Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has Anyone Tried PM Phytogen Complex?

Hi, has anyone tried PM Pytogen Complex by Solgar? From what I've read, the main estrogenic compound in PM is miroesterol, which is present at 0.002%. That means that a 500mg capsule would have about 10mcg of miroesterol. However, PM Phytogen has a PM extract standardized to contain 80mcg per tablet. This sounds like it could be far more potent.

Thoughts? Experiences?

(19-02-2013, 03:26 PM)Staceyc Wrote:  Hi, has anyone tried PM Pytogen Complex by Solgar? From what I've read, the main estrogenic compound in PM is miroesterol, which is present at 0.002%. That means that a 500mg capsule would have about 10mcg of miroesterol. However, PM Phytogen has a PM extract standardized to contain 80mcg per tablet. This sounds like it could be far more potent.

Thoughts? Experiences?

I have wondered this too! How do you know a 500mg capsule has 10mcg??

"Solgar is proud to introduce PM PhytoGen Complex Tablets. Each tablet delivers 80 mg of Thai Kudzu extract (Pueraria mirifica) standardized to contain 16 mcg of miroestrol, plus key B vitamins, for the relief of menopausal symptoms."

Its only 16mcg. But what bothers me is the name kudzu extract! Is this the same miroestrol found in pueraria? I thought kudzu had isoflavones and not miroestrol.

Well, I multiplied the 500mg by 0.002% and came up with 0.01mg, which is 10mcg. Although the stated 80mg of PM doesn't seem to bear this out. I think I'll just try the Ainterol PM 500mg capsules instead.

I was all excited to buy it after reading this post, but Tibetan brought up a good point. Then I thought about it again....

Thai Kudzo IS pueraria mirifica. Someone please correct if I am wrong. But pueraria lobata is referred to as just kudzo.
Its advertised as Thai Kudzo...

I have other solgar stuff, I wanna give this one a shot, and the price is def right.

It seems that there is considerable variability in the strength of miroesterol in various strains of PM. So, it is possible that the 0.002% reported in the analysis I found on-line. Otherwise, how could the 80mg of PM in the PM Phytogen Complex possibly have 16mcg of miroesterol.

Ainterol PM reports that they are now using a stronger strain of PM in their formulation. If their ratio is the same as Solgar's, that would mean that a 500mg capsule would contain 100mcg of miroesterol.

My goal is to kick-start growing my breasts, so I've decided to order the Ainterol PM. It's reasonably priced on Amazon.com. I just wish I could go to a regular vitamin and herb shop to purchase it.

Ive just bought the solgar as Im a fan of smaller doses of anything strong.
Good luck to you!!!

I wish you the best, Mistress George. Let me know how it works for you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon