Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question about phases

Hi ladies, I'm new here but have been lurking for months and have learned so much! I'm wanting to add some PM cream to my journey but I'm a bit confused about the follicular phase vs luteal phase. I understand Follicular is days 1-14 off your cycle and luteal would cover the rest. However, I'm on the pill for medical reasons. My period is NEVER in sync with my pill! My pill has 3 active weeks and one off week when my period should come. Instead my period seems to show up randomly during the 3rd week of active pills. It only lasts a day or 2 and never into the off week. Should I be calculating my phases based on the day of my actual period or the days my pill says?

Hi Wishin Smile As far as I know you don't have to cycle pm cream because you are not messing with your hormones if you are applying it topically. I use pm cream and pill and only cycle the pill and use the cream the all the time. But then I'm not on any birth control either. A lot of users here that are on the bc pill don't cycle the pm pill as well since you usually don't ovulate on bc anyway. But as far as the cream goes you can just apply it every day Smile

good luck and hope this helps Smile

That is super helpful, thank you so much Smile

You are welcome Smile

I forgot to mention, you said you where a little confused on the cycle phases. Follicular phase is not necessarily the first 14 days but the first day of your period until the day you ovulate. Not everyone ovulates on the 14th day. for some people it could be on the 12th and some the 16th for example. And luteal phase is the rest of the days after ovulation which is normally 14 days Smile One of the most simple ways to find out when you ovulate is to do BBT charting. In Follicular phase you will have a lower temperature of about 96.9 degrees due to the abundance of estrogen and when you see a temperature drop ovulation happens within 48hrs after that. After that your temperature will rise above the temperature in follicular phase around 98.0 due to the progesterone and remain high until you get your period. It can sound a little confusing at first but I find BBT charting very useful for monitoring what is going on in my cycle and to know when to stop taking pm Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon