Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

8-prenylnaringenin Supplement?

Hey! I was wondering if it would be safe/a good idea/would it work well if I took a 8-prenylnaringenin supplement pill instead of just drinking beer to gain the main phytoestrogen 8-prenylnaringenin in hops?

Here is a link to what I was thinking about getting. I a, wanting to switch over mainly to using hops, and I don't think I would be able to drink enough beer to reap the effects so I was wondering if anyone knows about the safety/effectiveness of taking something like this.

http://www.brightpathwellness.com/products/estro-balance-60-capsules?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=6565496771&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3s6-BRC3kKL_86XDvq4BEiQAAUqtZ-FBSLC_4xWjL4BjkNvjD6Nw-65cnGa6TdzLTm2IYiQaAt9t8P8HAQ

Also just to let everyone know, when I drink beer, I drink double IPAs that specifically say they out a ridiculous amount of hops in them, I usually drink local IPAs but I drink the strongest ones with the most hops not just like regular cheapish beer which doesn't have nearly as much hops.

Ohh & I'm switching over from red clover because I have read some troubling things about genistein & also I don't think red clover is strong enough to warrant the effects I want. I have also been taking reishi & spearmint tea as anti androgens but I read that hops is an anti androgen and a phytoestrogen all in one so that's another reason I want to switch over to it.

From what I read in the scientific litterature, 8-PN is 10 times less potent than 17b estradiol. Is this product containting enough 8-PN to have any effect ? Hard to tell since they dont disclose their exact dosage.

Sorry I missed a 0 here. 8-PN is +/-100 times less potent than estradiol, not ten times.

And this is only an estimate, since it varies from 70 times less potent to 20000 times less potent in the litterature.

That means that you would have to drink at least  5  gallons of strong IPA everyday to hope a very mild estrogenic effect. Your bladder would explode well before that.

see 
 L.R. Chadwick, , G.F. Pauli, N.R. Farnsworth, The pharmacognosy of Humulus lupulus L. (hops) with an emphasis on estrogenic properties,Phytomedicine, Volume 13, Issues 1–2, 5 January 2006, Pages 119–131
 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2004.07.006

(04-09-2016, 11:32 PM)Lotus Wrote:  HOPS is 70 times more potent for ER-b (estrogen receptor beta) over estradiol and 20,000 times less potent at ER-a (estrogen receptor alpha) over estradiol. If I didn't mention already HOPS upregulates progesterone receptor mRNA (signaling). Besides stimulating IGF-1 HOPs enhances thermogenesis in BAT (brown adipose tissue, aka " fat " ), which means counteracting increases body fat.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26098641/

* I'd take it at night time for the IGF-1 stimulation and promotion of PR (progesterone receptor).  

Quote:Hops and red clover extracts, as well as 8-PN upregulated progesterone receptor (PR) mRNA in the Ishikawa cell line.

In the MCF-7 cell line, PR mRNA was significantly upregulated by the extracts, biochanin A, genistein, 8-PN, and IX. The two extracts had EC50 values of 1.1 and 1.9 μg/mL, respectively, in the alkaline phosphatase induction assay. Based on these data, hops and red clover could be attractive for development as herbal dietary supplements to alleviate menopause-associated symptoms.

Comparison of the In Vitro Estrogenic Activities of Compounds from Hops (Humulus lupulus) and Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) 
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...s14948.pdf

You can get whole hops. Don't use plain serum or synthetic hormones.

The strength of it is enough for NBE, if done right. It being not as potent as serum hormones is irrelevant.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon