic energy. When the body doesn’t have enough energy to function properly, each component of the body will malfunction in its own unique way.
The body needs energy to keep itself warm; a low body temperature, therefore, usually accompanies low metabolic energy.

Symptoms of Low Metabolic Energy
Although many of the symptoms below seem unrelated, they may all stem from the same root problem of low metabolic energy.
GENERAL: Low body temperature. Coldness. Low energy or fatigue. Weight problems (can’t lose or gain it). Slow healing.
BRAIN: Depression and/or anxiety. Poor memory, focus or concentration. Sleep disorders.
IMMUNE SYSTEM: Under-reactive or over-reactive; that is, frequent infections (skin, sinus, bladder, bowel and yeast problems); allergies; auto-immune disease.
MUSCULOSKELETAL: Fatigue, fibromyalgia (muscle or joint pains); generalized aches and pains; repetitive use injury and carpal tunnel syndrome. Weak connective tissues (ligaments, bones, etc.); headaches.
SEXUAL: Loss of libido and function; menstrual disorders; infertility.
VASCULAR: Low blood pressure; high blood pressure; Raynaud’s disease.
BOWELS: Constipation; gas or bloating; digestive disorders; irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
NERVOUS SYSTEM: Numbness of hands and/or feet (usually symmetrical); dulling or loss of senses such as vision, taste or smell.
SKIN: Dry; pallor in light skin, darkening or dark patches in dark skin; acne.
HAIR: Brittle, falling, coarse, dry or oily.

T4 has four iodine atoms and it is a pro-hormone, that is, it lives to become either T3 or RT3. When the body needs energy, it removes an iodine atom from the T4 and turns it into T3, which in turn signals living cells to make energy (ATP). T3 allows the body to turn up the energy when it needs to. Reverse T3 (RT3) is made by the body to tone down energy. It is made by removing a different iodine from T4. Like placing a bad key in the ignition, it blocks the T3 (the working key) from signaling the cell to make energy. It allows the body to turn down the energy when it needs to.

The Estrogen Dominance-Adrenal Fatigue Connection
Adrenal fatigue and estrogen dominance (ED) are very similar in their symptom presentation and share a lot in common. Most women who have one tend to have the other to some degree. Estrogen dominance and adrenal fatigue have the following relationship:
Progesterone is transformed into cortisol as well as into other hormones.
Most ED is due to insufficient progesterone and therefore accompanies low cortisol production.
Most adrenal fatigue involves an inability to keep up with cortisol production.

When adrenals are stressed, the increased need for cortisol depletes the progesterone levels in making cortisol. As more progesterone is shunted or sequestered to make cortisol, less is available to balance the estrogen. Another common reason for low progesterone levels is an anovulatory cycle (a menstrual cycle in which there is no ovulation). Without the ovulation there is no corpus luteum to make additional progesterone for the cycle. The lowered progesterone level leaves us with an excessive estrogenic effect due to deficiency of progesterone.

In summary, fixing adrenal function and estrogen dominance go hand-in-hand and it is therefore difficult to fix one while ignoring the other. ED can also be caused by excessive estrogenic stimulation. Typical sources of estrogenic effect are:
Excessive fatty tissue: Fat cells make estrogen and estrogen causes fatty tissue growth. This is a vicious cycle we’d like to avoid.

Oh my, that all sounds like me (except for the immune system and bowels parts). So what's the treatment, then? What can one do about it all?

Thanks so much for sharing, solome.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon