Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stephie's so-called "Brava" program

(15-01-2016, 08:07 AM)James98 Wrote:  To adapt to the different sizes, you need both sizes of plastic (silicon) tubing and a barbed pipe adapter. I couldn't find a single piece, but this pair screwed together from Home Depot would do the trick. You will need a bit of teflon plumbing tape to put around the thread to make a proper seal.

There're pipe and tubing supply warehouses with online shops you can buy most barb interchanges from, including ones that are all one piece, which decreases the number of possible points of equipment failure.

Sourcing things when you want to be able to go to a brick and mortar can be more challenging, always.

James, thanks I'll try that.

AbiDrew, wow, I didn't think I'd hear from you again. I thought you had taken a long break from this site a couple of years ago, like I did. I really did need the break and I don't regret it.

Why am I imitating Brava instead of buying another NB system? Because I really want to try extremely low pressure/long session pumping. It's not really feasible with an NB pump. Brava maintains an even but insanely low pressure and is designed to be worn for 10-14 hours a day (or even longer if the wearer is brave and/or crazy enough to wear it to work etc.). It really isn't possible to do the same thing with a manual pump. More importantly, Brava systems maintain an even vacuum while you sleep. Sure I could just snoogle for 3-4 hours at moderate pressure, but it's not quite the same thing as 10-14 hours at low pressure.

I'm not saying one style of pumping is necessarily better than the other, but I am saying that I can't do "brava style" pumping without a brava-like system.

Blehhh...I think I misunderstood what you were saying. The only reason I bought kangzhu cups instead of NB is because they're a lot cheaper. The tubing came already attached to my pump. Maybe I should just get new NB cups and save these $15 pieces of junk for an emergency.

(15-01-2016, 05:36 AM)keeraljw Wrote:  Hi Stephie,

You are very resourceful in assembling an imitation Brava. I'm also looking to put together a brava substitute as their sales office seems to be closed and there are limited systems being sold on eBay. Could you please share the links to the various components and the electric pump you bought?

Thanks very much and hope you get it to work soon!

I sent you a PM.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon