Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria mirifica extract brands!!!? (AbiDrew85?)

Star 

Since I'm going to be dropping a couple hundred (or more) on PM extract i'm trying to figure out what brand to buy.

I have had positive experience with Ainterols products but their PM extract is almost half a liter for $469.75.

the other option I've found is St.herb's pm extract
http://www.puerariamirifica.com/pueraria...xtract.htm
I would get twice as much PM for half the price. (1 liter for $260)

Quality is more important to me than price. So has any tried either of these? Is St.herb a reputable brand? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

AbiDrew85,
Forgive Me if you aren't the one but I think I read a post by you talking about a PM extract you tried that wasn't Ainterol. Was it St.herb or something else and did it work well for you?

(07-03-2013, 02:39 AM)usehername Wrote:  AbiDrew85,
Forgive Me if you aren't the one but I think I read a post by you talking about a PM extract you tried that wasn't Ainterol. Was it St.herb or something else and did it work well for you?

I have made a purchase of the st.herbs, but it is presently sitting not yet used since I still have probably at least a good months worth of my Ainterol supply left.

I really have no idea what the quality of the Ainterol extract is. Only their claims, and they seem to claim that 2 drops "equals" the potency of 1 of their 500mg caps. But they do not make available any actual chemical analyses, and I have yet to attempt asking them for one.

St.Herbs makes their chemical analyses freely available, though they do not appear to analyze for miroestrol let alone deoxymiroestrol. But what they do measure is puerarin, which is difficult to isolate from miroestrol and generally is a good indicator of the miroestrol content as well.

Anyways. St. Herbs Liquid contains approximately 144 mg / 100 gram of puerarin per entire, and according to the claims I have found regarding Ainterol's capsules is approximately 62mg / 100 gram of puerarin per entire, which would make St. Herbs liquid slightly stronger than Ainterol's if true.

Ainterol's liquid is not truly liquid, though, but a semi-solid, while st.herbs is true liquid.

EDIT:

BTW! So you don't get stuck in the same rigamarole that I did, BE SURE to have them attach a copy of their COA to your shipment, or the FDA WILL confiscate it, and MIGHT destroy it. I was given a one-time free pass, but warned that they won't let me get off a second time. This is if you order the st.herbs.

Thank you so much for your input!

May I ask what a COA is? Blush

(07-03-2013, 03:04 AM)usehername Wrote:  Thank you so much for your input!

May I ask what a COA is? Blush

Certificate of Analyses. It's a little document that tells the FDA what all is in it.

You also need to clearly label intended use and crap like that. I'll get the full list of things I was "advised" to do if you'd like?

And intended use is external cosmetic use only! Even if you're actually going to do otherwise once you get your hands on it, the FDA won't give clearance for internal use for heck only knows why, it's perfectly safe for internal use and other things the FDA allows sale of in this country contain the same solvent and are used for internal use. The FDA is just being ornery, probably because the product is being important from Thailand, and Thailand IS known for its illicit drug trade...

If its not to much trouble then yes that would be helpful. Smile

I'm still unsure what brand I will end up with. I'll have to research some more but it looks like there is limited available information on it. Sad

So I take it you didn't have any trouble receiving the extract from Ainterol then?

Also did you decide to try a different brand because you found Ainterols extract ineffective, or other reasons?

(07-03-2013, 03:17 AM)usehername Wrote:  If its not to much trouble then yes that would be helpful. Smile
I'll have to try to find the darned list. It was the last thing I received from them just before they finally released it.

(07-03-2013, 03:17 AM)usehername Wrote:  So I take it you didn't have any trouble receiving the extract from Ainterol then?
No problems at all. But then Ainterol deals with US customers directly and often. They've probably got something negotiated with the FDA ahead of time. Shoot. Considering the price difference, my bet's they greased a few palms.

(07-03-2013, 03:17 AM)usehername Wrote:  Also did you decide to try a different brand because you found Ainterols extract ineffective, or other reasons?
Cost. I was hoping to save money by making the switch. Because as you yourself pointed out, St.herbs is MUCH less expensive when buying in bulk!

I just got done talking to a live St. herb rep and this is what they told me

"yes our PM liquid is premium grade
we have our own farm so can control the quality
also we provide lab testing before launching
and we do provide COA and other documents if needed"

lol I wasnt sure what questions to ask, I'm not as science inclined as you when it comes to herbs.

But if you ever want to chat with st.herb or Ainterol they have a live chat button towards the lower right hand side of the screen and you may get some better info out of them. (I noticed they are usually on at night.)

Its a gamble but I'm thinking I may go with St.herb. Cheaper, for more product, plus they are more giving with information.
The only downside I see at this point is the potential FDA problem.

Please let me know if you run into anything, I'll do the same.
Youre so helpful Tongue

St.Herbs website also said they add Progesterone to their PM!?! I don't know if their talking about their extract, pill, creams or what. But is that okay? I mean should they be adding that in with their PM?

http://www.puerariamirifica.com/pueraria...rifica.htm

"What could be more natural?
One more hormone to consider “Progesterone” that same young woman produced progesterone along with her three estrogens, and that same woman in menopause has quit making progesterone. Our formulation includes progesterone, also from natural sources and bio-identical, for several reasons. By replacing what is lost, a woman is getting back to what is most natural for her body. Progesterone actually helps the body use the estrogens better, so we can use the least amount of estrogens to be effective. Progesterone has been shown to actually build bone, act as a natural antidepressant, serve as a source of other hormones lost to aging; basically, making things more balanced"

Edit:
My boyfriend looked at it and he thinks they add the progesterone to their products but not to their raw materials.

(07-03-2013, 03:54 AM)usehername Wrote:  Edit:
My boyfriend looked at it and he thinks they add the progesterone to their products but not to their raw materials.

Yeah, that's what it seems. Their various serums and creams have probably WY added, not really USP progesterone. Or we DEFINITELY would have problems importing it! One of the lovely quirks of our lovely government is that they'll permit the sale of USP progesterone OTC, but they won't permit the import of products containing USP progesterone from outside the US.

I'll try to find out what all is needed to be included if you order the st.herbs. I have to have the dumb document around here somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it. Or maybe I can just look it up, there's probably a standardized list somewhere on the internet.

Great, no hurry. Just get back to me when you can. I'll be placing my order within a month or so (need to save up a bit more $ first) and like to do some more research.

I cant believe they did that to you. I was told by a friend on the noogleberry forum that the FDA wants to control and regulate everything, even herbs and vitamins because they don't want us to help ourselves. They'd rather us get implants and other surgery because there is a profit to be made.
He also sent me this link, apparently there is a group(s) fighting against them- http://www.anh-usa.org/main-menu/anh-cam...pplements/

I really had no idea. Crazy stuff.

Anyway I take it you got results with the Ainterol extract? I've done alright with the capsules and breast cream but I feel like I need a boost, something stronger. I'll probably take a few drops of the extract orally, add it to my Ainterol breast cream to make it more potent, and maybe put some in a spray bottle. I'm taking maca to regulate my hormones (and to increase my bum.) I was also just put on Progesterone-only BC so I'm feeling pretty confident with my routine. I look and feel more feminine than I use to for sure. Big Grin

I'll go read-up on your program/posts so maybe I can stop bombarding you with questions and soak up some more info tehe Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon