Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spearmint Tea - Reduce Testosterone, Increase Estrogen?

(05-07-2013, 11:18 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(05-07-2013, 07:32 PM)lil_babyxoxo Wrote:  True...but I find it hard to drink all that tea sometimes. When I drink a lot I get really bloated and I feel lazy... I also find it very hard to drink that hot tea expecially in the summer on days like today when it's so hot and humid... The capsules might be a better option for me. But thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it Smile

Well, you don't have to make it a tea.  I understand you completely on NOT wanting tea, actually, myself.

Though you could make it an iced tea.  Brew it a gallon at a time or something and chill it.

But yeah...  Capsules are what I'm doing right now, mainly because I just got done buying like a 5 month supply right before I discovered the bulk leaf option.  I don't personally have any trouble swallowing pills.

I actually figure when I end up switching that I'll just individually baggy it into doses and then put it with whatever I'm eating and just eat it straight up.  Cuz all my dosing times are also eating times.
Abidrew,   i might have missed it, (sory if i did) but can you drink too much spearmint tea?   I know personally during the summer i drink a large quantity of liquids,, and i love the taste of spearmint tea, especially iced. So is there a (so many glasses a day limit on that health wise?)

Of note, in the original study they used 5g for each of the two cups of tea.  A typical tea bag is 1.25g.

I don't think it's likely that you can OD on mint nor almost any seasoning.  Not practically speaking anyway.  Like many things that reduce T I'll bet that it has little or no benefit past the normal amount though.  Regardless I'd just stick to exactly what they did in the study so that there's less guesswork.  5g per cup and spread out the two cups.

Based on this 5g is a little over 3 tbsp, or about 10 tsp.  Dry spearmint must be really fluffy:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/308?fgcd=&manu=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=50&offset=&sort=default&order=asc&qlookup=spearmint&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
In fact I bet it could vary depending on how much it's packed down.  I'd measure by weight instead of volume if possible.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon