Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I read that Vitex redcues prolactin. Isn't that a bad thing to do for NBE?

I read a lot of things about balancing hormones with Vitex, but then I saw something that said Vitex reduces prolactin. Now I'm confused because I thought massage helps breast growth by increasing prolactin, so how could Vitex help with NBE if it reduces one of the things needed for growth? Am I way off here? Can Vitex actually help with breast growth or does it hinder it?

I am new here, still trying to take notes and figure out how I want to go about this NBE. I have a few bottles of Greenbush Naturals enhancement liquid, but now I am wondering if it wouldn't be better for me to try a balancing herb first. I also have a set of Chinese cupping for the breasts that I bought forever ago and just haven't really used because they left big red marks on my chest when I tried to use them. I guess I am just overwhelmed with so much information and don't really know where to start. Any advice is very appreciated.  I see a lot of people's signature on the threads saying that their breasts have grown with NBE, so it gives me hope to see that it is possible for this to work at least. Big Grin

(12-10-2016, 01:43 AM)LillyFaPootz Wrote:  I read a lot of things about balancing hormones with Vitex, but then I saw something that said Vitex reduces prolactin. Now I'm confused because I thought massage helps breast growth by increasing prolactin, so how could Vitex help with NBE if it reduces one of the things needed for growth? Am I way off here? Can Vitex actually help with breast growth or does it hinder it?

I am new here, still trying to take notes and figure out how I want to go about this NBE. I have a few bottles of Greenbush Naturals enhancement liquid, but now I am wondering if it wouldn't be better for me to try a balancing herb first. I also have a set of Chinese cupping for the breasts that I bought forever ago and just haven't really used because they left big red marks on my chest when I tried to use them. I guess I am just overwhelmed with so much information and don't really know where to start. Any advice is very appreciated.  I see a lot of people's signature on the threads saying that their breasts have grown with NBE, so it gives me hope to see that it is possible for this to work at least. Big Grin

I cant answer the mechanical side of it but too high vitex can make you shrink but lower doses can help. Theres alot of info on vitex floating around the forum but you have to dig deep to find it. From memory you want to aim for no more than 100mg - it helps your progesterone bring you back into balance if your hormones are off.

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining that. Do you mean 100 mg per day? I wonder if it would still work if I were to use it every other day or on an intermittent schedule during the month.
Trying to search for this kind of thing online gets so many mixed results. You read all these stories of amazing results and then read something else that just crushes all the hope right out of you and sends you searching for the next thing. The herbals all seem very subjective and kind of sketchy to me so far.

(12-10-2016, 04:06 AM)LillyFaPootz Wrote:  Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining that. Do you mean 100 mg per day? I wonder if it would still work if I were to use it every other day or on an intermittent schedule during the month.
Trying to search for this kind of thing online gets so many mixed results. You read all these stories of amazing results and then read something else that just crushes all the hope right out of you and sends you searching for the next thing. The herbals all seem very subjective and kind of sketchy to me so far.

Herbals can mess you up big time trust me. I was very healthy pre NBE then messing around with herbs started me on a downward spiral re hormone health. It "may" be an age thing, but in a short period of time my hormones went from perfect to downright erratic and the only diffrence was playing around with breast enlargement herbs. I ended up in hospital at one point too as the herbs i chose lowered my blood pressure and i blacked out and ended up in a bad way so you are right to tread carefully.

Yes 100 or less, alot of formulas tend to be at least 400mg plus

Vitex from my understanding can do no harm. If your breast are small due to low progesterone then taking vitex may very well help by bringing it up to normal.
The likelihood of you being estrogen deficient in THIS day and age is unlikely but not off the table so always wise to test to be sure.

Things depend on age too, like if you are older then vitex might be on the cards. I found when my cycles went haywire "maca root" worked for me, almost like clockwork brought them back to normal BUT i got a specific type and thats the only one that worked for me "world botanicals royal maca".

Maca by rights could help with breasts and buttocks but everybody is different. My metabolism is super quick so no maca never made me gain fat nor has any other herb for that matter. Vitex is one thing i couldcertainly afford to take up again but i have reasons to not persue it just yet, vitex works longer and needs to be taken daily to work ( to balance hormones) - to just raise progesterone or prolactin maybe not - i think you'd need a herbalist to confirm that for you .

Depends on what you think is standing in your way? Do you think your estrogen dominent for example? I at first thought its all about estrogen, raise estrogen and get bigger boobs... couldnt be more wrong, too much estrogen might swing you the other way! Its all about balance.

LillyFaPootz, I read somewhere that progesterone reduces prolactin. I cant find it again, but for instance here:
Quote:Progesterone causes an increase in dopamine by suppressing prolactin and oestrogen.
And I think progesterone also can be helpful. So I think it depends on your hormonal composition. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment if this is true Smile

Limited info in studies at pubmed.gov.

Slowly raises progesterone, I think at all doses, which helps.  Very popular for hormonal balance precisely for this reason.  Which is also good for NBE.  That can lower estrogen which hurts NBE, but estrogen is very easy to get through a million herbs.  If anything it's easy to overdo estrogen through too much PM, and often even too much of the weaker herbs.  Progesterone is harder.  Except with progesterone cream, but then you can likewise overdo it.  It's hard to overdo vitex.  I suspect that higher doses have no additional effect but that may only apply to dopamine.  Not sure about progesterone.

40-125 mg lowers dopamine / raises prolactin.  250+ mg raises dopamine/lowers prolactin.  Typically 500 mg.  Prolactin aids NBE but it's a much smaller effect.  Dopamine is good for your mood too.  Prolactin and dopamine directly oppose each other; lowering one pretty much raises the other and vis versa.

Estrogen also raises prolactin. Prolactin reduces your body's production of all sexual hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, etc. through reduced LH & reduced FSH. As do the hormones themselves. It's a negative feedback loop to limit production once you have enough. However excessive prolactin is the most common reason for asexuality. As in very high prolactin can cause all sexual hormones to be low. OTOH total asexuality doesn't happen that often, it's usually from a benign pituitary tumor overproducing prolactin, and it's easily fixed with surgery. Others can have high prolactin but probably not that high.

Vitex is safe to take but fair warning you lose some hairs in your head once you get about middle ways of taking it. I will say it does help with many things just take it in low dosage and you should be fine but don't take it with any other herbs or medicine it could block the effect that it has on the pituitary gland. I took Vitex with no harsh side effects although I did lose hair and had some white heads to form but no big issues. Although I did notice my finger and toe nails don't grow as fast now and it took care of a bunch of body hair my moods are better and I don't get nervous like I use to.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon