Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Liquid extracts with or without alcohol?

Should Liquid extracts better be with or without alcohol?
I'm talking about fenugreek and red clover extracts

Sorry, not sure what you mean?

Are you thinking of making your own extracts??

Whether extracts are better with alcohol (several different types) or some other solvents depends on the plant and extract you trying to pull out.

Grain Alcohol (vodka, rum etc.) of over 40% (80proof) is typically used for at home tinctures.

Water is also considered an extraction solvent (ie tea (infusion), decoctions).

Vinegar can also be used for some extracts.

Depending if you're concerned about consuming alcohol from the preparation. You can take the liquid extract and burn off of the liquid leaving just pure powder and consume the powder instead.

what if I wanted to get hops extract for massage? would it be okay if I used olive oil?

Sara,

If you are asking if you put Hops in Olive Oil for 2-4weeks if it will extract hops active ingredients, unlikely.

If you are asking can you use Hops Extract and mix it with olive oil for massage if that would be fine.. Yes. But there are much better carrier oils for massage for NBE.

i don't have hops extract..I have only hops powder and I was asking how to make hops extrct for massage
help me me plz

You can for hops do an extraction using 40% or higher vodka. Start off with a 4:1 ratio of vodka to hops.

Simple way. Use a mason jar fill with hops powder and add 4x much vodka. Shake 2x a day and keep it out light in a cupboard etc. After 2wks or 4 would be better, strain through unbleached coffee filter and and pressed the powder well to get every last drop out.

Use 1 dropper full mixed with extra virgin olive oil or some some other oil for your massage.

thnx for reply I really appreciate it .. but it's a lil hard to me to get vodca .. can I use vingar or water instead? and how to mix?

hello where r u guys? need help plz

You really need grain alcohol like vodka or rum and ideally over 80 proof.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon