Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Kiss and Makeup thread

(26-11-2015, 06:16 PM)iam72hrstv Wrote:  I believe a trip to a makeup artist or a good makeup store like Sephora can train you to use the right colors and shades and even how to apply it. I heard of a beauty shop for transsexuals in New York for complete makeovers. Also, some places do nails, wax, and do hair/extensions/threading/tattooing makeup. These skills can be learned there.
Oh iam72,,, i doubt ill have access to that, maybe somebodies mom or sister,,lol , or me just crammin on the studies,, im thinking thatll be my path.
But- i sure wish i could put it in the hands of an expert and see how i could look. That would be an afternoon well spent.

(26-11-2015, 03:23 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Like building a house, you have to first lay the foundation. In this case... first step BEFORE you even think of applying makeup, is to moisturize. If you decide to do layers of moisturization, start with the lightest/ thinnest viscocity moisturier. I am partial to a hyaluronic acid application , then a vitamin E enriched moisturizer. The hyaluronic acid helps plump the skin, filling any tiny wrinkles, it is hrydrophillic and will absorb water, so make sure your face is moist before applying. Once your moisturizers are absorbed, apply your foundation ( best to apply makeup before getting dressed. )

As i mentioned in another thread. I used to use a "pan' stick one shade darker than my skin tone, and mineral powder one shade lighter than my skin tone so it all evened out to my natural tone.

I find it necesary to apply in this order:
1. Moisturizer
2. Foundation.
3. Eyeliner.
4. Blush or bronzer and eyeshadow
5. Mascara
6. Clear lip liner
7. Lipstick
8. Lip gloss.

I know this is a no brainer for most, however, for those new to the makeup scene, its just a place to start.

Also to note: beware of the 'mask' look ...that is when you only do makeup from chin up..if your tone is off, it will look like you are wearing a mask.

I like using a liquid foundation, it helps even out any uneven surfaces.
Yea the mask,,
I first started with foundation etc but found 9as you said it wound up very different from my neck ,, so when i use the full nine yards,, i blend it into my neck, sort of too fade out know what i mean.. or i avoid completely the stuff that lends to yellow-ish tint.. and try to build on my own skin tone.
To be completely honest,, i was doing everything out of the sequence of your list,, just hap -hazzard.. with mixed results of course.lol.

But i wrote down your essential -8 and will see if things run smoother,, ALSO i tried what you mentioned about using a lighter shade on the inside of the eyes near the nose to add effect to the eyes,, .Thanks, it made a interesting difference

(28-11-2015, 07:38 AM)Pinnochia Wrote:  
(26-11-2015, 04:10 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Exfoliation!

Our skin builds up layers of dead skin and other evironmental things ( hair spray, cleaning chemicals, etc).
The skin is the largest organ of the body. So we need to take care of it.
Most important is hydration. If you are dehydrated, you are prematurely aging your skin. Drink plenty of water.

Take collagen suppliments and eat gelatin. Both are good for skins elasticity.exfoliate at least once a week. I like using a himalayan pink salt scrub. With 84 trace minerals, Hps helps feed the skin.

I also use a cucumber melon face peel. Its cold and gooey going on, but dries and tightens the skin.peel it off and you can see dead skin .yucky but fascinating.

And when your done.....moisturize, mosturize, moisturize!

Bonus tip: to show uou how fast your skin absorbs things, if you put lavender oil on your wrist, fifteen minutes later, your breath will smell like lavender.
That cool Tanya,,, it effects your breath,,? wow,,, that sounds like a very powerful reaction from the body,,, be careful hun.
I use lavender and tea tree oil in my lotions and bath water,5-9 drops, If used regularly ,,its supposed to jump start, gynocomastia,, especially younger individuals ,, or guys my age or older.lol Funny it works that way on pubescent teenage boys and older men,, a boob building offering,, that excludes 20ish to 40ish males isnt that odd you'd figure you'd benefit all the way to your male peek at 30-something..

Anyway before i forget my original point,,, lavender , tree tea oil, GOOD STUFF,, But always use a medium to mix it in oil etc, lotion even better im thinking. 100 % absorption so be careful Tanya,, putting any of those directly on your skin,,,.
A person can if there not careful build up a condition of toxicity ,, by increasing contact or internal use of a variety of things and overloading the body..
So if you do experiment with it as it seems you have( with undiluted stuff),, space out your usage.
I was poisoned in a similar matter by over contact with something else and became gravely ill.
So always use a carrier-lotion or oil for your potent elixer's .

AND i didnt miss the message! Hydrate, hydrate hydrate!lol.thanks !Smile

The point i was making about the lavender oil, is how fast the body absorbs things through the skin. In regards to why it is possible for prepubecent and older males to develop gynocomastia, i believe, is the total amount of T being produced in the body is less than those in their 20-30's. Though i have seen websites that say it doesnt cause gynecomastia at all.. Sad

However, shatavari ( indian asparagus) is supposed to induce the growth of ducts and induce lactation. I ordered a 4 oz bottle of extract Big Grin. I plan on using it topically and sublingual.

Spring cleaning of your makeup bag:

It is easy to hoarde all sorts of makeup, however, like food, it has a shelf life.most of the time, it is about a year. When you do your spring cleaning, dispose of all old makeup, lotions, this especially includes eyeliners and mascara, which can cause eye infection. And of couse, it goes without saying, do not share makeup. It is possible to transfer some infectious stuff if you loaned out your makeup, ( think pink-eye), highly infectious.

Also, try to be conciencious of the ingredients of what you put on your body. Parabens are xenoestrogenic ( foreign estrogens), and may interupt or take up space in your estrogen receptors, and make your NBE a harder road to go.

Unfortunately, it id hard to find lotions and such, paraben free. Anything with ' paraben' in its name, beware.

Thank you for the makeup tips. I have been so wanting to learn this.

No problem. I obviously dont know it all, but what i do know, i am happy to share with anyone who wants to learn.

(28-11-2015, 08:05 AM)Pinnochia Wrote:  
(26-11-2015, 03:23 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  Like building a house, you have to first lay the foundation. In this case... first step BEFORE you even think of applying makeup, is to moisturize. If you decide to do layers of moisturization, start with the lightest/ thinnest viscocity moisturier. I am partial to a hyaluronic acid application , then a vitamin E enriched moisturizer. The hyaluronic acid helps plump the skin, filling any tiny wrinkles, it is hrydrophillic and will absorb water, so make sure your face is moist before applying. Once your moisturizers are absorbed, apply your foundation ( best to apply makeup before getting dressed. )

As i mentioned in another thread. I used to use a "pan' stick one shade darker than my skin tone, and mineral powder one shade lighter than my skin tone so it all evened out to my natural tone.

I find it necesary to apply in this order:
1. Moisturizer
2. Foundation.
3. Eyeliner.
4. Blush or bronzer and eyeshadow
5. Mascara
6. Clear lip liner
7. Lipstick
8. Lip gloss.

I know this is a no brainer for most, however, for those new to the makeup scene, its just a place to start.

Also to note: beware of the 'mask' look ...that is when you only do makeup from chin up..if your tone is off, it will look like you are wearing a mask.

I like using a liquid foundation, it helps even out any uneven surfaces.
Yea the mask,,
I first started with foundation etc but found 9as you said it wound up very different from my neck ,, so when i use the full nine yards,, i blend it into my neck, sort of too fade out know what i mean.. or i avoid completely the stuff that lends to yellow-ish tint.. and try to build on my own skin tone.
To be completely honest,, i was doing everything out of the sequence of your list,, just hap -hazzard.. with mixed results of course.lol.

But i wrote down your essential -8 and will see if things run smoother,, ALSO i tried what you mentioned about using a lighter shade on the inside of the eyes near the nose to add effect to the eyes,, .Thanks, it made a interesting difference

The lighter-on- the inside tip is especially good for someone with deep set eyes.

Because bright or light colors make things look larger, it gives the appearance the eyes are larger. In addition, if a person has deep set eyes, they probably should avoid dark colors of eyeshadow, or at least limit the amount used for the above mentioned reason. Since dark is the opposite of light, dark colors would make them seem even deeper set.

After applying lipstick, but before applying lipgloss ( if you use gloss), take a napkin, fold it and press your lips over the napkin ( as if you were biting down on it, without teeth). This will remove excess lipstick, and help tone down the brightness of your lips.

Pluck those bushies! (Eyebrows).

Often times, people get to over zealous when it comes to shaping and plucking their brows..
One has to be delicate when tweezing, plucking eyebrows. Invest in a good beard trimmer for starters. They have a nice little atachment/shield that trims all the eyebrow hairs to an even length. This can actually make you look a few years younger.

Do some research before you pick up your tweezers an pluck with wild abandon ( eyebrow pencils are for filling in, not drawing on eyebrows :p, which will happen if you pluck too much). Look online or in magazines at all the different shapes and styles. ( online even sells eyebrow stencils, believe it or not). Be sure to match up the style you like, to your face shape. There are websites out there that match hairstyles and face shapes, etc.

After you decide what style is right for you, start by warming up your skin and eyebrows with a hot, wet facecloth for about five min. This allows the folicle to open up like your pores, for easy extraction of the hair.PLUCK ONLY ONE HAIR AT A TIME. Do not grab more than one at a time as it may cause unwanted gaps. Grasp the hair and pull it out in the direction it grows ( i.e. if the hair is growing out towards the right, pull out to the right)

Do a little on each side, pausing every so often to check your progress. Stand back and look. When you are satisfied put down those tweezers! Dont second guess yourself and overpluck.

Your eyebrow ridge may be a little red afterwards, so its best to do it before bedtime, to give time for the redness to go away.
Use eyebrow pencils sparingly and obviously match them to your natural color. Draw inside the shape you have plucked, then using your finger, brush what you have drawn to soften it and blend it in to look more natural.

Happy plucking !

Tanya,, nice post on the eyebrows,,, but hun i have a question ,, If you have to draw them on,, have no choice,, i never had any wasnt born with eye lashes or eye brows,,, what is the best thing to draw them on with? Some pencil ive tried seems to smear rather easily,, is there a better option that will last as im taking pictures,, changing wigs etc.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon