Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hi, quick question.

Before someone gets a hormone test is there something they need to take to detox or stop taking anything you are currently taking? Is there anything I would need to do before I have this test done?
I'm planning on getting a hormone test and wanted to know in advance so I can be ready for it, thank you. =)

(10-08-2015, 05:11 PM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  Before someone gets a hormone test is there something they need to take to detox or stop taking anything you are currently taking? Is there anything I would need to do before I have this test done?
I'm planning on getting a hormone test and wanted to know in advance so I can be ready for it, thank you. =)

I was told once to stop taking herbs one day prior to a hormone test but I don't buy that. Id wait at least a week or two to be safe. YOu want your body to reflect its natural state.

That's what I thought.. what about flaxseed oil, right now that's all I take, well that and a multivitamin and I do take gotu kola for other issues.. would I need to quit taking any of these or is it okay?

Also, sorry for so many questions :[ but do you have any drinks you would recommend for NBE? I heard soy is bad and I would at one time drink soy milk, but maybe instead almond milk or something? Thank you so much for your help, by the way. =)

Flaxseed is meant to balance good estrogen (or so I read in books from highly reputed naturopath s) so I'd stop that.
Soy I'm now thinking is bad news. Apparently it can block absorption of nutrients Sad

Actually coconut milk would be good!
Mild herbal teas although I don't advocate using herbs anymore. They can cause a world if hurt if you don't know how they interact and how they influence your body systems

(10-08-2015, 11:47 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Flaxseed is meant to balance good estrogen (or so I read in books from highly reputed naturopath s) so I'd stop that.
Soy I'm now thinking is bad news. Apparently it can block absorption of nutrients Sad

Actually coconut milk would be good!
Mild herbal teas although I don't advocate using herbs anymore. They can cause a world if hurt if you don't know how they interact and how they influence your body systems

Oh, okay sounds good. Yeah, I'm a pretty cautious person, so I get what you're saying, it can be risky.
Do you think this would be good as a protein powder?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J074W94/ref=twister_B00MO69MWU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Also says it's soy free, was thinking it could be a good one. Thanks for your help. Smile

That looks good. Iherb have them heaps cheaper though Smile

(12-08-2015, 12:03 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  That looks good. Iherb have them heaps cheaper though Smile

I haven't had the hormone testing done because they aren't accepting new patients until October.. and I got thinking more on it. You think a month would be okay to wait, or 3 months, or would that be too long? Also.. do you think I should detox with milk thistle before I get the test done? I'm trying to figure out what would give the most accurate results.
Oh I got those vitamins by the way. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon