Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help with winter.

Hey everyone! I've enjoyed reading this site a lot. I tried buying some herbs back during the summer - and started with fenugreek, fennel, and milk thistle. I saw a little growth, but not too much. Late September I added saw palmetto to my routine, and grew quite a bit right away (around 3/4"-1"). However, since that time I have retained the growth, but have not had any more. I'm wondering if I've stopped because of the season. I live in a place where the days have already become quite short.

Basically, I need advice on whether to maintain my current routine through the winter, or stop until spring rolls around. I'm a little worried that if I stop, I will lose my growth, or that when I start back up my body won't respond since I will have taken the supplements on and off too much. I'm kind of into the "stick-with-it" mentality, since some people have said it took them many months to see results.

On the flip side, it may help jumpstart growth if my body has had a break during the winter, and it would save me some money.

Anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions?

I don't usually reply to someone unregistered because they sometimes do not return for the answer.

Opinions differ on winter programs, but here's my two cents:

If you have kept your growth for one full cycle then it is there to stay. The only thing that will remove it is rapid weight loss through dieting or sickness. Just ramp your dosages down gradually (like over a week or two), not all at once.

Breaking through the winter is a good idea. It will help clear receptors and give the liver a break. You might keep up on the milk thistle if you wish, maybe add CoQ10 to it. Drink lemon water every day. Spend some time each day/night with a heated blanket set on the breasts set to low. Did you have a massage component to your program to get herbs directly/transdermally?

If you wanted to try to compensate for the winter (or even do this in the spring) you could try using 1500mg to 2000mg of GABA at night before bedtime (continuing the program). This will help growth hormone production which is the object of taking advantage of serotonin production during the spring. You could also take MSM. Carlsons is a good brand. You could also get some vitamin C to go with it). Some women see results at 2000mg once per day, others need 3000mg three times per day. You'll have to experiment with that one or get more opinions from those who have used it. You could help serotonin production with 5-HTP. Fenugreek already has tryptophan as a component. Take a good multivitamin that has plenty of A, C, E, Zinc, Selenium, and especially a B complex. For thyroid support, in a previous thread I've seen a suppliment called "Thyroid Energy" highly recommended for this by nosyforumpoker. You could try that also.
( http://www.amazon.com/NOW-THYROID-ENERGY...B000JNAB48 )

All that aside, save your money. Wait til spring. Give your body a break.

My 2 cents,

Wahaika

Thank you Wahaika! Sorry it took me a while to respond...

Happily, you were right, and I did keep most of the growth! I'm taking MSM and Vit C as well as a multivitamin, massage, the heat blanket and lemon water, I haven't grown any more but I hope its helping the already existing tissue.

I can't wait to start back up in spring and hopefully make more gains (especially now that I know they're permanent)!

Thanks again, I really appreciate your advice!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon