Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Should I take a break?

Hi

I wonder if it might be recommended for me to take a break from herbs and PM on my next cycle? I've been doing NBE for three and a half months (since July). Before discovering this forum, and knowing better, I bought the Boost Your Bust ebook and decided to follow the program it outlined.

The first month (July) involved preliminary preparation for herb use. I did this by using progesterone cream for 14 days before menses.

The second month (August) I began taking herbs from the first day of my first cycle subsequent to using the progesterone cream. My program was as follows:

2010mg Fenugreek (1 610mg capsule, 3x daily, every day throughout my cycle)
1800mg Saw Palmetto (1 600mg capsule 3x daily, everyday throughout my cycle)
1050mg Red clover (1 350mg capsule 3 x daily, everyday throughout my cycle)
Topical wild yam with a little flaxseed oil for massage in the morning
Topical fenugreek with a little flaxseed oil for massage in the evening

During the first month I discovered this forum and learnt enough about NBE to make me question the effectiveness of the Boost Your Bust program I was on. I decided to ditch the red clover capsules (thanks to AbiDrew85's guidance!) - and the topical wild yam, topical fenugreek and topical flaxseed oil - and instead purchased 500mg PM capsules and PM cream (both from Puearia UK) to introduce into my program on my next cycle.

My program on month 2 was :

1 500 mg capsule in the morning (cycled from day 1 to day 14 of my cycle)
2010mg Fenugreek (1 610mg capsule 3x daily, everyday throughout my cycle)
1800mg Saw Palmetto (1 600mg capsule 3x daily, everyday throughout my cycle)
Topical PM cream for massage in the morning and evening (throughout my entire cycle).

The third month (the month I am currently just about to complete) has been exactly the same as the second, with the exception of an increase in PM dosage. I took 500mg of PM twice daily for the first 14 days of my cycle. I have also been drinking 2 cups of spearmint tea (made from an infusion of 2g of dried spearmint leaves per cup) for about the past week and a half.

The Boost Your Bust book advises to take a break from herbs on the forth month/cycle. It says to use progesterone cream only. Although I didn't stick to the Boost Your Bust program beyond the first month (with the exception of continuing to take fenugreek and saw palmetto in the dosages it instructs), I wonder whether a break is still something I should do? Perhaps it's important to break off from phytoestrogens every once in a while to maintain health and ensure their continued effectiveness ? I haven't used any progesterone cream for the past three months (since starting herbs and PM) and wonder whether I should have done so?

I'm sorry this post is so long winded! Please might anyone help me?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon