Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Another reason why EXERCISE is good for growth

Everyone knows that cardio and other exercises increase your heart rate and blood flow which helps circulate herbs, etc. in your body.

However..... I think exercise is good for another reason!

I was on this prescription medication for a nonthreatening fungus on my skin (sounds gross, but about 8% of the population has it and it's just lighter spots on my skin that don't tan). I had to take a pill orally before working out and then sweat a TON so the medication could sweat out through my pores and lay on the top layer of skin and absorb into my skin to kill the fungus.

I have a little theory lol that taking your herbs and other pills before working out, or doing some sort of cardio where you sweat, will allow you to sweat them out through your pores and absorb into your skin. This way your body absorbs the herbs better since your stomach acid eats away at the effectiveness of the herbs.

I don't know; this is just my little theory on it. Lol.
What do you guys think of this?

My knowledge:

What do you sweat out? Things that are stored in your fat cells.
What is getting stored in your fat cells? A lot, for instance waste materials which your body wants to sweat out, and oils but not vitamins and proteins I know.(you have to take them everyday to for see your body from proteins and vitamins, everything that is too much will be broken down by your liver. Simple to say there is no stock for vitamins and proteins) I also dont think that herbs are getting stored in your fat cells.
So to say I think I've already tackled your theory... Because It won't be stored in your fat cells so you wont sweat it out. Herbs are just available for a certain amount off time in your blood, then they'll get broken down by your liver so you'll pie it out not sweat it out.
You ofcourse can absorb things through your skin so external usage can be helpfull.
More training will make the herbs in your blood go round faster which can mean two things: quicker absorbation or quicker demolition or both.
These are my thoughtsShy

(15-05-2015, 01:14 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  My knowledge:

What do you sweat out? Things that are stored in your fat cells.
What is getting stored in your fat cells? A lot, for instance waste materials which your body wants to sweat out, and oils but not vitamins and proteins I know.(you have to take them everyday to for see your body from proteins and vitamins, everything that is too much will be broken down by your liver. Simple to say there is no stock for vitamins and proteins) I also dont think that herbs are getting stored in your fat cells.
So to say I think I've already tackled your theory... Because It won't be stored in your fat cells so you wont sweat it out. Herbs are just available for a certain amount off time in your blood, then they'll get broken down by your liver so you'll pie it out not sweat it out.
You ofcourse can absorb things through your skin so external usage can be helpfull.
More training will make the herbs in your blood go round faster which can mean two things: quicker absorbation or quicker demolition or both.
These are my thoughtsShy

Hmm very interesting!
Your response motivated me to do a little research on my own, because I remembered a few things on sweat from school, but not enough to back up my hypothesis lol.

Vitamins and herbs are either fat soluble or water soluble, so some vitamins do get stored in your fat cells. This is also why it is important to do cleanses so the fat soluble vitamins are not piling up in your system. Herbs are absorbed into the bloodstream through the small intestine.

You were on the right track about fat cells. The secretory "base" is surrounded by adipose tissue (body fat), which also contains many small blood vessels. In recent studies, adipose tissue has been recognized as a major endocrine organ (hormones) and it is responsible for producing hormones --- Estrogen(!!). I had another theory that people with more body fat reached their nbe goals faster than those with smaller body fat percentages..but that's another story lol.
Anyways, sweat is mostly made of water and actually only contains traces of the body's toxins (less than 1%) -- I did not know this -- so next time anyone goes to the gym to sweat out their toxins, you actually aren't doing much work -- your kidneys and liver do the most detoxing. Sweat is derived from blood plasma and blood plasma contains mostly water, dissolved proteins, hormones, etc. etc.

In another study about the medication I was taking that needed to be sweat out of my body to be absorbed through the skin, the results of the study stated: "We conclude that eccrine sweat rapidly transports ketoconazole across the blood-skin barrier, where it may bind or partition to keratinocytes and surface lipids (hair, nails, and lipid-rich sebum)."

Therefore, herbs that are absorbed into the bloodstream do get released onto the skin through sweat and can be absorbed into the skin. However, I do not know how much/what % of the herbs and vitamins one takes will be secreted and absorbed; however, I believe it does help!

P.S. There are two types of sweat glands; I was talking about the eccrine glands (stimulated with heat, exercise, etc. -- in order to regulate the body's homeostasis temperature).

Also interesting..It is a difficult story, there's so much information. But reading about the blood plasma probably shows I was wrong..
But my dieetist told me that your body cant just catch up vitamins out off your supply/fat cells when he needs it, therefore you should eat/swallow enough vitamins daily..Thats where my conclusion was based on.
When vitamins and proteins ARE BEEING stored, If it happens which according to your research appaerently does happens it is waste and wont be used for body processing anymore. It might recycle again trhough skin absorption, but I dont know that. Hope you'll understand what I'm sayingTongue
And about this part: '' I had another theory that people with more body fat reached their nbe goals faster than those with smaller body fat percentages..but that's another story lol. ''
Thats so true, thats alos the reason that fatter people are often estrogen dominant. Because estrogen seems to bind fat. And Fatty/adipose tissue produces fat..its some kind off vicious circle..

(21-05-2015, 02:12 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Also interesting..It is a difficult story, there's so much information. But reading about the blood plasma probably shows I was wrong..
But my dieetist told me that your body cant just catch up vitamins out off your supply/fat cells when he needs it, therefore you should eat/swallow enough vitamins daily..Thats where my conclusion was based on.
When vitamins and proteins ARE BEEING stored, If it happens which according to your research appaerently does happens it is waste and wont be used for body processing anymore. It might recycle again trhough skin absorption, but I dont know that. Hope you'll understand what I'm sayingTongue
And about this part: '' I had another theory that people with more body fat reached their nbe goals faster than those with smaller body fat percentages..but that's another story lol. ''
Thats so true, thats alos the reason that fatter people are often estrogen dominant. Because estrogen seems to bind fat. And Fatty/adipose tissue produces fat..its some kind off vicious circle..

That makes sense! I wasn't trying to disprove your thoughts Blush I was actually really interested to see how the whole process works!

And when I was reading on it, it said that the water soluble vitamins (like vitamin c) are absorbed into your body and not stored in fat (since they aren't fat soluble), like you said. So you do need to take water soluble vitamins daily since your body can't store them! So you're right there. But also, I feel healthier taking vitamins daily instead of skipping days and whatnot Tongue

And ooh yeah that must be true about the estrogen binding to fat cycle thing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon