Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My herbal program gone wrong :(

Started taking PM, FG , SP and Gingko in the month of November . My monthly was delayed by almost 22 days and had a really bad break out and a really bad mouth ulcer...inside and along the lip line . Dont know whats happening . Quit in between ... started again about 10 days back and started having the same symptoms

Please help .

PM has to be the cause of the delayed menstruation. I've never heard anyone experiencing irregular cycles due to any of the other supps you're taking. You could try cycling your PM and see if your cycle length goes back to normal. The vast majority of women can't take high doses of PM all month, or else their cycle lengthens, or even stops entirely. There are exceptions of course, and some people seem to be able to take as much as they want for as long as they want without having any issues, but most people need to cycle it.

Are you sure the ulceration is not just a cold sore? You could wait until it heals, and then take each supp individually for a few days each, and see if it comes back.

(03-02-2013, 07:01 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  PM has to be the cause of the delayed menstruation. I've never heard anyone experiencing irregular cycles due to any of the other supps you're taking. You could try cycling your PM and see if your cycle length goes back to normal. The vast majority of women can't take high doses of PM all month, or else their cycle lengthens, or even stops entirely. There are exceptions of course, and some people seem to be able to take as much as they want for as long as they want without having any issues, but most people need to cycle it.

Are you sure the ulceration is not just a cold sore? You could wait until it heals, and then take each supp individually for a few days each, and see if it comes back.

Ive never had ulceration before nor so many pimples on my face !! lol ... I ll try taking the supplements individually like you suggested and see who the culprit really is ...hehe . But I really dont know about this cycling PM thingy though .

Thanks so much

(03-02-2013, 07:54 PM)WZV Wrote:  
(03-02-2013, 07:01 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  PM has to be the cause of the delayed menstruation. I've never heard anyone experiencing irregular cycles due to any of the other supps you're taking. You could try cycling your PM and see if your cycle length goes back to normal. The vast majority of women can't take high doses of PM all month, or else their cycle lengthens, or even stops entirely. There are exceptions of course, and some people seem to be able to take as much as they want for as long as they want without having any issues, but most people need to cycle it.

Ive never had ulceration before nor so many pimples on my face !! lol ... I ll try taking the supplements individually like you suggested and see who the culprit really is ...hehe . But I really dont know about this cycling PM thingy though .

Thanks so much

Well, time to learn! Get to reading. You have loads to research. Smile

Why are you unsure about cycling PM as opposed to taking it without breaks? Do you mean your unsure that you want to keep taking it at all?

(03-02-2013, 09:36 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  Why are you unsure about cycling PM as opposed to taking it without breaks? Do you mean your unsure that you want to keep taking it at all?

Am I supposed to take it without breaks ?? If I have to give it a break when do I do that ?? I have been taking PM throughout without a break .

(03-02-2013, 08:00 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(03-02-2013, 07:54 PM)WZV Wrote:  

Thanks so much

Well, time to learn! Get to reading. You have loads to research. Smile

Hehehe...I have done quite a bit . Guess I need to do more Smile

Someone mentioned they contacted Ainterol about PM and missed cycles, and they said that it will cause a disruption in your cycle, but it should go back to normal by the third month, once the PM is really in your system. I, however, took it three months, not even the entire time, and had to cut down because I wasn't getting my period and still got cramps/pimples/allthegoodstuff. So you need to cycle it like me.

Mocha suggested to me that I just take it for the first week after my period this month, and then next month go up to two weeks, and never go beyond that. I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting my period or not, but I do have hopes that this will put my cycle back on schedule. If not, I'll have to give up on the PM. Sad

I guarantee the PM is the culprit to your problems. Without a doubt. It happens to almost everyone who takes it. Also, it's suggested that you don't take any other estrogenic herbs while taking PM, and just take the other herbs the weeks you're not taking PM.

(05-02-2013, 01:41 AM)Doll Wrote:  Someone mentioned they contacted Ainterol about PM and missed cycles, and they said that it will cause a disruption in your cycle, but it should go back to normal by the third month, once the PM is really in your system. I, however, took it three months, not even the entire time, and had to cut down because I wasn't getting my period and still got cramps/pimples/allthegoodstuff. So you need to cycle it like me.

Mocha suggested to me that I just take it for the first week after my period this month, and then next month go up to two weeks, and never go beyond that. I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting my period or not, but I do have hopes that this will put my cycle back on schedule. If not, I'll have to give up on the PM. Sad

I guarantee the PM is the culprit to your problems. Without a doubt. It happens to almost everyone who takes it. Also, it's suggested that you don't take any other estrogenic herbs while taking PM, and just take the other herbs the weeks you're not taking PM.

Thanks Doll ....Ill cycle it this time and see what happens . Am not too worried about my period though but cant afford to have so many pimples on my face since I fly Sad . I was grounded for a week coz of the pimples and the mouth ulcer .

I really dont wanna give up on PM .

Doll, actually I meant that I thought you should start by taking it for only a week, and stop 2 or 3 days before ovulation. After that you would increase the number of days you take it by only 1 or 2 days per cycle. If you started to get a long cycle, than you'd reduce the number of days by a day or two, to get back to a dose that didn't cause you trouble. I don't know that this is necessarily the best way of taking PM, but it's probably the easiest way to avoid a long cycle.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon